Cycling : w/c 22 April

• The Vann
  • The Vann's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 11 months ago #1 by The Vann
Cycling : w/c 22 April was created by The Vann
This week sees the 4th monument of the cycling season on Sunday - Liege-Bastogne-Liege. But the week starts with La Fleche Wallonne on Wednesday.
La Fleche Wallonne
Run over 195km with real climbs. The most famous being the Mur de Huy - 1.3km at 9.6% but has 400m @ 11%, 100m @ 17% and 300m @ 14%. This is climbed (I think) 3 times and the finish is 100m from the top the last time it is climbed. Previous winners - 4 times in a row Valverde until Alaphilippe unseated him last year. Going with
All e/w to 3 places
A Yates @ 11/1
Lutsenko @ 80/1
Martinez @ 400/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The Vann
  • Away
More
4 years 11 months ago #2 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling : w/c 22 April
Liege-Bastogne-Liege
Sunday sees the 4th Monument of the season. The last hilly classic before the Grand Tours. Run over 256 km with 11 sharp climbs mostly in the last 100 km. For eg in the last 30 km we get 2 km at 8.9% and 1.3 km at 11%. For the first time in 27 years we do not finish on top of a climb but have around 6 km downhill and flat. This would bring the likes of Matthews into reckoning should a small group reach the finish. Fuglsang has placed in nearly every hilly one day race he has ridden but he could not beat my dead grand mother in a sprint. Early doors going with
Win Only
Alaphilippe @ 9/2
E/W
Ulissi @ 50/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 11 months ago #3 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic Cycling : w/c 22 April
Alaphilippe a very strong fav Vann, I'm with Matthews, 16/1 now and Mohoric (again) at 100/1. Enjoy the race, great way to spend a Sunday afternoon :beer

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 11 months ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling : w/c 22 April
Great thoughts lads but here is how things will play out

Astana will make the race seriously tough - they have the strongest man but as Vann suggests he isn't going to win from a sprint

He will go early and from the overhead camera we will see Ala struggling to go with him - he gets a gap but 2 riders bridge across - the bright pink of Woods and the white of Kwia's national champions jersey

The 3 work together as Quick Step try to chase but to no avail.

Kwia wins from Woods and Fugslang

Win bets (bigger match bets to follow)

Kwia win at 16/1 Sporting
Woods at 36/1 Betx

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
4 years 11 months ago #5 by Brent Graham
1st match bet - Fugslang/Ala at 17/10 Sunbet - read post above for how race will pan out price tempts me

My biggest bet of the day is Kwia/Valverde at 15/20 Sportingbet - Valverde doesn't look himself of late and Kwia has looked in good form

I am also going Kwia/Valv Woods/D Martin (also not at best) at just shy of 15/10 Sunbet (Sporting bigger prices but no doubles allowed(

More
4 years 11 months ago #6 by Couch Critic
Replied by Couch Critic on topic Cycling : w/c 22 April
It's all about Mad Max for the win for me today!!

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
4 years 11 months ago #7 by Brent Graham
It certainly helps when 2 of the guys you are opposing in the Match Play abandon

All match bets arrive and Woods gave me a run at least - profitable end to the Classics - really enjoyed them although this one not as much as some of the others, perhaps it was the weather that made it less exciting although still good

• The Vann
  • Away
More
4 years 11 months ago #8 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling : w/c 22 April
Nice plays Brent. I unfortunately lost virtually a full Grand Tour budget on the race. Made myself a little spread on Ala P. Went big on the win and covered 80% with a 50% larger stake on a finish outside the top three. Apparently placed the cover the wrong way and lost a bundle.