International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2

More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
RWC fever is certainly building and we have another action packed weekend of rugby ahead of us.

New Zealand look to avenge their defeat to Australia in the Bledisloe Cup and bookmakers are expecting a bounce back with -14.5 the opening line
The Boks host Argentina and team selection will be key here. I would imagine the Boks will start around -13.5 though

Watch the forum for Mitre10 Cup tips, there was some real quality last week and here are my Currie Cup handicap projections - the final at the "Big Hole" is still on

Griquas +6.5 v WP
Pumas +12.5 v Free State
Lions -4.5 v Sharks

Here is the handicap projection video

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by threepeat
Mitre 10 Early Bet with 3P

Another great punting weekend downunder. Lead by the 3P Best Bet, the Double Max on Tasman v Wellington. This bet bolted home and never looked like losing 45 -8!

I also suffered a loss on the AB game but not much as the risk v reward was too high.

Fantasic win to Boks. Now picking AB V SA in RWC final @$5.50. There is more info on the RWC thread.

This weeks 3P Best Mitre 10 Cup bet is Hawkes Bay v Wellington HTH. Hawkes Bay to win @ $2.70!!!
(confidence 75% of Max)

World Cup fever has gripped NZ same as SA. Do not even care we got thrashed by Aussie or that red card rules need to be changed, so that a new player can come on after 10 minutes for offences similar to that of Scooter Barrett.

Great to have so many SA punters in on the Mitre 10 in a RWC year. Hawkes Bay had a convincing win 31- 13 last week v Manawatu away. Very well Captained by under rated Maori All Black, Highlander and Panasonic Knight Ash Dixon.

For those of you new to Mitre 10 betting the bookies have got this one wrong. Probably because Wellington is a first tier Premiership Team in the Mitre 10 and Hawkes Bay is a second tier or Championship Team, and also because Wellington is home of the Hurricanes.

Obviously the Bookies forgot to watch the Tasman game on the weekend. Get in early, will not stay @ $2.70.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brent Graham

More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by BookieDave
Sheesh.. Sportsbet/nztab have had a couple of snickers this week...stay tuned! ... I neee to get my bets on 1st haha

More
4 years 7 months ago #4 by mackem
Use It Or Lose It, Monday 12th August Live @21:00

Brent Graham chats to @JudgeRugby, @ThalaMsutu77 and @HDiemont about week 3 of the Rugby Championship and some of the selection dilemmas facing coaches ahead of Rugby World Cup 2019.

If you wish to comment on the show whilst it is live please use this link to our Youtube channel

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 7 months ago #5 by BookieDave
Lol snickers... damn auto correct. SHOCKERS , not snickers haha

More
4 years 7 months ago #6 by bradie82
Mitre Cup week 2 caps

Northland +10.5 vs Auckland
North Harbour -8.5 vs CM
Hawkes Bay +5.5 vs Wellington
Manawatu +10.5 vs Taranaki
Otago -16.5 vs Southland
Canterbury -1.5 vs Tasman
BoP +3.5 vs Waikato
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
4 years 7 months ago #7 by mackem
Of the 8 bookies I just checked Sunbet and WSB were out with Currie Cup outright winner market, some big difference in how they price up Western Province as Sunbet have WP as 11/10 favs .

Best book correct as of 11:00 on Monday 12th August

Cheetahs 3/1 Sunbet
Western Province 3/1 WSB
Golden Lions 4/1 Sunbet
Griquas 6/1 Sunbet
Sharks 10/1 WSB, Sunbet
Blue Bulls 33/1 Sunbet

More
4 years 7 months ago #8 by BookieDave
So, I don't usually like getting involved before teams...however every year on the Mitre10 my hand is force due to OTHER bookies have zero clue :P

Apologies for poor grammar and spelling :P

MY EARLY LINES....

Northland +5.55 v Auckland
-Like the +10.5 here, Auckland were pretty average v Harbour..Northland and Auckland seem pretty similar to how they were last year, yet last year the same game was capped @ +7.0...After opening +9.5, it came into +5.5 and settled @ 7.

Harbour -8.37 v Counties
-No real opinion here, both sides tough to get a read after 1st week. Counties will miss SBW, he was really good v the Naki.

Hawkes Bay +4.56 v Wellington
-Depends on the weather, if its raining then this game should be pick. Dry, and it should be 5 or 6. Wellingtons strength is in their backline...they didn't see the pill v Tasman as it was pissing down and Tasman are a heap better side...If its dry, I expect them to make up for last week. Hawkes bays result shows me how shit Manawatu are this year.

Manawau +7.44 v Taranaki
-Although the market is bigger, I don't trust either team...will probably get sucked into another under that will go over before HT.

Otago -22.01 v Southland (Line will probably get bigger)
-I have ZERO idea why this line is so small (-16.5), the last 2 seasons away from home southlands line average +27.75...This is a much better southland side this year for sure, but not that much difference. Add the fact that its a Ranfuly Shield challenge, and a local derby...then this line is too low. BONUS FACT!!.....Josh Ioane will surly be back for this one, as well as Jona Nareki who was a late out last week....Potentially Laim Coltman might get some game time also...Even if you disagree...this line will start at least -20.5, so back the -16.5 now, +20.5 and cheer the gap ;)

Canterbury +3.04 v Tasman
-I can see why Canterbury are slight faves, they are Canterbury. But Tasman are by far a better side, half of them are in the Crusaders set up anyway ,so its not quite an away game....I like Tasman, havnt backed them yet as im too inlove with my other plays.

BOP -6.60 v Waikato
- I nearly fainted when I saw this line, yes Waikato were good last week (Helped by that flog Welsh ref), but I think the result was more due to Canterbury being a bit off...Waikato still have a heap of kids playing for them and while they were good, I cant see them repeating it this week. But this line is more around the BOP, they were sensational on Sunday, did nothing wrong and put on 50+ points in pretty shit conditions. They have a perfect mix of young and old, as well as hard workers mixed with flashy players (Titatia)....this line will start close to pick, maybe even BOP faves.

Here are my outright prices...
PREM
Tasman $2.40
Canterbury $8.04
Auckland $6.18
Harbour $9.90
Wellington $10.51
Waikato $41.16
Counties $526.37

CHAMPS
Taranaki $2.36
BOP $3.77
Otago $7.78
Hawkes Bay $10.34
Northland $16.59
Manawatu $38.76
Southalnd $9999 (A simulation of 10000 seasons and they didnt win once! haha)

So..BETS!
Northland +10.5 Medium play
Otago -16.5 - HUGE play
BOP +3.5 - 2 x HUGE PLAY haha

Chuck them in a trixie and then do a straigh double Otago in to BOP ;)

Also, you can get $15 Harbour to win which is a little bit of value...

Good luck!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, Brad Breath, labrador, bradie82

More
4 years 7 months ago #9 by ThoughtsOnSports
Replied by ThoughtsOnSports on topic International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2
Loading up on Argies +20.5 vs Boks. Boks set to rest all first choice players making this handicap far too big.

Christmas came early.

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, threepeat

More
4 years 7 months ago #10 by mackem
Updated Currie Cup outright best book

Western Province 18/10 WSB
Cheetahs 33/10 Hollywood
Golden Lions 4/1 Sunbet
Griquas 7/1 Hollywood
Sharks 15/1 BetXchange
Blue Bulls 33/1 Sunbet, Hollywood

More
4 years 7 months ago #11 by RuggaBugga

ThoughtsOnSports wrote: Loading up on Argies +20.5 vs Boks. Boks set to rest all first choice players making this handicap far too big.

Christmas came early.

BetX have Argies +21.5 :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Scared money dont make money! BOOM!
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann, threepeat

More
4 years 7 months ago #12 by bradie82
Here is the Argentinian squad for the game against Springboks – quite few players missing : Sanchez, Orlando, Moroni, Cubelli, Leguizamon, Herrera

Matias Alemanno, Gonzalo Bertranou, Emiliano Boffelli, Sebastian Cancelliere, Santiago Carreras, Santiago Cordero, Agustin Creevy, Joaquin Diaz Bonilla, Jeronimo de la Fuente, Bautista Delguy, Felipe Ezcurra, Juan Figallo, Facundo Isa, Marcos Kremer, Tomas Lavanini, Tomas Lezana, Pablo Matera, Santiago Medrano, Lucas Mensa, Julian Montoya, Ramiro Moyano, Javier Ortega Desio, Guido Petti, Enrique Perietto, Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Joaquin Tuculet, Benjamin Urdapilleta, Mayco Vivas

On the other side Erasmus called five new players : WP Scarra Ntubeni and team-mates Wilco Louw, Kolisi and Dillyn Leyds and Blue Bulls Marco van Staden.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath, threepeat

More
4 years 7 months ago #13 by threepeat
First Mitre 10 Cup Game of Round 2. Rugby Gambling on a Thursday night! Great in a RWC year.

Northland (Taniwha) v Auckland

Weather in Whangerai is fine which will suit far superior backline of Auckland.
As defending champions they will be looking for a strong bounce back after last weeks draw.
Team is similar to last week.

Auckland team to play Northland:

Alex Hodgman (Suburbs, 1 cap(s)
Leni Apisai (Loaned, 1)
Marcel Renata (University, 33)
Jamie Lane (Ponsonby, 6)
Jack Whetton (Grammar TEC, 28)
Waimana Riedlinger-Kapa (Ponsonby, 4)
Blake Gibson – Co-C (Ponsonby, 26)
Hoskins Sotutu (Marist, 11)
Jonathan Ruru (University, 12)
Harry Plummer (Grammar TEC, 16)
Caleb Clarke (Suburbs, 11)
TJ Faiane – Co-C (Pakuranga, 29)
Tanielu Tele’a (Marist, 5)
AJ Lam (Grammar TEC, 1)
Salesi Rayasi (Marist, 12)

Michael Lea (Marist, debut)
Ezekiel Lindenmuth (Suburbs, 6)
Marco Fepulea’i (Ponsonby, 12)
Peter-Chanel Tagaloa (Marist, debut)
Dalton Papalii (Pakuranga, 13)
Danny Tusitala (Ponsonby, 1)
D’Angelo Leuila (Papatoetoe, 1)
Kurt Heatherley (Loaned, debut)
(Northland Team also available online, not many Super players in their team)

For defending champions they are missing a lot of players from last season, just look at the lack of caps. Notably, AB Dalton Papalii is on the bench and he makes a big difference. Placing faith in the highly successful coaching team of Head Coach Alama Ieremia, with support of Sir Graham Henry.

Betting 4 out of 10, Auckland to beat the line, which has been steady at -10.5 tab nz all week.

Some suggestion from BookieDave that a better line can be found, but not here in NZ and I appear to be contrary to his medium play. Dave has been giving good advice in this competition but you cannot agree on everything. Dave's Otago -16.5 is worth banking on. Cheers3P

More
4 years 7 months ago #14 by threepeat

RuggaBugga wrote:

ThoughtsOnSports wrote: Loading up on Argies +20.5 vs Boks. Boks set to rest all first choice players making this handicap far too big.

Christmas came early.

tab nz line moved today from Argie +21.5 to +20,5
Have followed Thought & Rugger deep into this.
Imagine how much you would have put on prior to the Salta game!
Get on now before Bok team is announced, as it will be a hybrid BOK A/B Team, and line will drop down.
Pumas are same as Jags and have been rotating all year and will be less affected by changes.
Lets not forget that Boks play Japan b4 world cup and will start the A Team for that game.
Question is how many changes for Loftus? I am betting on plenty.

More
4 years 7 months ago #15 by hanrick

threepeat wrote:

RuggaBugga wrote:

Christmas came early.

Get on now before Bok team is announced, as it will be a hybrid BOK A/B Team, and line will drop down.
Pumas are same as Jags and have been rotating all year and will be less affected by changes.
Lets not forget that Boks play Japan b4 world cup and will start the A Team for that game.

From what I have heard, the whole starting XV will be different.

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 7 months ago #16 by threepeat

hanrick wrote:

threepeat wrote:

RuggaBugga wrote:

Christmas came early.

From what I have heard, the whole starting XV will be different.

Comprehensive article can be found on RugbyPass.

More
4 years 7 months ago #17 by mackem
Early Currie Cup caps

WSB
Griquas +7.5 WP
Pumas +13.5 Free State
Lions -4.5 Sharks

Sunbet
Griquas +9.5
Pumas +11.5
Lions -4.5

More
4 years 7 months ago #18 by bradie82
The Griquas +8.5 (in European bookie) seems quite interesting with the number of WP players involved in the SA vs Arg game but have not seen any Griquas game this season

More
4 years 7 months ago #19 by bradie82
Argentina +21 @ 1.91 (William Hill)

More
4 years 7 months ago #20 by southpaw
On face value the +21 seems massive, but I’m battling to trust Argentina at the moment. I think they will be back to their best when more motivated in Japan, but they seem to be a little unfocused at the moment, and trip to SA for 1 game isn’t entirely motivating in itself.

They don’t appear to have anywhere near the same level of competition for World Cup places compared to Boks. The guys turning out for Rassie this weekend will be trying to book a spot in RWC squad, and scores can come fast at Loftus.

Overs on points will be my focus once quotes come out. Weather forecast looks superb.

More
4 years 7 months ago #21 by BookieDave
Nice 3P, if we all agreed how boring would it be!!

Was hoping Northland might get Tom Robbo back... no idea how long he is out for..
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 7 months ago #22 by threepeat

BookieDave wrote: Nice 3P, if we all agreed how boring would it be!!

Was hoping Northland might get Tom Robbo back... no idea how long he is out for..

Also a Clifford the big red dog fan!

Source NZ Herald June 2019 "Blues loose forward Tom Robinson, a standout in his first season of Super Rugby, has suffered another knee injury which requires surgery and could set him back for six months.

The Herald understands Robinson suffered a torn meniscus in training and is scheduled to go under the knife today. The only positive for the 24-year-old blindside flanker is that it isn't an anterior cruciate ligament injury"..

More
4 years 7 months ago #23 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2
Does anyone know if Tiaan Schoeman is coming back for Cheetahs or is he still injured?

More
4 years 7 months ago #24 by mackem

bradie82 wrote: The Griquas +8.5 (in European bookie) seems quite interesting with the number of WP players involved in the SA vs Arg game but have not seen any Griquas game this season

I think so to Bradie, my Currie Cup form not great this season so that might not be a good thing but going 3 of 5 units Griquas +9 points 9/10 Sportingbet (tie in play)

Griquas v WP preview here

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/gri...betting-preview.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: bradie82

More
4 years 7 months ago #25 by bradie82
Following my first instinct

Griquas +9.5 @1.87

For tomorrow, I quite like the Northland over 21.5 pts

More
4 years 7 months ago #26 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2

Christmas came early.

Followed on this, cap now +17 / +18 at most European books.

I was a bit surprised at the strength of the Pumas squad, thought they'd rest fair few more. They look a bit tired to me.

More
4 years 7 months ago #27 by threepeat
Adding a nibble of Auckland 14.5+ total first half points for tonights game,

More
4 years 7 months ago #28 by Kirky
And not a single 'peep' about the Bledisloe :-) :-)

More
4 years 7 months ago #29 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2
Here is the Bledisloe Preview :silly:

Reckon Aussies beat the cap

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
4 years 7 months ago #30 by hanrick
Looking at the line movement it looks like there is a lot of support for Northland. They didn't impress me against Southland. I like Auckland here and have managed to get -8.5 at 9/10

More
4 years 7 months ago #31 by Brad Breath
Replied by Brad Breath on topic International Rugby, Currie Cup wk 6, Mitre10 wk 2

hanrick wrote: Looking at the line movement it looks like there is a lot of support for Northland. They didn't impress me against Southland. I like Auckland here and have managed to get -8.5 at 9/10

Agreed Hanrick, best I could get was -9.5

Small stakes as last weekend I got roasted :(

More
4 years 7 months ago #32 by mackem
The Handicap: Rugby Betting Preview 16-18 August, Live on Thursday night at 21:00

If you wish to comment on the show whilst it is live please use this link to our Youtube channel

More
4 years 7 months ago #33 by hanrick
I was cursing when I heard that Plummer pulled out late, but this 10 (whose surname I can't spell) who came in for him has been brilliant

The following user(s) said Thank You: Thrasher6

More
4 years 7 months ago #34 by slaterj
Cannot see how in any context New Zealand can be backed with confidence at the moment on a minus handicap. As good as they obviously are and with the star names that they have they have been well under their best for the past 12 months or so..

Saying this they will probably tear a new one off of the Aussies in Auckland at the weekend however how can anybody back them simply expecting for them to beat a handicap? The stats don't lie they have been terrible at covering for a good while now.

More
4 years 7 months ago #35 by BookieDave
Great call 3P! Northland stunk tonight... thank god I didn’t see that Harry Plummer AND Blake Gibson pulled out late!! I would have unloaded on the plus!!

More
4 years 7 months ago #36 by mackem
Currie Cup, Pumas v Cheetahs preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/pum...betting-preview.html

Initally I was thinking the minus but Pumas still have chance to avoid the promo / relegation play off which has me sat of the fence as far as the cap is concerned.

Will go 2 units on 2nd half to be highest scoring half at 5/6 with WSB

More
4 years 7 months ago #37 by landrews77
I really think the AB's have underestimate the Wallabies last week. Hansen expect 200% from his team this week. The Wallabies is not a good team . It is the same team that was demolished by a second string Boks team a couple of weeks ago and HOW? The Boks had out muscle them upfront to supplied good ball to the backs.
The AB's has selected a exited back three. They will not kick that much this week.It will be the wallabies who gonna kick ball away ,always under pressure. Another factor that always play apart with the AB's was their emotions.Every time when the AB's are emotional , they payed badly, like the crusaders. Last week was the same. The death of a Legend. This week ,they are angry, I have expected them 2 weeks ago to win with 19 points, they did not.Also against the Argies , they did not. It will happen this week. GOLDEN AB -18,5

More
4 years 7 months ago #38 by landrews77
Previous All blacks stats:
2008 : 34 -19 Sydney (Aus win)
39-10 Eden Park (AB win
2011: 25-20 Brisbane /Aus win
20- 6 Eden Park / AB win
2014 : 12 - 12 Sydny / dràw
51 -20 Eden park /AB win
2015: 27 -19 Sydny /Aus win
42- 23 Eden park /AB win
2019: 47-26 Perth /Aus win
Eden park -/same margin or more
Very confident the AB will beat the handicap

More
4 years 7 months ago #39 by southpaw
Wales: 15 Liam Williams, 14 George North, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Josh Adams, 10 Dan Biggar, 9 Gareth Davies; 1 Nicky Smith, 2 Ken Owens, 3 Tomas Francis, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Alun Wyn Jones (c), 6 Aaron Wainwright, 7 James Davies, 8 Ross Moriarty

Replacements: 16 Elliot Dee, 17 Wyn Jones, 18 Dillon Lewis, 19 Aaron Shingler, 20 Josh Navidi, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Jarrod Evans, 23 Owen Watkin

England: 15 Elliot Daly, 14 Ruaridh McConnochie, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Piers Francis, 11 Joe Cokanasiga, 10 George Ford (c), 9 Willi Heinz; 1 Ellis Genge, 2 Luke Cowan-Dickie, 3 Dan Cole, 4 Joe Launchbury, 5 Maro Itoje, 6 Courtney Lawes, 7 Lewis Ludlam, 8 Billy Vunipola

Replacements: 16 Jamie George, 17 Joe Marler, 18 Kyle Sinckler, 19 George Kruis, 20 Jack Singleton, 21 Ben Youngs, 22 Owen Farrell, 23 Manu Tuilagi

This is a better England 23 than last week and a weaker 23 for Wales who've lost a few to injury. Itoje back for Eng = big plus, their pack looks extremely solid.

ENG +2.5 @ 17/20 with Sunbet all day long.

More
4 years 7 months ago #40 by threepeat
Couch we need you to take a seat at the Mitre 10 table, even if it only relates to your specialty try calls, Please watch Ash Dixon, Hawkes Bay tonight (tomorrow for you).
Ash is the Folau Fainga’a of Mitre Ten. Paying 17-1 for the first try tonight! The beauty is, he is the Captain and calls the plays!

More
4 years 7 months ago #41 by sunnyskies

landrews77 wrote: I really think the AB's have underestimate the Wallabies last week. Hansen expect 200% from his team this week. The Wallabies is not a good team . It is the same team that was demolished by a second string Boks team a couple of weeks ago and HOW? The Boks had out muscle them upfront to supplied good ball to the backs.
The AB's has selected a exited back three. They will not kick that much this week.It will be the wallabies who gonna kick ball away ,always under pressure. Another factor that always play apart with the AB's was their emotions.Every time when the AB's are emotional , they payed badly, like the crusaders. Last week was the same. The death of a Legend. This week ,they are angry, I have expected them 2 weeks ago to win with 19 points, they did not.Also against the Argies , they did not. It will happen this week. GOLDEN AB -18,5

The weather forecast could play a big impact in this. It is not looking good at this stage.

More
4 years 7 months ago #42 by mackem
Preview of Sunday's Lions v Sharks game

goodforthegame.co.za/Currie-Cup-2019/gol...betting-preview.html

2 units, either side to win by 7 points or less including the draw at 14/10 with Sunbet

More
4 years 7 months ago #43 by hanrick
I'm surprised Harbour aren't bigger favourites here. Really like them on the minus. I'm on -8.5 at 10/11

More
4 years 7 months ago #44 by hanrick

hanrick wrote: I'm surprised Harbour aren't bigger favourites here. Really like them on the minus. I'm on -8.5 at 10/11

Really bad read from me. 30 mins in and minus long gone

• Wies Bang
4 years 7 months ago #45 by Wies Bang
Harbour to win at the break , @11/10

More
4 years 7 months ago #46 by bradie82
Small bet on under 9.5 tries @ 1.80
I saw few games with a high scoring in first half with only few points in second half so i ll give it a go

On the next game, on betfair exchange, took Dixon anytime tryscorer @ 3.75

More
4 years 7 months ago #47 by Tarka
Australia +14.5 onto Tuyaca race 2 at Fairview = 28to10 at WSB.

More
4 years 7 months ago #48 by bradie82
Small play on HB over 23.5 @ 1.81

More
4 years 7 months ago #49 by mackem
Couch Critic's preview and picks for NZ v Aus, Boks v Arg and Wales v England

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...day-17th-august.html

More
4 years 7 months ago #50 by bradie82

bradie82 wrote: Following my first instinct

Griquas +9.5 @1.87

Adding Griquas over 24.5 @ 1.86
I find the cut low so giving it a go