Thoughts On Super Rugby Potential Solution

More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by mackem
How feasible could this be ...?

www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/has-s...-suspension-20200317

Players and staff must push towards the 100 mark for the max gathering threshold in SA, than broadcast staff and security .... plus the Jags would have to be allowed into SA.

With no route back to SA for me I'm going to be holed up in UK for some time but one theory that was pushed around here for football was that public and clubs etc... would be a problem for screening as just as likely to catch the virus in a confined, closed space of a few score of people than in an open stadium of a few thousand.

Seems like a big ask to me

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic Thoughts On Super Rugby Potential Solution
Yes, I like the idea. At least something happens, the competition still goes on, limping or not, but it goes on.

Then, say the clubs travel inter-countries, they stay put for 14 days and then they play the clubs in the host country. It would be only 14 days break, not months or an unknown period of time.

Or they can all meet in one country and after the 14 days quarantine, they play each other, like a cup format, but they get to play and finish the competition.

Anything is better than nothing.

In A-League Wellington Phoenix traveled from NZ to Australia, they stay put for 14 days and then they play here.

Melbourne Victory returned from NZ, from their match against Wellington, they stay put for 14 days and then they start playing again.

More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic Thoughts On Super Rugby Potential Solution
Australia to start an internal Rugby competition in April, with their four Super Rugby teams, as well as Western Force.

South Africa and New Zealand to start similar competitions.