All Racing Tips w/c 31st August

More
3 years 8 months ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 31st August was created by mackem
Thread for all this week's racing tips with previews supplied by Winning Form and @hollywoodbets

Monday at Fairview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-mon...rse-racing-tips.html

All this weeks racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 31st August

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #3 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 31st August
Vaal

Race 1.
Open start to the day, work riders and plenty with chances.

Race 2.
Phina Mzala showed good improvement with blinkers, price skinny though. lazy Guy my first choice with the stable finding a few winners again 6/1.

Race 3.
Tahitian Orana carries top weight but I feel she can manage the task at 33/10

Race 4.
Precious Stone's run to Blue Marble stands out but stable still hasn't won my trust , respect. Alex the Great has a good appie up and reverts to 1000m and gets the nod at 7/1.

Race 5.
Charming Lass my best bet of the day, would propose a full go but the stable has let me down of late, so a medium strike at 2/1.

Race 6.
Custom Made catches the eye at 8/1, notable jockey up and low weight.

Race 7.
Really like Bold Ellie today, drawn a little wide but takes on filllies again , 11/2. ( Error here , she's running against colts again so small chance , I over looked Kurts Approval , feel he'll go very close 7/1.

Race 8.
Curvation the one to beat at 7/2 also like Westwing Belter at 22/1.

Play well
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by coil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 8 months ago #4 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #5 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #6 by coil
Joburg Inside Track today

No betting as my VPN not working atm and I'm stuck in Dubai where restrictions are insane if you don't have a working vpn.

Race 1.
The Peter stable has been off form of late , top combination of Kennedy back in the saddle and the race looks very weak. Mars Rover finished behind teh fav last time but is my first choice to turn the tables.

Race 2.
The word is for Veld Flower, the stable though is horrendous since racing resumed. Did manage a placing on Tuesday though , also drawn wide. Must have a chance though and stable renowned for betting coup's. Bid respect. Make a Penny could improve for placings. Other fancy is Ladt Nica who improved when fancied last time.

Race 3.
Hesrtel the one to beat and is narrow first choice I feel, also Glowtoria.

Race 4.
A very competitive field here. A few old warriors plus a few mares . Really too tough to call, will try have a go on Galactic Warrior and Donny G.

Race 5.
master Supreme is a promising sort and despite a distance perhaps short of his best is the one to beat . So narrowly my first choice , Trend Master next best .

Race 6.
Dark Tide was well riden last time and just lasted .. this mile should be easier though. First choice is Prosepector , also respect from two roughies, Whipping Boy and Norland.

Race 7.
In the Game has a fair chance but race is a tough one, next best Bouncing Tiger has a chance also Secret Dynasty.

Race 8.
Littlewood is the one to beat , my first choice here. Emerald bay my other fancy, good jockey up and could be regaining some form.

Play Well
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 8 months ago #7 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #8 by coil
Joburg Saturday

Race1.
Sukky de kok has a 4.4 million ront debutante here, a solid 8/10 favourite here. The stable has been average lately but normally the odds on De Kok's first timers do the business. Besides Marakesh the rest of the dangers might come from the 1st timers.
I'll start with a possible double Malmoos and Bohica in Race 7 around the 5/1 .

Race 2.
Another maiden event with form a puzzle. No bet at this stage.

Race 3.
Lucy Belle is my first choice here , backed in her debut and ran ok. Stable had three winners on Thursday, currently 7/1. and evens a place first three. Otherwise I do like My sugar Baby as my cover.

Race 4.
Another well fancied de Kok runner is fancied and this one is odds on like the first race. Kokeshi certainly has the form and has run behind some good sorts. But like I mentioned the stable is average at the moment and I'll oppose this one with Spice Market at 15/10.

Race 5.
Phew Sukky has the entire team out for this meeting , another fancied runner tops the boards in All Haamy, I do prefer this one though the race is a strong maiden and is open. 16/10.

Race 6.
Gin Fizz another De kok runner tops the board, she's a worthy favourite but is somewhat highly strung. I prefer Dancing Queen at 33/10 .

Race 7. As mentioned in Race 1 I fancy Bohica here at 5/2. Was most impressive last time and feel he might still be ahead of the handicapper.

Race 8.
The stuck record continues as De kok has the top two runners her in the betting. They certainly have the form. Loved the way Al QaQaa accelerated last time out in winning his maiden despite still looking very green. My first selection but a smaller bet than normal as I don't normally like backing a maiden first time in a handicap.

Race 9.
Dance Class is proving to be a very good filly in the making, going for 6 in a row. Takes on colts but despite Barak and Before Noon ( heavy schedule of late ) there is not much to worry about.
She should be up to that task but I'll probably go for Before Noon at 12/1 and better while 14/10 a place 4, just worried he might be very tired.

Cape to follow
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, kt6747, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 8 months ago #9 by mackem

More
3 years 8 months ago #10 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 31st August
Thanks Coil for the thoughts, some nice sorts coming out from De Kock Yard as you say, but I wonder if they will improve as you say.

Race 2 - West Coast Lover @ 14/1 (GGG)
Just been gelded and breeding suggests could be a reasonable sprinter. No superstars as Coil says so giving him a go

Race 7 - Angels Power @ 25/1
As Coil mentions, Bohica has shown there might be more in the tank ad could be ahead of the Handicapper. I like stable companion, on a line with Oravar, should be close to Bohica, also drawn 1 compared to 10 on tight Inside course could help. If can jump on terms with Stricker up, could pop up.

Race 9 - Fife @ 14/1
An old fav who I think could go close again.

Enjoy the racing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 8 months ago #11 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 31st August
a late afternoon interest -

R7 Alramz 9/1 ew. Smashed Bohica once before a long time ago on debut, may need outing but hoping de Kock has him fit and ready.

R8 Dan The Lad 20/1 ew. Had an excuse last time out in much better run, SK won in him last time out and sort of race where nothing dominating field.

R9 Cairon 14/1 ew. All maiden runs have produced many winners, in at deep end but low mass. Before Noon back up at 10/1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
3 years 8 months ago #12 by coil

southpaw wrote: a late afternoon interest -

R7 Alramz 9/1 ew. Smashed Bohica once before a long time ago on debut, may need outing but hoping de Kock has him fit and ready.

R8 Dan The Lad 20/1 ew. Had an excuse last time out in much better run, SK won in him last time out and sort of race where nothing dominating field.

R9 Cairon 14/1 ew. All maiden runs have produced many winners, in at deep end but low mass. Before Noon back up at 10/1.

Caught some nice places on Dan ! , Thanks South

More
3 years 7 months ago #13 by coil
Scotsville

Race 1.
Irontail all the rage and should win, like a first timer Cabinet Shuffle 16/1 and 16/10 a place first 4.

Race 2.
Tough race and no real fancy .

Race 3.
Boogie Shoes well supported into favourite, lots of talk. I prefer Flymefree at 7/1.

Race 4.
Nikhails inn at 16/1 and 5/2 a place first 4, race is very tough.

Race 5.
Washington Square looks ready to win in a open race , 7/1., also like Constantine 10/1.

Race 6.
What a Thrill can win but she is a hard horse to ride, I prefer Quinn's Plane and make her my best of the day at 33/10,

Race 7.
Spring High might be up to the task, but race is hard and it may be too much too soon. I prefer the top weight and fav Trip to Afruca 2/1.

Race 8.
Brilliant Disguise should prefer this track, my first choice at 5.1, Teichman my roughie , 3rd run after a rest 20/1.

Race 9.
State of Min very hard to beat, will be get out stakes at 11/10 or better.

Have a good day.

More
3 years 7 months ago #14 by kt6747
Thanks Coil, a tough day's racing at Scotsville.

Race 1
Will be watching this race as if it wins well as the betting says, will have a huge effect on later races as will strength form lines

Race 2 - Sihamba Sonke @ 18/1 (WSB)
A very open race, and will be worth watching the betting on the above as owned by Hollywood Syndicate, and when there horses have a chance, money comes. I just personally like the breeding, full sister to Lana Belle who won first time out and has been pretty impressive over sprints.

Race 3 - Palmheart @ 14/1
This is one of the races the 1st will have an impact on, Vihzoes Magic ran behind Irontail, so will wait for 1st race. Palmheart was impressive last time out behind Snaith hot pot fav, who then came out to run second to top Ecstatic Green on Gold Cup day. Blanchetta also from that form line and has come seen some early money so also worth considering.

Race 4- Nikhails Inn @ 16/1
Like Coil, also like this one.
Had 2 runs course and distance, last one behind super impressive Captain Fontaine. Yes was 6 back but was giving him 3kg's, and now also getting 2.5kg from appie. So based on that huge value in my opinion if repeats that run. Also getting 3 Kg's now from Sugar & Spice for 1 length beating.

Race 5 - Captian Oupie @ 9/1 (WSB)
This is my bet of the day. Yes it is a tough race and step up, but if you look at what it beat first time up, course and distance, there are 5 winners some of which have placed in Grade 1's and Garralous who ran a short head behind Eric the Red, who he beat by close on 2 lengths over course and distance. Any sort of repeat of first run should go close and think will start much shorter.

Thereafter even tougher racing and will post anything i like in the morning.

Enjoy the day.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #15 by coil
Cape Town

Should still be a little soft still but looking forward to the day .

Race 1.
Stuck on You given a poor ride last time and has had a few chances , still my confident first choice at 22/10. Lady Catherine places first 3.

Race 3.
Watch race 2 , I didi what I didi ... same formline for my fancy here Green Serenity 12/1, also gets a claimer, very little to chose between the top two therwise.

Race 4.
Prefernce for Ballroom Bliss at 9/2 though drawn wide, next best is Cut Glass at 9/2.

Race 5.
Helen's Ideal won a great race last time out, gets an appie allowance but still a big weight, my first choice though at 6/1. Other fancy is Vandah's Spirit 7/1.

Race 6.
I'm going all in here with the top weight Mon Cherie at 7/2, my best of the day.

Race 7.
Doppie Oro could upset the odds fav here , hoping for some 9/1 .

Race 8.
Photocopy loves this track and big respect at 33/10. My narrow first choice and also like another one in Snow Report at 9/2.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by coil.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 7 months ago #16 by kt6747
Thanks Coil, I have added Rose of Indya @ 50/1. Some decent form in PE and nothing great in this race 2 either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, WillowWarrior

More
3 years 7 months ago #17 by coil
Lovely Stuff KT !!

More
3 years 7 months ago #18 by kt6747
Thanks Coil, I couldn't believe it opened at that price.

More
3 years 7 months ago #19 by kt6747
Great call Coil with Queens Plain