Tuesday12th Feb Milestone Bet, Throwing Logic Out The Window

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #1 by mackem
Here we go, a bit of fun, well hopefully,

I'm on the verge of a milestone which gives me a few hours to act in a completely irrational manner. .

Shortly I am heading for a night out and when I return, one of my betting accounts will hopefully be heading for a healthy injection. This play has little to do with logic, nor is it one I suggest anyone follows. It's my way of marking a milestone..The only thing it has going for it is that under the circumstances which I will reveal later in this post, it "feels right". (at least to me it does)

As far as I am aware only 1 team in the top 4 English Leagues has found the net in every league match this season. That team is Sunderland, my club of choice. The problem is they have developed a habit of scoring just the 1 goal, costing them ground in the promotion race and myself money as I often back them to score at least twice.

On Tuesday night we host Blackpool, no mugs in recent weeks although we did beat them away from home over Christmas when our 1 goal was enough to seal the points. Just maybe, just maybe the shackles can be broken tonight...?

Her is my play.with the units on the conservative over 1.5 option designed to help cover some of the stakes on the more adventurous elements of over 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.

Sunderland v Blackpool, League 1

Sunderland over 1.5 goals at 0.98
Sunderland over 2.5 goals at 3.30
Sunderland over 3.5 goals at 9.20
Sunderland over 4.5 goals at 13.30

Why am I doing this? Well this is no basis for a punt but these okes owe me something for my loyalty. I was only about 5 years old when I saw my first Sunderland game, I went to over 70 different grounds to witness them play some awful football before moving overseas and as bad as it was at times, I really miss it..

If they let me down and fail to score or just score once tonight I will I be disappointed, not with the financial loss but because we need the points to get back in the promotion race.

However should we hit 4 of 5 I will view it as Sunderland's way of saying thanks for my loyalty and also happy birthday as I turn 50 years old on Wednesday.:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Haway the lads ...!!!!!

twitter: @goodforthegame
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by mackem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, kt6747, Matador, Stoossy, The Vann, Naidoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #2 by The Vann
Great post Chris. In honour of the big 50 a few beers on
Sunderland to win 5-0 @ 109/1
Worked for a friend of mine many years ago. ManU unfortunately only managed 1-0 against Villa for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
5 years 2 months ago #3 by the punter
I’ll join in, I’m taking the O3.5 goals.
Happy birthday boet

More
5 years 2 months ago #4 by Brent Graham
Happy Birthday Chris but I think the "Sunderland to score exactly 1 goal" is the way to go with these guys!

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
5 years 2 months ago #5 by hanrick
Happy birthday Chris! All the best with the bets!

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
5 years 2 months ago #6 by bradie82
Happy Birthday Chris!! always a pleasure to read your previews!

• mackem
  • mackem's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
5 years 2 months ago #7 by mackem
Thanks for the birthday wishes guys, had a nice 50th. Quickly shrugged off the disappointment of Sunderland scoring just the 1 goal yet again - there really is nothing else that team can do to me :cheer:

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
5 years 2 months ago #8 by Couch Critic
Mackem!! Hope you had a great birthday old boy (despite the betting result).

By the sound of things you could have hosted quite the celebration had you backed Sunderland for exactly one goal throughout the season:P

On a more serious note thanks for all the incredible effort you put in ensuring this site is a huge success Chris.

May you experience many many more goals from your Black Cats!

Twitter: @HDiemont