Vaal 26th March

More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by coil
Vaal 26th March was created by coil
Final meeting for the time being

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Vaal 26th March
One so far - R7 Category Four @ 13/1 ew. Eyecatching jockey booking who's riding out of his skin at moment, CF should enjoy extra and looks to be coming to hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #3 by coil
Replied by coil on topic Vaal 26th March
My personal feelings in a nutshell, the proposed cure for this virus will result in a much worse situation in the country ( economically and health ) and the longer this goes on the less we'll be able to rely on the advise of medical experts and will then be left on the back foot in our attempt to recover economically . I don't mind the egg on my face but at this stage feel the current measures are overkill and bounce off political fear and the fear of not doing what your neighbour has done.

I think the world that we knew is no longer and the world after this event may result in something better or the worse , one worry is that the government may now have the leverage to control every aspect of your life while one upside should be to stop the over reliance on other countries ( China, Bangladesh, Indonesia) for the cheap products and to build one's own industry and to invest in the people within your borders . And yes borders do matter , and border vetting and strong immigration . I see the end in sight for the EU or at least the opportunity for it to reform itself.

Rant over.

Please God horse racing is able to return in three weeks , an industry that has been part of my life since i was a very small boy . Sadly the powers that be have run the sport into the ground as a result of poor decisions, ineffective leadership, fat cat salaries and unwise decisions. It was on the ropes prior the Wuhan virus now it'll need ICU to survive.

Race 1.
A poor workriders even with the Tarry runner a short priced favourite. The combination are normally lethal in these races but the price seems a little tight at 11/10 . Duje of Abercorn gets a decent workrider and has been thereabouts in his 5 starts to date , the 10/1 looks a decent start to the day .

Race 2.
Competitive race , I backed Mynage last time and was pipped by a first timer , must be respected again at 2/1, meets Magago on 3kg better terms but that might not be enough as juveniles improve fast . Not a race I'll get too involved in but also have my eye on the Houdalakis first timer Miss Elegance , beautifully bred , gets a good appie with allowance and easy to back at 12/1.

Race 3.
Siren of Greece is odds on and is the only filly in the race , well supported last time and has good form and a low weight as a result of her sex allowance. However Fire and Ice gets a really good appie and claims 4 kg . he's my first choice at 28/10.

Race 4.
Abdul is another odds on favourite and looks a decent sort steps up in distance but should welcome the rise. My first choice but hoping for evens and better .

Race 5.
Open race and I have a fancy on the no 1 horse Theravada, gets a 1.5 kg claim and has some decent form, sadly the stable is going through a rotten patch and won't be putting the baby on this one but at 10/1 eachway could prove ok.

Race 6.
Diorama has been consistent and runs against weaker today , my first choice at 11/2 , also like Tahitian Orana at 10/1.

Race 7.
Waqaas has been a little disappointing but has remained in form , not a bad price at 5/1 and you'll prob get better , Podcast my roughie at 16/1.

Race 8.
An open race but Grindelwald could be the one to beat , a good win last time and my narrow first choice at 9/2, also fancy Mr Hugo at 40/1 !!!

Enjoy the day
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by coil.

More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by southpaw
nice one Miss Elegance coil!!

More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by southpaw

southpaw wrote: One so far - R7 Category Four @ 13/1 ew. Eyecatching jockey booking who's riding out of his skin at moment, CF should enjoy extra and looks to be coming to hand.

adding another - R6 Rabia The Rebel 15/1 ew. Poor start and wide draw ruined last run but form just been franked in last race and back against the girls could feature here.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
4 years 1 month ago #6 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic Vaal 26th March
Thanks guys. Taken a bit of Stike it like a Match in the Last, 10/1

Gets Khumalo as well and has huge drop in merit ratings. Has run againest some decent sprinters previously. And last run wasn't the worse so hopefully a showing of returning to form.

Also taken yours in 7th South, have always liked Cat Four

Enjoy last days racing and be safe out there.

More
4 years 1 month ago #7 by southpaw
slightly up for day and last race for a while, why not go for a few outsiders in last -

The Makwakkers - got 33/1 ew, moved to 20/1 just after. Good course form.

Bridge of Spies - 22/1 ew, Just seems to be overpriced.

Happy stayathome and nobetting for next 3 weeks everyone.

More
4 years 1 month ago #8 by southpaw
great day coil, some nice picks.

Well that's me done betting for a few weeks, see you all back on here if/when the sporting world restarts again.

Keep safe.