Cycling, Il Lombardia

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #1 by mackem
Cycling, Il Lombardia was created by mackem
Last big race of the year on Saturday, 240km+ live coverage of a big chunk of it, a classic of note and a cracking field including lots of grand tour GC men.

Roglic has been in form and seems the man to beat, not for me at around 11/4 though. Nibali is the man in terms of form in this particular race, I'm quite tempted by the Sharks but my beer money is going on Pierre Latour at 40/1.

His 3 one day races this month, 2 seemed to go well, with a DNF in between. He didn't do the World's road race, showed glimpses of form in Vuelta after an injury interrupted season and might just be a bit fresher than some of other guys. Seems to AG2R leader, Franck had a go in midweek race so Latour the man for this I hope.

Would like a back up so if anyone playing this race will be glad to hear your thoughts

twitter: @goodforthegame
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by mackem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #2 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling, Il Lombardia
The final Monument of the season and Roglic comes in hot having won on his last two outings over similar courses at around 200km each. Smart bet is probably lump the whole amount on him but then no one has ever accused me of being smart. Going with two guys who could beat Roglic in a sprint (if they ever get near enough) and Vann's statutory roughie.
Win Only
Gilbert @ 33/1
E/W 1-3
Higuita @ 40/1
Masnada @ 200/1

More
4 years 6 months ago #3 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling, Il Lombardia
Agree Vann Roglic looks hard to beat but also can't bring myself to take the price

Taking Gaudo 25/1 and Formolo 80/1

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 years 6 months ago #4 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling, Il Lombardia
Really enjoyed Lombardia yesterday and Mollema deserved that.
Will be watching Paris Tours with the missus today. Not bothering with any research so just a pick off the books list for a few beers
E/W 1-3
Boy van Poppel @ 150/1
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747