All Football Tips w/c 3rd August

More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by mackem
All Football Tips w/c 3rd August was created by mackem
Lots of football this week with EFL play off final, Europa League, Champions League and Nedbank Cup semi finals.

EFL Play Off Final, Tuesday, Brentford v Fulham preview

goodforthegame.co.za/English-Football/br...betting-preview.html

More previews to follow and all this week's football tips are most welcome here.

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by Quill
Replied by Quill on topic All Football Tips w/c 3rd August
Melbourne Victory vs Central Coast Mariners

This match is being played in Sydney, as because of Covid, A-League formed a hub in NSW, where matches are played at four different locations around Sydney.

Victory are without their foreign stars, who chose to stay in their home countries or left the club. They are now using youngsters, they are trying to build up for next season.
They are on 10th out of 11 teams and cannot go up or down until the end of the season.

The Mariners are rooted to the bottom of the ladder, and cannot go up. This is their last match of the season. For the past couple of games the Mariners showed grit and determination, they showed will and drew against two teams that are in the fight for a play-off spot, and are better overall, at least theoretically.
They also had one defeat, but it was a hard fought 0-1 to Perth Glory, one of the most prolific teams in the league.

So the Mariners show signs of life, and this being their last match of the season, they want to go out with a bang.

Victory struggled since the resumption, they were struggling even before, but now that they lost their star players, they can be targeted even by lowly teams. They are no longer a threat for the finals, so I'll go for the Mariners to get a result here.

Now why do I see goals?

I don't care about their past encounters, all with big numbers of goals, especially that Victory doesn't have the same players as a few months ago.
It's the fact that no team can move from their current spot, so there isn't much pressure on them other than play for their contracts, play for a spot in the first team, and as some coaches say "go out there and enjoy yourselves".

Bet 1: CC Mariners +0.5 @1.95
Bet 2: BTTS & Over 2.5 @2.00
Bet 3: Over 2.75 goals @1.93

Bet 2 and 3 are alternatives to one another, like half the stake for each.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zambusta

More
3 years 8 months ago #3 by Zambusta
Replied by Zambusta on topic All Football Tips w/c 3rd August

Quill wrote: Melbourne Victory vs Central Coast Mariners

This match is being played in Sydney, as because of Covid, A-League formed a hub in NSW, where matches are played at four different locations around Sydney.

Victory are without their foreign stars, who chose to stay in their home countries or left the club. They are now using youngsters, they are trying to build up for next season.
They are on 10th out of 11 teams and cannot go up or down until the end of the season.

The Mariners are rooted to the bottom of the ladder, and cannot go up. This is their last match of the season. For the past couple of games the Mariners showed grit and determination, they showed will and drew against two teams that are in the fight for a play-off spot, and are better overall, at least theoretically.
They also had one defeat, but it was a hard fought 0-1 to Perth Glory, one of the most prolific teams in the league.

So the Mariners show signs of life, and this being their last match of the season, they want to go out with a bang.

Victory struggled since the resumption, they were struggling even before, but now that they lost their star players, they can be targeted even by lowly teams. They are no longer a threat for the finals, so I'll go for the Mariners to get a result here.

Now why do I see goals?

I don't care about their past encounters, all with big numbers of goals, especially that Victory doesn't have the same players as a few months ago.
It's the fact that no team can move from their current spot, so there isn't much pressure on them other than play for their contracts, play for a spot in the first team, and as some coaches say "go out there and enjoy yourselves".

Nice one Quill!
I built a bet with all of the above for @7 for a small interest.
:beer :beer

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by Quill

Zambusta wrote:

Quill wrote: Melbourne Victory vs Central Coast Mariners

Now why do I see goals?

Nice one Quill!
I built a bet with all of the above for @7 for a small interest.
:beer :beer

Oh wow, well done!

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by Quill
WS Wanderers vs Perth Glory

This game is played on the Wanderer's home ground with limited number of spectators.

The Wanderers have done well after the resumption, with one draw and one win, to get themselves close to the play-off spots.
Perth Glory won one and lost the last two, and have slipped on the ladder to 5th, now feeling a bunch of play-off hopefuls breathing down their necks.

Glory beat the Wanderers two times this season, home and away, but the situation now is different. Glory are without a few star players, including Castro, probably the best midfielder in the league. They struggled to beat Central Coast 1-0, then they struggled to stay in the game against Wellington and Adelaide. They lost to Adelaide 3-5, after being 1-5 down, so I expect Popovic, former Wanderers' coach, to have worked more on their defence issues.

The Wanderers have kept low scores through their matches so far, and just because Perth copped it 3-5, doesn't mean that we should expect a goal festival tonight. Both teams are now in the fight for a play-off spot, so I expect a tough match here.
Perth Glory cannot afford a third consecutive defeat, the Wanderers cannot afford to lose, as they'd remain too far behind.

I expect a tight match, possibly a draw, which would keep both teams in contention.

Bet 1: Number of goals in match - 2 or 3 goals @1.95
Bet 2: BTTS Yes @1.75
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, The Vann

More
3 years 8 months ago #6 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Football Tips w/c 3rd August
Nothing for me in Europe League midweek.

Man City v Real Madrid, UCL Friday

goodforthegame.co.za/UCL-Previews/manche...betting-preview.html

Main play de Bruyne anytime at around 2/1, Might take some over 2.5 total goals but probably earlish in the game in play.

The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All Football Tips w/c 3rd August
Was allocated a few free bets owing to a minor altercation so am spending them this pm
Brentford v Fulham
First up a bet that worked for a smart cookie last week
ATGS Ollie Watkins @ 33/20
and one of those bets which are statistically good but a real no-no in play-off matches
First Half over 1.5 goals @ 9/4

More
3 years 8 months ago #8 by Quill
Wellington Phoenix vs Brisbane Roar

The match is going to be played in Sydney. However, the Phoenix have had this as a home base for a couple of months now, since the creation of the A-League hub, so it's not quite a neutral territory for them. These two teams are sitting 3rd and 4th respectively.

Wellington have never finished above the 4th in the league and now they have a huge opportunity under Ufuk Talay, a prize for himself too, to finish the highest ever for them in the A-League. They can even finish second if Melbourne City stumbles on the way somewhere.
Two more rounds to go in the regular season.

Ufuk Talay transformed the Phoenix since he took over and they are a pleasant side to watch now, scoring goals and getting results.

The Roar set themselves as target a second spot finish, which means winning their last remaining games, and hoping that Melbourne City stumbles, as I said above.
On the other hand, if Roar loses this and they don't get a result in the last round either, they will have to fear for their play-off spot, as Western United have 4 games in hand and they are playing well.
Their coach encouraged the players to give it all they have as the finish line gets nearer.

Bet 1: BTTS @1.70
Bet 2: Over 2.5 @1.95
Bet 3: BTTS & Over 2.5 @2.20

Bets 2 and 3 half stake each.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Football Tips w/c 3rd August
Barca v Napoli, UCL Saturday

goodforthegame.co.za/UCL-Previews/barcel...betting-preview.html

Matchbet + Totals , over 2.5 and Barca win at 21/10.

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by The Vann
Europa League
Taking this evenings four matches all over 2.5 match goals @ 11/1
Will pick a Man Utd bet when I get the starting line-up

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by The Vann
Europa League
Man Utd v LASK
Not much in this match with Utd leading the tie 5-0 so beers on
ATGS Lingard @ 22/10
and
Half Time/Full Time
2-0/4+ @ 15/2

More
3 years 8 months ago #12 by Quill
Adelaide vs Sydney

This match is played in Sydney, as due to Covid restrictions all A-League matches are played in NSW.

Adelaide are playing very well under their new coach, Veart, since the resumption of the season. They have two wins and one draw and are now in with a good chance to catch the play-offs.
All the teams they played against, and beat or drew with, are above them on the ladder, so very good teams.

Sydney are coming into this match after two consecutive defeats, something unheard of for many many years, and they want to bounce back.
They've had the discussion, they've looked into the way they dropped the ball in the past couple of games, and they are committed to getting back to winning ways.

They have nothing to play for, as they've already captured the top spot, but they need to gain momentum heading into the finals.

Also, Sydney are a class above any team in this league, so they should stop their losing skid.

Bet: Sydney -0.25 @2.05

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #13 by The Vann
Champions League
Really depressed with the draw. Had 5 bets on who to make the final covering 6 teams and the draw takes all my bets out with all 6 of my teams still in play - Baskets
On this evenings matches - We have no idea where Lyon are at and Real Madrid are doing OK. So going with two doubles.
Man Cty BTTS yes into Juve over 1.5 match goals @ evens
and
Juve win into Real Madrid D/C @ 24/10
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by The Vann.

More
3 years 8 months ago #14 by Quill
Perth Glory vs Melbourne Victory

The match is being played in Sydney.

Victory is a depleted team, no stars, no confidence, on a 5-game losing streak.
They are fixed on the 10th spot, one above bottom, as the Mariners, bottom, finished their games, and the gap to the 9th spot is huge, 10 points, with 2 games to play.

Glory are pushing towards a top 4 finish, and with a win tonight they can get there, then one more game to play.
Last time out they beat the Wanderers 3-1, and ended their play-off hopes.

Bet: Perth Glory (-1) @1.99