Wilder vs Fury II

More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by shaft
Wilder vs Fury II was created by shaft
I'm by no means a boxing connoisseur but I enjoy watching the big fights. A R10 on the bout could make it even more interesting.

See the books are split on this one. Anyone with a view, please put it up.

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by stokes1982
Replied by stokes1982 on topic Wilder vs Fury II
Same as you Shaft, don't watch loads of boxing but looking forward to this one. Looks like a coin toss, but there are a few factors that make me side with Wilder

1. The judges will be American. Don't think Fury will stop Wilder and loads of decisions in the past have blatantly been corrupt.

2. Fury had a stint in wwe in late October. Don't know how much effect this has, but promotion, learning to land properly etc is not the best prep. I remember Lennox Lewis shooting scenes for one of the ocean 11 in between training, ended up getting knocked out by Hasim Rahman. Probably a lot to do with not adjusting to the altitude, but he would of been aware of this had he been focused.

You can generally get Wilder by decision @ 10/1 ( a few bookmakers have boosted it to 14/1 )

seems a massive price and gonna have a couple of quid on that atm

More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Wilder vs Fury II
Don't really follow boxing since the Hagler /Leonard fiasco but if there is not a huge amount of dosh to be made on a decider then the Wilder by decision looks good. Have whacked a few beers on that @ 11/1.

(Will one day entertain the boards with my favorite bet which has to do with this thread and the Lewis/Rahman bout.)

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #4 by coil
Replied by coil on topic Wilder vs Fury II
Love boxing and the above comments well noted . The previous fight was superb and I though Wilder had just shaded it but with hindsight I was probably wrong . What to do in this one ?? The betting is evenly matched , if it goes the distance , despite the venue I feel another draw or Fury shades it , I can't see Fury knocking Wilder out but it's possible for sure and as he's such a clever fighter plus a new coaching team he might just. . That right hand of Wilder is sooooo lethal.

All said and done, not worth the kids college fund but will go for Fury via k/o, Fury by points and a draw .

Should be fascinating , just hope the stitches from Fury's last fight don't cause a problem whilst he also weighs in roughly 8 kg more than the first fight .
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by coil.