Cycling : w/c 9 Aug - Tour of Poland + Other

More
2 years 9 months ago #1 by The Vann
I suspect there will be a separate thread for the Vuelta which starts this weekend but we are getting the Tour of Poland live so a little practice before the real deal.
The Tour of Poland runs over seven days with mostly lumpy bumpies. Stage 4 is the big climbing stage but it has been watered down substantially from previous years and I think this means the overall will be settled by a few seconds. The decisive stage now becomes the Stage 6 ITT over 18km.

OUT RIGHT MARKETS
Kwiatkowski is the favorite but without the normal high climb on Thursday I think a good rouleur with quality time trialing ability could run close. For me this means Bevin. Unraced since the Giro but did ride most of the Olympic road race and finished a respectable 10th in the ITT.
Unfortunately I have only two books offering out rights neither of which have the podium option. The Bevin 1-3 would be my bet of choice at around the 6/1 mark but I'm going to have to settle for a few beers on
Win
Bevin @ 22/1

STAGE 1
Rather a long stage with an expected sprint finish taking place on or near cobbles at around 4%.
Win
Gaviria @ 9/2
and a match bet
Bevin/Kwiatkowski @ 18/10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #2 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Cycling : w/c 9 Aug - Tour of Poland + Other
Took a punt on the Tour of Denmark Outright;

Chris Harper of Jumbo Visma ew @80/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
2 years 9 months ago #3 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic Cycling : w/c 9 Aug - Tour of Poland + Other
No idea what happened to Bevin yesterday but to be almost four minutes down was probably a face plant somewhere along the line.
Technical and short steep climbs to contend with at the finish today. My darts are

POLAND STAGE 2
Win
Teuns @ 9/1
Wellens @ 16/1
Hindley @ 50/1
Gallopin @ 150/1

More
2 years 9 months ago #4 by The Vann
Looks very much like a guaranteed sprint finish today so would like to take a run at podium or match bet but unfortunately none on offer at any of my books. A few beers for the watch then

POLAND STAGE 3
Don't know why they make the stages so long - poor course design.
Win
Gaviria @ 11/2
Kooij @ 7/1 (Youngster - beat Barhaus in Hungary earlier this season so is quite quick)

More
2 years 9 months ago #5 by The Vann
Had the riders yesterday - just not the markets. Will settle for the few beers.
It looks like our local broadcaster has decided to show the rest of Poland as recorded late at night and fill their channels with Olympic reruns. The kind of crap no one watched in the first place. Will take one bet today but if that's the case will call it a day.

POLAND STAGE 4
This guy just looks invincible. Dragged his whole team around yesterday and then rode into a podium place. He becomes the protected rider today so should cruise it.
Win
Mohoric @ 28/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, kt6747