Olympics General Betting Thread, w/c 26th July

More
2 years 8 months ago #51 by Chiefie

Quill wrote: Women's Football, Final

Sweden vs Canada

Sweden plays beautiful attacking football and they won all their matches in the group stage scoring many goals (3-0 vs USA, 4-2 vs Australia and 2-0 vs New Zeeland. In the quarterfinals they beat Japan without much fuss, 3-1. In the semifinals they beat Australia again, 1-0.

Canada got here by playing defensive football. They rarely had possession and rarely threatened the opposition goal.
They drew 0-0 with Brazil and won on penalties, then they beat USA 1-0 from a penalty, a match dominated by USA.
Will they manage to do the same against Sweden?
Sweden plays very well with long balls behind the defenders and are creating many chances.
I'll go with the team that likes to attack more.

Bet: Sweden -0.5 @1.88

Not sure whats worse. Betting and losing on womans football. Having to watch it. Or having to listen to its commentary.

This is the last time I will be betting on womans sport. Period.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #52 by Quill

Chiefie wrote:

Sweden vs Canada

Sweden plays beautiful attacking football and they won all their matches in the group stage scoring many goals (3-0 vs USA, 4-2 vs Australia and 2-0 vs New Zeeland. In the quarterfinals they beat Japan without much fuss, 3-1. In the semifinals they beat Australia again, 1-0.

Canada got here by playing defensive football. They rarely had possession and rarely threatened the opposition goal.
They drew 0-0 with Brazil and won on penalties, then they beat USA 1-0 from a penalty, a match dominated by USA.
Sweden plays very well with long balls behind the defenders and are creating many chances.

Not sure whats worse. Betting and losing on womans football. Having to watch it. Or having to listen to its commentary.

A few years ago I used to say "if it's not Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova, I'm not betting on women's tennis".
Should apply to football as well. Only that I don't see an equivalent, as even USA failed.

Canada equalized through a penalty! How else!! That's how they got through till here, penalties.

More
2 years 8 months ago #53 by Chiefie

Quill wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Sweden vs Canada

A few years ago I used to say "if it's not Serena Williams or Maria Sharapova, I'm not betting on women's tennis".
Should apply to football as well. Only that I don't see an equivalent, as even USA failed.

Canada equalized through a penalty! How else!! That's how they got through till here, penalties.

What are the odds of 0 penalties being scored?

More
2 years 8 months ago #54 by Chiefie

Chiefie wrote:

Quill wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Sweden vs Canada

4/10 penalties scored. Jesus wept. Make it end.

More
2 years 8 months ago #55 by Chiefie

Chiefie wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Quill wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Sweden vs Canada

I had Sweden in a treble to win decent cash and they’ve just fucking lost in penalties. Come on.

More
2 years 8 months ago #56 by Quill

Chiefie wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Quill wrote:

Chiefie wrote:

Sweden vs Canada

I had Sweden in a treble to win decent cash and they’ve just fucking lost in penalties. Come on.

Sweden could've finished the match in 90 minutes. They should've. They lost it, not that Canada won it.

More
2 years 8 months ago #57 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Olympics General Betting Thread, w/c 26th July

Naidoo wrote:

southpaw wrote: 3 track medal events this afternoon, trying for an interest this treble:

Mens Olympics 2020 - Men's 5,000m - To Win a Medal
Joshua Cheptegei (UGA)
Women's Olympics 2020 - Womens 1500m - To Win a Medal
Laura Muir (GBR)
Women's Olympics 2020 - Womens 400m - Gold Medal Winner
Shaunae Miller-Uibo (BAH)

@ 7/2

Brilliant Southpaw :beer :beer :beer

Shot Naidoo.

More
2 years 8 months ago #58 by Quill
Football

Brazil vs Spain

Years ago in the final of the World Youth Championship, Brazil beat Spain 1-0, with Spain having received a red card in the 4th minute. It was still a tight match, despite Spain playing in 10 men from the beginning, and Spain hit the cross bar too.
They say history repeats itself...

Bet 1: Brazil to Lift the Trophy @1.80
Bet 2: Red card in the match @3.75
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

More
2 years 8 months ago #59 by Laokai
Men’s 1500m final:

I don’t think Cheruiyot wins today, so I’ll go:

3U The field vs. Cheruiyot @ 1.65
1U Kipsang vs Cheruiyot @ 3.35

Women’s Basketball bronze match:

France got absolutely thrashed by Japan in the semis yesterday. Quick turnaround here to try and focus on the bronze, vs a team that rested 5 hours earlier and beat them well in the Euro final earlier this summer.

3U Serbia @ 2.00

GL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

More
2 years 8 months ago #60 by southpaw
Treble -
4x400 Jamaica men medal
4x400 Jamaica women medal
1500 men Igregbigsten medal

@ 9/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, kt6747, Naidoo

More
2 years 8 months ago #61 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: Treble -
4x400 Jamaica men medal
4x400 Jamaica women medal
1500 men Igregbigsten medal

@ 9/10

7/2 treble cruises home yesterday then a 9/10 treble which really should be nailed on fails. Baffling.

Still nicely up on Olympics and looking for a winning finish on marathon tonight.