Cycling : Il Lombardia

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #1 by The Vann
Cycling : Il Lombardia was created by The Vann
Saturday see's cycling's final Monument of the season "The Race of the Falling Leaves". Run from Bergamo to Como over 241km with the decisive climb coming 17km from the end - the Civiglio 4.2km at 9.8% with ramps of 14%. The descent is technical and Nibali won last year by building up almost a minute on this descent. As the race comes at the end of the season most riders are tired and breaks seldom stay ( last one in 2011). Valverde is favorite but he looked tired in Milan-Torino on Wednesday as did A Yates and Moscon. Pinot looked good but he can't descend with the best. Not sure if its because I have had a crap punting week or if its because this is the last big race of the season but I am upgrading my beers to units for this one
Win Bardet @ 9/1 One unit
Top 3 Bardet @ 9/4 Four units
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by The Vann.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic Cycling : Il Lombardia
Thanks Vann I don't think Ive seen this race before. Time is short so a bit blind with these but Moscon and Rui Costs gave me a big run in the Worlds and at 50/1 Costa is my preference, nibble at Moscon and then cover stake on your Bardet pick.

All the best for the last big race mate, cheers for all your cycling input this year

twitter: @goodforthegame
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.