Tour de France 2018

More
5 years 8 months ago #151 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Tour de France 2018
Top 3
Bodnar @ 11/2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #152 by The Vann
Great stage yesterday. First real day when GC contenders started racing before the final few km's. My form on this years tour continues as my main bet today was going to be Phinney against whoever they matched him with. With a broken nose and cracked cheek bone that's history. Taking a longer odds treble today
Impey over De Gendt / Martin over Bardet / TJ over Andersen @ 7/2

More
5 years 8 months ago #153 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Tour de France 2018
Tour newsletter is out - reflecting on a great stage yesterday and the fact that this race requires patience which the younger generation may not have

mailchi.mp/57a39b2d492b/stage-19-the-cla...we-have-been-craving

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 years 8 months ago #154 by The Vann

The Vann wrote: Top 3
Bodnar @ 11/2

Poor form continues. Weather has taken this bet out with the later starters getting a dry course.

More
5 years 8 months ago #155 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic Tour de France 2018
Stage 21 preview

www.goodforthegame.co.za/Cycling/tour-de...tage-21-preview.html

Brent likes Demare at upwards of even money, I'll include Durbridge at 400/1 from the break

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
5 years 8 months ago #156 by Brent Graham
Crucial to the Demare bet is the WSB Money Back special for 2nd place (free bets)

He is racing against a diluted field, Sagan potentially injured and he has an excellent train. Were it not for the promo I wouldn't be climbing in but I do think that this 2nd place insurance makes him a cracking bet

I got 12/10 around an hour ago and went with 5 units

Back to yesterday and my Zakarin match bet arrives but Thomas soft pedals down the final climb to lose to Tom D so a small loss of 0.1u

P/L -13.8

The big long term of Roglic/Tom will be written off today as will some speculative win bets but I will collect on a few long terms as well and hoping if Demare arrives I won't be too far from square

More
5 years 8 months ago #157 by Brent Graham
There is 14/10 Demare at Sunbet but I am happy to have the insurance in case he is just beaten

More
5 years 8 months ago #158 by The Vann
My outrights carry more money then the stage bets and they have been a disaster. From stage 1 when 2/3 of the field were taken out of yellow jersey contention in week 1 with the crash to AG2R losing 3 climbers on the flat ending my AG2R team and Latour bets and probably the Bardet top 3 and then Porte out before the mountains. This left me with 4 outrights yesterday and I lost 3 of them. Roglic top 3, Froome off podium and, cruelly, my white jersey match bet when Matinez and Tolhoek swopped places to finish 36 and 37 - a loss by 47 seconds. This only leaves Demare top 3 in green. I can't see Degenkolb winning the stage and Demare finishing out of the places. On my current form this means Demare will crash today and be carried off to hospital with half the bones in his body broken.
So - leaving out Demare I am going for
Laporte @ 11/1

More
5 years 8 months ago #159 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Tour de France 2018
not had time to punt this tour and probably a good thing as think the sheer volume of stages would have just meant likely continued leakage. But for a small Sunday interest -

Stuyven 50/1 e/w
Richeze 40/1 e/w

More
5 years 8 months ago #160 by Brent Graham
Thanks everyone for a great Tour and especially those who played in the Fantasy League - Couch you had me worried right until the very end and Vann what a strong finish to podium

FDJ train butchers it yesterday and Demare not good enough without perfect positioning, can't believe he didn't at least get 2nd

A couple of 5 unit long terms arrive - Demare/Kittel points 5/6 and Fugslang/Uran 1/1 but 8 units done on Roglic/Tom D and another couple on long terms - reckon I finished around 9 units down overall.

The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann