Gambling Board Procedure

More
5 years 3 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Ruan Fourie
Gambling Board Procedure was created by Ruan Fourie
I have a problem with Betolimp.

I would like to report them to the gambling board but I'm unsure of the procedure. How would I go about it?
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Ruan Fourie.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #2 by kompos
Replied by kompos on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Lungile Mbunge
Chief Gaming Auditor: Regulatory Compliance

Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board
Seafare House
68 Orange Street
Gardens

Tel: +27 021 480 7434
Fax: +27 021 422 2602
E-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, Stoossy

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Ruan Fourie
Replied by Ruan Fourie on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Thank you very much kompos! I appreciate it.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #4 by threepeat
Replied by threepeat on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Hi Ruan,
I would try Couch Critic for problems resolution.... he seems to get various betting options approved at Betolimp and he will not want a problem with GFTG Forum punters.

Cheers T
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Ruan Fourie
Hi threepeat,

Thanks, yes Couch knows my story. At this point in time I want to go to the gambling board so that other people don't fall for it. After complaining on social media I found another person who took them to the gambling board over this and he said he got his money back.

I want to take them to the gambling board. Get my money back and get them to change their terms and conditions.

I'll take some time to write everything down today so that I can explain what irks me so.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #6 by Ruan Fourie
I joined Betolimp after they were featured at Goodforthegame. More to support Goodforthegame than anything else.

I saw they had a first deposit bonus and it seemed clear cut. I would deposit R3000, get a R3000 bonus and I had to use the bonus within 7 days or it would expire. The bonus bets had to be bet on odds of 1.8 or greater. Then the terms stated that before I could withdraw the money I had to wager the bonus 5 times plus the initial deposit.

Everything seemed fine. It was how many other bookies handled the deposit bonus.
I thought that to make use of the bonus I would bet 3 R1000 bets before it expires. That’s where the initial problems appeared. They had special Super Rugby bets and for some reason I was limited on the amount I could bet on them. R44 was the maximum I could bet on Malcom Marx being the first try scorer. Instead of betting R1000 on the Hurricanes to win by 1 to 12 I had to bet R200.

On some handicap bets or point bets on the rugby I could not bet on what I wanted to because the markets on those would be 1.78 so they wouldn’t count towards using the bonus.

I placed R1000 on the Reds vs Stormers game and some smaller bets, thinking I’ll use the rest of the R3000 bonus on the Saturday.

That R1000 bet won and then I noticed that unlike how things will work at World Sports Betting for instance, the winnings still showed as part of the bonus.

So I contacted their live chat support and then I was told that the whole bonus wagering process had to be completed within 7 days. That you won’t just lose your R3000 bonus, you will lose all winnings using it if you don’t go through the R18 000 wagering process within 7 days.

I was shocked. I said that in point 1 of their terms and conditions the bonus is clearly defined:
1. All new customers will qualify for a 100% match bonus up to a maximum of R3000 on their first deposit.
2. The Bonus will be credited automatically on your first deposit of R100 or more.

And then in point 18 it says that the bonus will only be available for 7 days.

18. The Bonus will only be available for 7 days after crediting. All bonus bets will need to be settled within 7 days of receiving the bonus, otherwise they will be forfeited
Nowhere does it state that all the winnings from the bonus form part of your bonus that will expire in that 7 days.

That’s clear bait. Because they give you an impossible task, don’t give you all the information and then when they catch you, your deposit forms part of the wagering requirements.

They pointed out that in point 8 they say that the wagering requirements say that I have to go through the R18 000.

8. To withdraw you need to wager five times the value of the bonus, as well as your initial deposit once. (For example, If you deposit R1000 and receive a R1000 match bonus, you will need to wager R5000 (R1000 x 5) + R1000 (your deposit) before you can make a withdrawal from any balance. Once wagering is met, any outstanding bonus bets will become void.

But that doesn’t state that your winnings become part of the bonus that will expire. It doesn’t state that anywhere in the terms and conditions.

At World Sports Betting for instance, you will get a bonus. You bet the bonus and it goes to your normal amount. You just aren’t allowed to withdraw it until you go through the wagering requirements.

I told them that it’s deceitful and even though I am up, they can keep my winnings. I want out. I suddenly only had a couple of days left to make R18 000 worth of bets. So they can give me my R3000 and I’ll leave.

Nope, they said I accepted their terms. Their loosely defined terms that they twisted to suit their needs.

Then to make things worse, my bet on the Hurricanes took most of the day to settle. And then they settled it incorrectly. They gave it as a loss even though the Hurricanes won. I had to contact support again. Once again, I went through the whole piece with the bonus. I saved both chat transcripts.

I had no choice but to quickly bet all my winnings including my bonus.

It’s deceptive. They have that bonus especially to catch new users and not give them all the information on what the bonus entails.

I am contacting the Gambling Board to not only get my deposit back but to get them to force Betolimp to make it clear in their terms and conditions that the wagering must be done within 7 days. So not only must the bonus be used within 7 days, but the complete wagering process.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Gambling Board Procedure

threepeat wrote: Hi Ruan,
I would try Couch Critic for problems resolution.... he seems to get various betting options approved at Betolimp and he will not want a problem with GFTG Forum punters.

Cheers T

Guys I write some previews for them and yes they've been kind enough to allow me to chose some markets which I like (I still have to discuss the limit on the special bets with them but can understand that they are perhaps cautious to start with).

I think it will be difficult taking them on with regard to how they implement their bonus balance rules. All bookies differ on these type of things. I agree the 5 times rule could have been made clearer ito having to be done within 7 days. But as a rule in itself I personally think its fair enough and if used correctly it means you could have weekends worth of free punts withe the possibility of adding R10k to your initial deposit amount in yout account at the end of the week.(Only my personal feeling on the matter).

I am sorry to hear of Ruan's troubles and feel for him. I also want to make it clear that I dont work for or represent any specific bookies so my opinions are my own. Hope you are able to resolve your problems Ruan!

Twitter: @HDiemont
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, kt6747, Stoossy

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #8 by shaft
Replied by shaft on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Gee hulle gas Ruan

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #9 by kompos

Ruan Fourie wrote: That’s where the initial problems appeared. They had special Super Rugby bets and for some reason I was limited on the amount I could bet on them. R44 was the maximum I could bet on Malcom Marx being the first try scorer. Instead of betting R1000 on the Hurricanes to win by 1 to 12 I had to bet R200.

It’s deceptive. They have that bonus especially to catch new users and not give them all the information on what the bonus entails.

I am contacting the Gambling Board to not only get my deposit back but to get them to force Betolimp to make it clear in their terms and conditions that the wagering must be done within 7 days. So not only must the bonus be used within 7 days, but the complete wagering process.

You should highlight this limiting of bets in your complaint. Unless they limit everybody all the time on these markets, it’s a blatant attempt to prevent you from successfully turnover the deposit bonus.
When I first read their T’s & C’s when they came out with this deposit bonus of 3,000, I thought they were simply con artists.
You have to make bets of 18000. If you strike it real lucky and have a bonus balance of say 16,000, YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO GET 10,000. And don’t be surprised if you reach this pinnacle that the 10,000 INCLUDES the 3000 bonus.

Anyway, I cannot see who will bet on rugby handicaps with them, e.g.
Rebels-13.5 78/100 Sunwolves+13.5 88/100 =109.37%
Anybody that takes the 78/100 must have a serious brain impairment – probably thinks it’s a better price than 9/10

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Ruan Fourie
Thank you very much Kompos. I sent the email this morning. Will post here as soon as I get a reply.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #11 by catsmug
Replied by catsmug on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Good luck with your complaint Ruan, over the years on this forum and others, I have highlighted the one-sided nature of how winners are treated. Kosmos is an old accomplice in my whinging, and unfortunately in the main things have not changed.

I am fortunate enough to have a local bookie who will accept my bigger bets at an agreed amount, and where I want larger will try accommodate me if I give enough notice. I will say that the bigger strikes I take are almost exclusively on the horses - here the majority of potential winnings will be higher 10's of 1000's with 50k being a "norm" on my strikes. Typically these will be horses that I have interests in, or horses in a stable where I have horses in and have got the nod to have a bet. Interestingly, I did some homework on my successes with "inside" info and over a 15 year period my strike rate on these good things runs around 20% ie. one in five arrive.Despite some longshots arriving including a memorable 33/1 shot winning by 10 lengths, I am in a nett loss with this guy for a 6 figure amount. My point being that in the long run I can almost guarantee that 99% of punters will be losers because of the odds that bookies bet to. The "house" always wins.

The reason for my long winded intro is to highlight the fact that bookies that restrict all do this after one result goes against them. It seems as if the mindset is that no risk is tolerated and the "traders" are almost exclusively given as the reason for limiting you. You have to love the irony that these muppets want to remove the risk in gambling. It is as if the bookies are members of a secret society and when the "traders" decree a limit, God has spoken. Now for years I have asked that bookies be forced to lay a certain amount to any punter and those amounts should form part of their licence application. As an example, a bookie could be forced to lay 10k of a major sporting event such as a Super Rugby. Minor events or leagues could result in lower limits ie. Albanian soccer gets a 2k limit. Limits illustrated as examples only. The thing is when you losing you can do 100000 over a period and you wont hear a whisper. Back a winner and you limited. It's unfair, I would almost say illegal constitutionally, and utter BS. On one occasion I got limited for having a bet on a horse I owned that got scratched at the start..........

I have often asked Brent to get his sponsors to declare what causes a limiting and to divulge what they are prepared to stand bets for. The silence has been deafening and I can't blame Brent for this. One thing I have to give credit to is GG Gaming. Gary and his crew are a breath of fresh air. They try make things more interesting by being active participants and giving insight into their positions. I will definitely start giving them more of my business.

On a lighter note - Ruan what were you thinking supporting an outfit called betolimp? Limp by name limp by nature it seems!

Have a profitable weekend boys, I am taking a position against one of the sure things given by GG Gaming boys in the Suoer Rugby. Let's see what happens

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by catsmug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, shaft

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #12 by shaft
Replied by shaft on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Love the idea of books being forced to lay a minimum

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #13 by hanrick
Replied by hanrick on topic Gambling Board Procedure

catsmug wrote: Good luck with your complaint Ruan, over the years on this forum and others, I have highlighted the one-sided nature of how winners are treated. Kosmos is an old accomplice in my whinging, and unfortunately in the main things have not changed.

I am fortunate enough to have a local bookie who will accept my bigger bets at an agreed amount, and where I want larger will try accommodate me if I give enough notice. I will say that the bigger strikes I take are almost exclusively on the horses - here the majority of potential winnings will be higher 10's of 1000's with 50k being a "norm" on my strikes. Typically these will be horses that I have interests in, or horses in a stable where I have horses in and have got the nod to have a bet. Interestingly, I did some homework on my successes with "inside" info and over a 15 year period my strike rate on these good things runs around 20% ie. one in five arrive.Despite some longshots arriving including a memorable 33/1 shot winning by 10 lengths, I am in a nett loss with this guy for a 6 figure amount. My point being that in the long run I can almost guarantee that 99% of punters will be losers because of the odds that bookies bet to. The "house" always wins.

The reason for my long winded intro is to highlight the fact that bookies that restrict all do this after one result goes against them. It seems as if the mindset is that no risk is tolerated and the "traders" are almost exclusively given as the reason for limiting you. You have to love the irony that these muppets want to remove the risk in gambling. It is as if the bookies are members of a secret society and when the "traders" decree a limit, God has spoken. Now for years I have asked that bookies be forced to lay a certain amount to any punter and those amounts should form part of their licence application. As an example, a bookie could be forced to lay 10k of a major sporting event such as a Super Rugby. Minor events or leagues could result in lower limits ie. Albanian soccer gets a 2k limit. Limits illustrated as examples only. The thing is when you losing you can do 100000 over a period and you wont hear a whisper. Back a winner and you limited. It's unfair, I would almost say illegal constitutionally, and utter BS. On one occasion I got limited for having a bet on a horse I owned that got scratched at the start..........

I have often asked Brent to get his sponsors to declare what causes a limiting and to divulge what they are prepared to stand bets for. The silence has been deafening and I can't blame Brent for this. One thing I have to give credit to is GG Gaming. Gary and his crew are a breath of fresh air. They try make things more interesting by being active participants and giving insight into their positions. I will definitely start giving them more of my business.

On a lighter note - Ruan what were you thinking supporting an outfit called betolimp? Limp by name limp by nature it seems!

Have a profitable weekend boys, I am taking a position against one of the sure things given by GG Gaming boys in the Suoer Rugby. Let's see what happens

Come on Catsmug, you can't leave us in the dark like that. Who are you taking a stand against?

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #14 by hanrick
On the bookmaker guarantee, I remember a few years ago, Cutsmug, you mentioned on the forum that LM Bookmaker guaranteed you a certain amount to get big bets on. I emailed Lance Michael (LM) and he replied with his cellphone number and asked I call him. Spoke to him and he guaranteed me a I would not be limited with them and I can get bigger bets on. Within 2 months he limited me to R1000. :)

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #15 by RuggaBugga
Replied by RuggaBugga on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Hi Ruan, my suggestion is to lodge an official complaint with the Gambling Board. I have lodged 2 in my life ...
One against G-Bets as they cancelled my "Promo Bonus" although I had won on it, took about 6 months but it was resolved and G-Bets had to pay me back which was great as I had written the money off.

I have another complaint which I lodged in May 2018 that is still ongoing, once it has been settled I will put the details up as I cannot wait to name and shame this cheats!

Lodge it now, get it assigned to an investigator and let the games begin!

Scared money dont make money! BOOM!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #16 by Ruan Fourie
Thanks everyone!

Just to update, I emailed both the gambling board and Lungile Mbunge who was mentioned by kompos. Unfortunately Lungile didn't reply but I did get a reply from the gambling board.

They asked me to get an official reply from Betolimp. So I sent my entire email to Betolimp and asked them to respond. They are sticking to their guns.

Unfortunately since then it's been crazy busy and I haven't emailed that to the gambling board yet. Will hopefully do so this weekend.

Have a good betting weekend everyone!

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #17 by catsmug
Replied by catsmug on topic Gambling Board Procedure
@hanrick unlike some of the lads taking an early flyer on no name brands who were -3 at the time of the Masters comp, I wont now say that I like the Stormers while they ahead. I expect the Rebels to win. I also think that the bounce back / kraal mentality will be seen in the Lions and I expect that to be tight, but I just can't get myself to back a poorly trained albeit talented side. My thoughts are the Reds can run the Bulls close and I'm all over the handicap and have had some interest in the outright markets.

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #18 by Overs_Punter
Replied by Overs_Punter on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Had very similar issues with Betolimp, but didn't take it up with the gambling board as I've heard it's a bit of nightmare!

Also have had similar problems trying to find a bookmaker accepting big bets. Hollywood generally accept biggish bets, however there lack of pre-match rugby markets is a bit of an issue. My experience with GG Gaming has been an absolute pleasure, and I've managed to get on a nice winning streak with them without any getting limited. They more than happy to lay bets in excess of R10k and take the losses on the chin, whereas my experience with WSB and the likes have been extremely unpleasant.

Hope you manage to sort your issue out, Ruan.

More
4 years 11 months ago #19 by Ruan Fourie
I'm giving up with the whole gambling board thing. The national gambling board was quick to reply but told me to get an official response from Betolimp.

So I did that and was told I must contact the Western Cape Gambling Board. Which I've done twice now but I'm just not getting any replies.

My next goal is then to then not just get my money back but end up with more than what I started. The strategy is to limit the amount of bets that I place and only going for my best bets of the week (something that have been going well)

First bet:
R3000 on Bulls - 5.5 vs Waratahs @ 1.84

More
4 years 11 months ago #20 by Ruan Fourie
The first bet is a winner!

This week I will bet on the Bulls game again. This time going for the opposition.

R5520 on Crusaders - 7.5 @ 1.88

More
4 years 11 months ago #21 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Gambling Board Procedure
Nice one!

You should have kept a few cents up your sleeve to each on my weekly Special bets with them Ruan :)

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
4 years 11 months ago #22 by Brazil
Replied by Brazil on topic Gambling Board Procedure
It is sad how the X company which is swimming in tom from numbers and football accras has developed such 'sik' limits on rugger .Obviously not interested in lower profit sports.
Many of the main street shops of bookies have just rows of hypnotized losers watching endless number games,,becoming casinos of electronic control where the ignorant punters have no idea their percentages are very limited.

More
4 years 11 months ago #23 by Ruan Fourie

Couch Critic wrote: Nice one!

You should have kept a few cents up your sleeve to each on my weekly Special bets with them Ruan :)

I thought about it but would rather just keep things simple and go for my best bet of the week. Maybe next week.

More
4 years 11 months ago #24 by Ruan Fourie
I'm glad to say that I only need to bet R3560 more at Betolimp and then I can withdraw all my money! Currently standing at R10377.

So I'm going to leave there with more than what I started, no matter what.

If only they played fair then I would have bet with them for life but now I'm glad that I can take some money from them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 11 months ago #25 by hanrick
Good stuff Ruan! Nail the buggers! All the bookmakers just want the odds horrible skew in their favour or they cry wolf. Hope your next bet is also a winner.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ruan Fourie, threepeat

More
4 years 11 months ago #26 by threepeat
Ruan you are like a Crusader going through a Bulls" defence!

Congrats and well done m8.

Consider Crusaders to threepeat in SupeRugby, paying $1.62 last I looked.

More
4 years 11 months ago #27 by threepeat
Ruan, I am very interested in your best bet this week, as I really want you to get the R10,000.

I have picked Jags + 15.5 and +18.5 lines in the forum in the Canes v Jags. Not recommending it in a winner take all v Betolimp lol. Suggest you make your pick ahead of the Handicap show and then re-evaluate.

I cannot find any expert in this country not picking Crusaders to threepeat in SupeRugby, including the ex All Blacks commentating on the NZ "Breakdown" TV show. Saders will most likely play Canes in the semi final and virtual AB/ Sader pack will starve them of ball ;- )

Cheers T.

More
4 years 11 months ago #28 by Ruan Fourie
Thanks threepeat!

Unfortunately I've had a super busy week so far and haven't even looked at the handicaps yet. Will see if I can find any value tomorrow. Otherwise I'll wait until next week.

I've already got money on the Crusaders to win the competition that I placed earlier in the year so will stay out of that for now. :)

More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #29 by Ruan Fourie
My final bet at Betolimp is:

R3300 on under 55.5 in the Stormers vs Crusaders game @ 1.83.

I had R277.60 on the Lewis Hamilton special which came very close but didn't win in the end.

*edit*

I added another bet:

R800 on under 57.5 Reds vs Waratahs @ 1.83
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ruan Fourie.

More
4 years 11 months ago #30 by Ruan Fourie
And my work here is done.

Turned the initial R3000 into R12 039.

I will be withdrawing R10 000 and leave the rest for future value bets like Hein's specials and when they come out early with some markets and get it wrong. Which is what they mostly did with the bets that I punished them with.

More
4 years 11 months ago #31 by kompos
These wankers have a new trick
When requesting a withdrawal they ask for a "selfie" with you showing your ID - anything to delay payment

A phone call to the Gambling Board and half hour later the money is in the bank - this is even quicker than previous payments

Bookmakers can get away with a lot of shit, but delaying payments - NO

More
4 years 11 months ago #32 by Ruan Fourie
They asked me for a selfie too. Sent it this morning. Hopefully the withdrawal will go through without any problems.

More
4 years 11 months ago #33 by kompos
You don't have to send the selfie - it's bullshit and simply a delay tactic

Just phone Lungile Mbunge at the Gambling Board and complain

More
4 years 11 months ago #34 by Brazil
Replied by Brazil on topic Gambling Board Procedure

Ruan Fourie wrote: My final bet at Betolimp is:

R3300 on under 55.5 in the Stormers vs Crusaders game @ 1.83.

I had R277.60 on the Lewis Hamilton special which came very close but didn't win in the end.

*edit*

I added another bet:

R800 on under 57.5 Reds vs Waratahs @ 1.83

So just a query......they are no longer limiting you on your rugby bets?

More
4 years 11 months ago #35 by Ruan Fourie

Brazil wrote:
So just a query......they are no longer limiting you on your rugby bets?

They were only limiting the special bets.

So handicaps and such you aren't limited on.