Rugby World Cup - Pool matches 08 -13 October, Pro 14 + other

• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
Time to start a new thread lads - well done to those who had a good week. Been a frustrating tournament for me so far, have not been able to watch much and having fancied a low scoring tournament I feel as though I should have been cleaning up but am in fact behind.

Boks v Canada 1st up on Tuesday and the handicap is in to 53.5 from 58.5 after team announcement

Some useful links

If you are new to the forum or have been reading and want to contribute you can create an account CLICK HERE - if your account is not verified (we get alot of spam) please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to sort it out for you

Weekly Betting Mailer

We send out a weekly betting mail - it includes our best bets and links to previews and videos and is free - Click Here to sign up in a few seconds

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrMeeseeks86

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by MrMeeseeks86
Thanks Brent!

Took Boks -53.5 at 2.00 - Rate Canada as the worst team in the tourney and sometimes our 2nd and 3rd players have more to prove so I could see it getting ugly for the Canucks.

Also giving a small go at Sbu first try at 5.50

More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by threepeat
Relevant comment bought forward from prior thread:

Betting Max Canada +57.5 v SA @ $1.90 tab nz
Smaller bets down to +52.5 Canada.

SA B Team named (13 changes from Italy game) Cheers 3P

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by Brent Graham
My thoughts on the handicap in the Boks v Canada Preview - my current form is poor so not getting involved but will have an interest in Nkosi scoring 2 tries or more.

More
4 years 6 months ago #5 by CLrugby
Am I the only one not to pay too much attention at the WC and focus at the other leagues that are not such in spotlight?
2 early bets caught my attention in Mitre, HB +13.5 (Tasman will probably rest a lot of players and if BOP wins against Southland HB may need a win here) and Turbos +2.5 against Counties (if Auckland wins against Taranaki the Turbos will have a PO shot, even without that they will try to finish at home on a + against a Counties team on vacations for weeks already

@Chris_Lacharge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
4 years 6 months ago #6 by Kirky

CLrugby wrote: Am I the only one not to pay too much attention at the WC and focus at the other leagues that are not such in spotlight?
2 early bets caught my attention in Mitre, HB +13.5 (Tasman will probably rest a lot of players and if BOP wins against Southland HB may need a win here) and Turbos +2.5 against Counties (if Auckland wins against Taranaki the Turbos will have a PO shot, even without that they will try to finish at home on a + against a Counties team on vacations for weeks already

Thanks CL.
I've been playing Mitre 10, but my luck has been poor.
Last week I went big on the Magpies minus, which came home. Then I screwed it up by going all-in on Wellington minus which blew out, which eliminated me from a few others that I'd have chased - and won with :(

This week I'm heavy in the Steamers -22.5 with a similar strategy to go into something else...
But, you've just raised the spectre of the playoffs which I haven't considered, like Tasman resting players - so big thanks for the tip, I'll definitely heed your advice.
Do you know where Laumape (Turbos) is ?

Cheers, Mike. :beer :)

More
4 years 6 months ago #7 by ThoughtsOnSports
Really like HB + vs Tasman this week. Also the Manawatu outright at 13/10 is golden.

WC punts for me:
Scotland -33.5 vs Russia
England -8.5 vs France
ABs -40.5 vs Italy.

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports

More
4 years 6 months ago #8 by CLrugby

ThoughtsOnSports wrote: Really like HB + vs Tasman this week. Also the Manawatu outright at 13/10 is golden.

WC punts for me:
Scotland -33.5 vs Russia
England -8.5 vs France
ABs -40.5 vs Italy.

Same here I am loading big on HB +13.5 and Turbos ML (2.20 here!). Then I will counter bet later if needed but these 2 bets have to be locked fresh on Monday. The semis are next week so I can’t imagine Tasman filling their best XV on a match that has no interest for them. If BOP wins in Southland then HB will need a win to top the group and host a potential finale. If Auckland wins on Taranaki (60% imo) then Turbos can go to PO, if not they will want to finish on a high against Counties that are already on vacations. These are speculative bets but needs to be locked early imo. GL

@Chris_Lacharge

More
4 years 6 months ago #9 by threepeat

Kirky wrote:

CLrugby wrote: Am I the only one not to pay too much attention at the WC and focus at the other leagues that are not such in spotlight?

Thanks CL.
Last week I went big on the Magpies minus, which came home. Then I screwed it up by going all-in on Wellington minus which blew out, which eliminated me from a few others that I'd have chased - and won with :(

This week I'm heavy in the Steamers -22.5 with a similar strategy to go into something else...
But, you've just raised the spectre of the playoffs which I haven't considered, like Tasman resting players - so big thanks for the tip, I'll definitely heed your advice.

Hi Kirky, Seriously involved in RWC, and stopped posting on Mitre Ten due to loss of Hanrick & Dave the Bookie disappearing.
But still punting and still winning!
HB +13.5 is madness, and I am here to save you. Tasman is T1 v T2 in RWC terms. Will piss on the T2 Bay, Tasman is stacked with full time professionals, mainly Crusaders. Cheers 3P

More
4 years 6 months ago #10 by mackem
Couch's preview and plays for Boks v Canada

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...betting-preview.html

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
4 years 6 months ago #11 by Rogerollo
I was impressed with the Tonga team against France,seem to have got rolling now.They have also a lesser points difference against the top tier teams in their group than the USA have.
USA play Argentina and then have that short break till Tonga next Sunday.,
Like Tonga -4,5 there.

More
4 years 6 months ago #12 by Pierrebal
Up and down weekend for me, cleaned up in the 2nd half with New Zealand, gave lots back with the French, Samoa plus sneaked in, Australia not showing up, ended with a slight profit.

My main bets for this round:
South Africa v Canada
I'm all over South Africa here - Although Rassie made a lot of changes, the majority of this team knows its their last crack to play a role in the knock-outs, either from the bench or perhaps starting. South Africa doesn't play again until 20 October so I expect them to empty the tank and put up a big performance. On the either side, Canada has Namibia left with four days between the games. Undoubtedly, that is the game they target and I can't see them putting up much of a fight, only thing that could hold South Africa back is the humidity, but it goes both ways.

South Africa over 8.5 tries 8/10 - Points are set on 56.5, meaning they would need to score 9 tries and kick 6 conversions.

Argentina v USA
Arguably the biggest disappointment this tournament, Argentina have picked a proper "B" side and I think they have one foot on the plane home already. USA hasn't been pushovers. Although the USA still has to play Tonga their team looks decent enough and I'll think they will give this disjointed Argentina team a good run on Wednesday.

USA +23.5 9/10 - I took this line on Sunday and see it is down to +21 / +20 in places. Still worth it I reckon.

Namibia v Canada
I really cannot wait for this match and think Namibia can push Canada and get their first ever win. Namibia has completely outscored Canada so far, with the weeks rest and the confidence they have I'm really backing them to pull through here. I took these bets halftime during the NZ game and it looks good value so far.

Namibia to win 22/10 - Current price 15/10
Namibia +5.5 - Current price +3.5

I do think Namibia will see more money until Sunday and especially after South Africa puts away Canada.

Other interests

Scotland v Russia - I had this game for the minus but Scotland made so many changes to their team I'm not quite sure. Scotland only need a BP Win and I'll be looking to Scotland tries / or points when the line comes out. Staying away from the minus as the Russians will run everything again.

Wales v Uruguay - Should Wales come through Fiji as expected, they should rotate heavily again. Uruguay has kept everyone smiling and I think in their last hit out they will give everything. I have taken some of the +46 on offer and will be looking to add HT / FT to it once the lines are out.

Last question, will Eddie Jones throw the game?

Follow me on @kilianpierre

More
4 years 6 months ago #13 by Kirky

threepeat wrote:

Kirky wrote:

Thanks CL.

Hi Kirky, Seriously involved in RWC, and stopped posting on Mitre Ten due to loss of Hanrick & Dave the Bookie disappearing.
HB +13.5 is madness, and I am here to save you. Tasman is T1 v T2 in RWC terms. Will piss on the T2 Bay, Tasman is stacked with full time professionals, mainly Crusaders. Cheers 3P

Hi 3P,
I agree with you on Tasman.
But HB has shortened here this morning from +13.5 to +10.5 so money's going onto them: perhaps they are too comfortable at the top and don't need anymore heroics if HB go hard at them ? I'm going to wait for the team lists but think it's probably one that I'll stay out of.

I'm liking the looks of Auckland -5.5, Otago -12.5 and maybe the Canterbury -12.5 too. But I'm not going onto anything more just yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: threepeat

More
4 years 6 months ago #14 by CLrugby

Kirky wrote:

threepeat wrote:

Kirky wrote:

Thanks CL.

Hi 3P,
But HB has shortened here this morning from +13.5 to +10.5 so money's going onto them: perhaps they are too comfortable at the top and don't need anymore heroics if HB go hard at them ? I'm going to wait for the team lists but think it's probably one that I'll stay out of.

I'm liking the looks of Auckland -5.5, Otago -12.5 and maybe the Canterbury -12.5 too. But I'm not going onto anything more just yet.

For me, it is just that Tasman has nothing to play for on that match so they would be dumb sending their A team there and risk injuries one week before the semi finale. If BOP wins in Southland HB will need a win on that one so they will go with full strength. It is a speculative bet, then on my hand I will correct it if needed once the lineups are out but Tasman should leave their starting XV home.

@Chris_Lacharge
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky, threepeat

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #15 by mackem
Use It Or Lose It, Monday night, live from 21:00

Couch Critic (@HDiemont) is joined by @ThalaMsutu77 and other guests to talk about all things Rugby World Cup including SA v Italy feedback, the latest big calls by refs and TMO's and who are looking likely top 4 finishers.

If you wish to comment on the show whilst it live, please use this link to our Youtube channel

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mackem.

More
4 years 6 months ago #16 by southpaw
Fiji +18.5 @ 17/20 vs Wales. Played under roof, conditions should suit Fiji. Wales will take a win of any sorts, Fiji last game of tournament, go out with a bang, show that running game and stretch Wales across the pitch. I'm still miffed by what could have been this tournament for Fiji, but can be competitive on Wed.

Japan v Scotland - Scotland win @ 5/6. Pre-tournament i felt this was the game Japan had biggest chance to cause an upset. They've since beaten Ireland, and played mostly similar starting 15 in their games to date. But they get a nice break before this final pool game, and got a softish decision to help get bonus pt v Samoa. I think there is a risk to the hosts in terms of mental fatigue for this game - they've had a building amount of home expectations after Ireland win, and while i'm not a huge fan of Scotland, i think this weekend they have to be backed. It will actually be my biggest bet of the weekend, at least that's my current expectation. Cannot see them losing.

More
4 years 6 months ago #17 by southpaw
No main interest in bok game as can’t watch, but like Kwagga Smith MoM @ 10/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #18 by threepeat

CLrugby wrote:

Kirky wrote:

threepeat wrote:

Kirky wrote:

Thanks CL.

Hi 3P,

For me, it is just that Tasman has nothing to play for on that match so they would be dumb sending their A team there and risk injuries one week before the semi finale. If BOP wins in Southland HB will need a win on that one so they will go with full strength. It is a speculative bet, then on my hand I will correct it if needed once the lineups are out but Tasman should leave their starting XV home.

MITRE 10 CUP PREMIERSHIP
TEAM PLAYED WIN DRAW LOSS FOR AGAINST DIFF BP1 BP2 POINTS
Tasman 9 9 0 0 344 86 + 286 7

Nine from nine = plenty to play for being a clean sweep in regular season. Not to mention places on Mako North American Tour to play MLR Teams in the USA. Coaches had big shoes to fill when Leon McDonald left and boy have they filled them. They will be playing to WIN.

Line has moved down to Tasman -9.5 (tab nz) and I have bet five out of 10. Will add a further five of ten with Team announcements.

How good is this Mako Team - Look at the Mitre 10 Cup Standings Table and next best is Wellington with six wins.
GO THE MAKOS - Crusaders wearing sharks clothing. Cheers 3P

More
4 years 6 months ago #19 by threepeat
World Cup chaos: Mutiny call follows axing of French captain ahead of final pool match

Full story go to Rugbypass.com

Betting Max England -12.5

France will qualify no matter the result and have been poor so far in Pool play.

Not much of a France punter due to unpredictable frogs. This time they may do the extraordinary, but if it is going to happen this RWC, more likely in the Quarters. Cheers 3P

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #20 by Brent Graham
I am quite bullish on the USA +23 in tomorrows opener against Argentina - Preview Argentina v USA

More
4 years 6 months ago #21 by threepeat
Hi Kirky,

I am having a go on the Thursday night game.

Southland v Bay of Plenty
Thursday 10 October, 7.35pm, Rugby Park, Invercargill.
Played: 39 (1938-2018)
Won: Southland 16, Bay of Plenty 22, drawn 1.
Last match: Bay of Plenty 26, Southland 22 at Invercargill 7/10/2018

Been on the BOP train all season and agreeing with you on this one.

Betting 5 of 10 BOP - 22.5 & will add some 5 of 10 on the - 20.5

Weather forecast is for Cloudy with 3 hours of afternoon showers. Cheers 3P

More
4 years 6 months ago #22 by threepeat
3 LEG MULTI
Combine all previously touted selected single bets = combined odd of 6.64 in a treble

Bay of Plenty @ 1.87
Points Start
Southland v Bay of Plenty
England @ 1.90
Points Start
England v France
Tasman @ 1.87
Points Start
Hawkes Bay v Tasman

More
4 years 6 months ago #23 by Kirky
Agree with you 3P,
BOP has been deadly all season and Southland are proper dreck.
I'm 10/10 on BOP -22.5 already, and I'll also be punting on Otago -12.5 for Sunday because the Taniwha are such rubbish.

I'm looking for my best pick on Saturday, between Tasman -9.5 and Auckland -5.5.
I think I'll go for Auckland (5/10), as HB are a decent bunch and Tasman really don't have anything more to prove. They've already proved everything, and if HB does (as expected) come hard at them, will Tasman put themselves on the line and risk injury ?

Might give Canterbury a dribble (2/10) too..

Of course if BOP fails the H/C on Thursday, I'll be a done deal and concentrate on beer and watching RWC :beer

More
4 years 6 months ago #24 by Kirky

southpaw wrote:
Japan v Scotland - Scotland win @ 5/6. Pre-tournament i felt this was the game Japan had biggest chance to cause an upset. They've since beaten Ireland, and played mostly similar starting 15 in their games to date. But they get a nice break before this final pool game, and got a softish decision to help get bonus pt v Samoa. I think there is a risk to the hosts in terms of mental fatigue for this game - they've had a building amount of home expectations after Ireland win, and while i'm not a huge fan of Scotland, i think this weekend they have to be backed. It will actually be my biggest bet of the weekend, at least that's my current expectation. Cannot see them losing.

I urge caution South. Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the fight in the dog. Scotland will feel the collective groans of 30 million people everytime they get the ball and screams of "banzai" everytime the Japs have it. No nation in the world can channel their minds like the Japanese can. Scotland won't find this game easy IMHO.

The Japs intend to win every game they play, and they'll prepare for it where it most counts - in their hearts and minds. Their self-belief is huge.
My honest expectation is for the Japs to win by 10.
Good punting.

More
4 years 6 months ago #25 by southpaw
cheers Kirky fully entitled to your view but will stand by mine. Won't be easy but Scots will take this. I'm also assuming they also get the bonus pt win v Russia.

Weather could be a factor - just hope typhoon doesn't rob any team a fair shot.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #26 by Brent Graham
Wales v Fiji Preview - taking Wales to win by 1-12 at just shy of 5/2

Not sure Southpaw will be over the moon with this but I am also in the Scottish camp

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #27 by Brent Graham
Final preview for tomorrow, looking for 1st half highest scoring at 1.28/1 at Sunbet - not a market I usually get involved with but I think the price is tempting as Scotland may step off the gas when the job is done

Preview Scotland v Russia

More
4 years 6 months ago #28 by mackem
Couch Critic's preview and plays for all 3 of Wednesday's matches

goodforthegame.co.za/BetOlimp-Blog/couch...day-9th-october.html

More
4 years 6 months ago #29 by The Vann
Can't have the days only worthwhile sporting event pass without a punt
Boks by 51-60 @ 33/10
Last try scorer
Jantjies E @ 18/1

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #30 by Brent Graham
Nkosi MOM 12/1 Sunbet and Boks o8.5 tries 9/10 WSB

More
4 years 6 months ago #31 by Hughes
Well done South Africa.... playing well and deserve to win comprehensively. Just turned off the broadcast with the issue of another contentious red card to Canada before half time. This red card blitz has completely spoilt the rugby World Cup. The intention is fine but the process is wrong and any sense of a match is instantly gone (for the 60000 crowd and the millions of viewers). Ten minutes in the bin is deserved and if a red card - the player cannot return and is appropriately penalised post match. However, after ten minutes he can be replaced by another player. I’ll watch the World Cup final only now in the expectation that the best sides may not even be there. So no more rugby viewing for me this World Cup until the final quite possibly Japan vs Australia.

More
4 years 6 months ago #32 by Two Left Feet
Would you like some cheese with your sour grapes?

More
4 years 6 months ago #33 by bradie82

threepeat wrote: World Cup chaos: Mutiny call follows axing of French captain ahead of final pool match

France will qualify no matter the result and have been poor so far in Pool play.

Not much of a France punter due to unpredictable frogs. This time they may do the extraordinary, but if it is going to happen this RWC, more likely in the Quarters. Cheers 3P

That story is just bullshit - there is no mutiny call at all, just Guirado being not as good as he was but as the captain and the fact that he does not play creates loads of fake stories. The only thing for sure is that he does not have a good relationship with Brunel but most of the players don't so nothing new here
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brad Breath

More
4 years 6 months ago #34 by CLrugby
By the way don’t forget that both France and England have no interest to win this match. Playing Wales or Australia in quarter final is the same but by loosing you avoid the ABs in semi ... Just saying

@Chris_Lacharge

More
4 years 6 months ago #35 by BDub

bradie82 wrote:

threepeat wrote: World Cup chaos: Mutiny call follows axing of French captain ahead of final pool match

That story is just bullshit - there is no mutiny call at all, just Guirado being not as good as he was but as the captain and the fact that he does not play creates loads of fake stories. The only thing for sure is that he does not have a good relationship with Brunel but most of the players don't so nothing new here

What’s your feel on the England France game Bradie. Mutiny stories aside I’ve got a feel it’ll be a restrained French performance knowing they’re through and need to save gas for Wales.

Follow me on Twitter - @BrendonWessels

More
4 years 6 months ago #36 by Pierrebal
Underdog day for me tomorrow!

USA +23.5 9/10
USA over 14.5 points 9/10
Russia over 8.5 points 1/1
Russia over 3.5 First Half 1/1

Will wait and see what bookies come out with for Fiji points and tries wise.

Follow me on @kilianpierre

More
4 years 6 months ago #37 by Sunshine Ace
For tomorrow, I am feeling like the Argentines will cover the Handicap took them 1U @ 1.9 for -19.5 points.
The Russians have covered the Handicaps well, and I see this continuing tomorrow 1U @ 1.94 for +35.5 Points.

took a double as well, 1U @ 3.68, might be trading all in games in play, depending on quick or slow starts.

More
4 years 6 months ago #38 by The Vann
Loading Superbru this evening when I noticed it's Argentina's last match. Will want to go out on a high to avoid a rash of no entry signs on young ladies boudoir's
Argentina -23.5 @ 12/10
and
Argentina by 31-40 @ 4/1

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
4 years 6 months ago #39 by Brent Graham
Forgot to post link before the show but Couch joined me for Truck and Trailer to review todays Bok game and look at tomorrows matches

More
4 years 6 months ago #40 by hanrick
Argentina under 36.5 points at 0.84/1

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #41 by threepeat

bradie82 wrote:

Hi Bradie, Thanks for your comment, but story is not BS. Mutiny call comes from owner of Toulon, if you bothered to read the article.
Second article on subject appeared today on Rugbypass.com. Reminding us of the events of 2011 RWC in NZ. Cheers 3P

Quote Rugbypass headline "Eight years after what happened at RWC 2011, English and Welsh fans are wary of yet another France team in disarray"
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by threepeat. Reason: Rugbypass quote

More
4 years 6 months ago #42 by R3V3R3NT_
3rd game in 11 Days for Argentina a dissapointing campaign to finish up here. First 10 minutes will be a big indication in where their heads are at. Tough to see them being in it mentally.

More
4 years 6 months ago #43 by R3V3R3NT_
Gone Argentina USA Under 51.5
Reasoning being if USA turns up it wont be a shootout, If Argentina dominates they secure a bonus point for 3rd place and cruise to the finish. Probably chuck it round a bit trying for tries and the likely errors that come with that slowing the game down.

Argentina still needs to finish 3rd for automatic qualification so their is something in it for them.

More
4 years 6 months ago #44 by threepeat
[/spoiler]

hanrick wrote: Argentina under 36.5 points at 0.84/1

Hard game to make $ on. Realing from losing Canada + 58.5, following on Argie under 36.5 Cheers 3P

More
4 years 6 months ago #45 by bradie82

threepeat wrote:

bradie82 wrote:

Hi Bradie, Thanks for your comment, but story is not BS. Mutiny call comes from owner of Toulon, if you bothered to read the article.
Second article on subject appeared today on Rugbypass.com. Reminding us of the events of 2011 RWC in NZ. Cheers 3P

Quote Rugbypass headline "Eight years after what happened at RWC 2011, English and Welsh fans are wary of yet another France team in disarray"

3P, no offence but this is bullshit and I did read the full article, please.
Indeed Mourad made a video when he s asking French players to take the lead of the squad but if you know him a minimum, you know that this is the way he talks! He just wants to create another polemic as this is what he does best, simply. If you watch the video, which I did, you will see that he is simply asking French player to play their game, not to follow Brunel plan which was idiotic vs Tonga (playing physical game instead of a fast game, especially with the players on the pitch). He s telling them to write their own story, to make this WC a success and play freely on the pitch, nothing else than that so mutiny call at all!!
I will say it again ,yes Brunel is not a fan of Guirado andhe did not have a choice but to make him captain (thanks to Laporte and Simon) but as he far from the level he used to have, and with Camille Chat improving day after day, he has no choice but to put him on the bench which creates "stories" that journalists love.
All players are supporting Guirado and none of them is stupid enough to call for a mutiny with the future French coach already on board for that WC - that would be suicidal for 90% of the players - the only ones who could eventually go are Picamoles, Medard (definiteky not his style) and the few that are retiring after this WC but for the others, who are aged 25 or less, there is a WC in 4 years on France.
Finally this story is everywhere on English newspaper but nowhere on French ones which means what it means, especially few days before le Crunch.

More
4 years 6 months ago #46 by bradie82

BDub wrote:

bradie82 wrote:

What’s your feel on the England France game Bradie. Mutiny stories aside I’ve got a feel it’ll be a restrained French performance knowing they’re through and need to save gas for Wales.

So far no bet.
France has been rubbish as expected for various reasons that I mentioned pre-WC so I would go England as a first thought.
That said, I have not been impressed by England so far - Daly is a disgrace to the fullback position, Farrell is not in his best shape so far, and if the Vunipola brothers are not playing, that will be a different story as we know the impact they have on the squad.
Best is to wait team news and see if both are bringing their best squad and then the forecast as I was reading last night that there is a potential typhoon on that day

More
4 years 6 months ago #47 by CLrugby
I am French and there is no polemic! Don’t forget that the next national coach is already in the staff (and already more or less controlling the team) so players have no interest in creating troubles! Next WC is in France so they will all stand in line :)
Expected starting XV is our best one: Médard - Penaud, Vakatawa, Fickou, Huget - (o) Ntamack, (m) Dupont - Ollivon, Alldritt, Lauret - Vahaamahina, Le Roux - Slimani, Guirado (cap.), Poirot.

Not confirmed yet but that what leaked out this morning, question mark on Dupont.

However and for the last time don’t forget that both team have no interest in winning it. England would rather play the Boks in semi than the ABs

@Chris_Lacharge

More
4 years 6 months ago #48 by bradie82

CLrugby wrote: I am French and there is no polemic! Don’t forget that the next national coach is already in the staff (and already more or less controlling the team) so players have no interest in creating troubles! Next WC is in France so they will all stand in line :)
Expected starting XV is our best one: Médard - Penaud, Vakatawa, Fickou, Huget - (o) Ntamack, (m) Dupont - Ollivon, Alldritt, Lauret - Vahaamahina, Le Roux - Slimani, Guirado (cap.), Poirot.

Not confirmed yet but that what leaked out this morning, question mark on Dupont.

However and for the last time don’t forget that both team have no interest in winning it. England would rather play the Boks in semi than the ABs

I m French too :beer and indeed FG is already in place but he s clearly not fully controlling the team as I don;t think we would have seen a physical game vs Tonga (this is not his style).
Thanks for the squad- seems like France is bringing the big guns - I like the sqaud except for Lauret, don't rate him at all.
I m not sure any team would play to avoid another team - to win the WC, you need to beat the best teams so SA or ABs in SF, I don't think they care at this stage and confidence of winning a game is very important so would not rely on that.

More
4 years 6 months ago #49 by CLrugby

bradie82 wrote:

CLrugby wrote: I am French and there is no polemic! Don’t forget that the next national coach is already in the staff (and already more or less controlling the team) so players have no interest in creating troubles! Next WC is in France so they will all stand in line :)

I m French too :beer and indeed FG is already in place but he s clearly not fully controlling the team as I don;t think we would have seen a physical game vs Tonga (this is not his style).
Thanks for the squad- seems like France is bringing the big guns - I like the sqaud except for Lauret, don't rate him at all.
I m not sure any team would play to avoid another team - to win the WC, you need to beat the best teams so SA or ABs in SF, I don't think they care at this stage and confidence of winning a game is very important so would not rely on that.

Still for me it’s like a friendly match as we can’t have all the info about how mentally both teams will want or not want win it. They will try to stay injury free knowing that a loss would put them away from the Blacks. I am also not convinced that playing Australia in 1/4 is easier than Wales, France for example will probably be more confortable against Wales as this is one of the last decent team we managed to win and we can match them physically. Like all friendly games it’s a skip for me but GL

@Chris_Lacharge

More
4 years 6 months ago #50 by threepeat
Coming up is Wales v Fiji. Another game with the bookies line well set and difficult to make money.

Going small-medium Fiji +21,5. Wales defence will hold but Fiji flair will keep it interesting. Cheers 3P