NFL Outrights + Week 1

More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by MrMeeseeks86
NFL Outrights + Week 1 was created by MrMeeseeks86
Regular season is finally here! I'm definitely not one for season long bets and having money tied up that long. I feel like for me to take a bite it has to at least be 8.00 at minimum. That said here are the few I will be taking:

Most Kicking Points: Ka'imi Fairburn at 17.00 - From the Texans. He had the most points last year. 2nd most was Justin Tucker from the Ravens who is currently at 10.00. Greg Zuerlein is favourite at 9.00 even though he had 11th most points last regular season, which I believe is due to Rams' high power offense and that they tend to go for it quite often on 4th down. I think you want a kicker from a more average team since they'll hopefully be forced to kick field goals more often and still good enough to rack up some extra points. At this price it seems a decent runner.

Superbowl Finalists: Chiefs/Saints at 26.00 - This comes down to educated guessing. It's most likely a between 4 combinations. Chiefs/Saints at 26.00; Chiefs/Rams at 26.00; Patriots/Saints at 21.00 or Patriots/Rams at 21.00 - Most likely Chiefs/Patriots in the AFC so bit of a coinflip but the NFC is more murky. Saints were unlucky last year so it seems like a good punt to have them there.

Last team to be undefeated: Patriots at 8.50 - It's seemingly rare for a team to go say 6-0 but looking at the schedule I think Patriots could pull it off with the toughest of the first 6 games most likely against Steelers in week 1 and Giants in Week 6 but both are at home so think it could certainly be possible.

To win the Superbowl: Saints at 10.00 - Just my hunch for the season.

That's about it as far as outrights. A few smaller ones that I probably would have taken if it weren't so short. Especially the markets that pit teams or players against each other looks very tempting but not going to commit to anything for that long at that short a price.

Will probably look at Week 1 and post something tomorrow. Tough to not get too involved with all the excitement but might be good to just sit back and see how the first week plays out to be honest. Probably won't be able to resist though lol.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, kt6747, Naidoo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1
Many thanks for starting the thread and your thoughts MrMee, much appreciated and all the best for the season.

Also grateful to the guys at BetXChange for this outright preview.

goodforthegame.co.za/BetXchange-Blog/nfl...betting-preview.html

All tips for the NFL are most welcome here.

twitter: @goodforthegame
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86, Naidoo

More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by Experienced Novice
Replied by Experienced Novice on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1
Never a massive NFL fan, until I had the opportunity to attend a Colts game at the Lucas Oil stadium last year, and a keen follower since.

Opening weekend plays without an elaboration:

1. Bears vs Packers: Packers +3.5 (0.8)
2. Eagles vs Redskins: Total Points under 44.5 (0.9)
3. Chargers vs Colts: Chargers -6.5 (Had this handicap in mind long before season kickoff, and with Andrew Lucks surprising retirement, think the Colts may take a while to find their rhythm with a new QB).
4. Browns vs Titans: Browns -5.5 (0.8) A big season for the Browns! Baker Mayfield!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, MrMeeseeks86, Naidoo

More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by catsmug
Replied by catsmug on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1
Is this shown on DSTV?

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too

More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by MrMeeseeks86
Replied by MrMeeseeks86 on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1

catsmug wrote: Is this shown on DSTV?

Unfortunately not. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share a link but it is pretty easy to find online.

More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by MrMeeseeks86
On a side note, didn't want to start a thread for this, would anybody be keen to give fantasy league a go?

More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1
Packers ML @ 15/10 early tomorrow morning. Early in the season so small stakes but a fit again Aaron Rodgers gives Green Bay the upset win here.

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, MrMeeseeks86

More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by MrMeeseeks86

Naidoo wrote: Packers ML @ 15/10 early tomorrow morning. Early in the season so small stakes but a fit again Aaron Rodgers gives Green Bay the upset win here.

Good call bud! Think it could go either way but it's a decent price for a flip, will also be taking a small-ish bet on the Packers. Rodgers will definitely be the difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Naidoo

More
4 years 6 months ago #9 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1

MrMeeseeks86 wrote: On a side note, didn't want to start a thread for this, would anybody be keen to give fantasy league a go?

Definitely would be interested.

More
4 years 6 months ago #10 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic NFL Outrights + Week 1

Naidoo wrote: Packers ML @ 15/10 early tomorrow morning. Early in the season so small stakes but a fit again Aaron Rodgers gives Green Bay the upset win here.

Perfect way to start the season :beer

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747, MrMeeseeks86

More
4 years 6 months ago #11 by MrMeeseeks86

kt6747 wrote:

MrMeeseeks86 wrote: On a side note, didn't want to start a thread for this, would anybody be keen to give fantasy league a go?

Definitely would be interested.

It's a 4 player minimum, so if you know of two other people lol. Joined 2 random leagues yesterday but if we get to 4, I'd be keen to create a league

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #12 by MrMeeseeks86
Okay, so couldn't stay out if it completely and have managed to limit myself to 6 bets:

Ravens win and under 40.5 total points at 2.55

Dolphins under 16.5 points at 1.91 - Ravens defense is insane.

Seahawks win and under 44.5 total points at 2.35 - Slight rain expected and a good defensive unit from the Hawks.

Seahawks first half win and under 23.5 total points at 2.23

Cardinals/Lions Total Points under 46 total points at 1.91 - 2 not so great QB's and good enough defense.

Patriots -6 - Got on this one a bit late, was 5.5 at some point. Pats have a great record at this stadium against Steelers. Probably my least confident bet out of all these so fair warning.

Good luck all!
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by MrMeeseeks86.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Naidoo