Tennis : w/c 25 Oct St Pietersburg, Vienna + Other

More
2 years 6 months ago #1 by The Vann
Only WTA coverage on local TV last week. Not something I generally watch or lose money on. Thanks Quill for putting up a few bets.

Vienna

Alcaraz v Evans
From what I gather this will be the youngsters first tournament on indoor hard. It's been a long season for him and I would rate this match as 9/10 choice or slightly favor Evans if pushed so the odds look reasonable

Evans win @ 11/10
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #2 by The Vann
Vienna

De Minaur v Anderson
The match of two sick notes. Pretty even but Anderson has come through two qualifiers unscathed so slightly fancy him.

Hurkacz v Murray
These players have met twice in the past two months on hard and Hurkacz has won both with identical scores 7-6 6-3.

Anderson/Hurkacz Win @ 18/10

More
2 years 6 months ago #3 by The Vann
Vienna
Two bets and two losses. Need the famous Brent recovery bet.

Popyrin v Berrettini
The Aussie youngster is more suited to clay and my Mother-in-Laws latest Italian Stallion should cruise this.

Match games under 22.5 @ 9/10

More
2 years 6 months ago #4 by The Vann
Vienna
Watching some tennis after the cricket. No stand out longer odds so going with the double..Think Zverev should cruise and Novak will not have a better opportunity then this evening to win a match at home.

Zverev win 2-0/Novak win @ 15/10

More
2 years 5 months ago #5 by The Vann
Watching the cricket first up so will miss the early matches in Vienna but could not resist a punt when checking the list. If you are ancient you will know that any wheels with a "SSS" label was tops.

Sonego/Sinner/Schwartzman @ 14/10

More
2 years 5 months ago #6 by Quill

The Vann wrote: Watching the cricket first up so will miss the early matches in Vienna but could not resist a punt when checking the list. If you are ancient you will know that any wheels with a "SSS" label was tops.

Sonego/Sinner/Schwartzman @ 14/10

I like this bet.

More
2 years 5 months ago #7 by Quill
Murray vs Alcaraz

These two players just met once recently in Indian Wells, where Murray barely managed to handle Alcaraz's firepower on an extremely slow Indian Wells court 5-7 6-3 6-2, after 3 hours, but that task may be tougher in Vienna.
This is another difficult test following another grueling victory, as Murray needed two hours and 40 minutes to upset Hubert Hurkacz.

On the other hand, Alcaraz was impressive in his win over Evans, 6-4 6-3. He has had a great year so far, which lifted him up to no. 42 in the world and qualified for the Next Gen Finals to be held in Milan.

Bet: Alcaraz @2.50

P.S. I see the odds for Alcaraz going up very fast and very much, as it was 2.20 10 minutes ago and now an Alcaraz win pays 2.50.
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann

More
2 years 5 months ago #8 by The Vann
Murray v Alcaraz
I think the slightly faster court will suit Murray and he pretty much had the kids number in the second and third sets. In the Evans match Alcaraz gave him the back hand down the line winner over ten times and Evans never made it once. Murray makes that shot nearly every time. I'm taking a few beers on a bet which I think covers Quill's and my scenario.

Murray Under 12.5 games @ 19/20

More
2 years 5 months ago #9 by The Vann
Top call Quill - We both make a few pence.

Basilashvili v Berrettini
Thought Berrettini looked a little out of sorts against Popyrin and I think Basilashvili could take this match to a third set.

Total sets over 2.5 @ 5/4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill

More
2 years 5 months ago #10 by Quill
Ruud vs Sonego

Ruud has beaten Sonego two times, both on clay and on hard. Last time they met was in San Diego a few weeks ago, when Ruud won in a dominant fashion, 6-1 6-4.
It looks like Ruud owns Sonego.

Bet 1: Ruud 2-0 @2.15
Bet 2: Under 22.5 games @1.93
Bet 3: Ruud -3 @1.91

More
2 years 5 months ago #11 by Quill
Novak vs Sinner

Novak made the most of his opportunity as a Wild Card in the first round, and beat Mager in a hard fought 7-6 7-6.
Next up for no. 116 in the world is a huge step up in competition, as he is now facing Sinner.
Sinner has been one of the best players on tour this year.
In the first round here he dispatched Opelka in two routine sets, 6-4 6-2 in 1 hour 4 minutes, without facing a single break point.
Most recently he won the titles in Washington and Antwerp.

Bet: Total Games Under 19.5 @2.01

More
2 years 5 months ago #12 by Quill
ATP St Petersburg

RB Agut vs Cilic

Cilic is leading Agut 5-2 H2H and 3-0 on indoor hard courts. This tournament is on indoor hard court and Cilic is in great form. He is coming off a final in Moscow and in the first two rounds here he beat Ramos in straight sets and then crowd favourite Khachanov 2-1.

Bet: Cilic @2.16

More
2 years 5 months ago #13 by Quill
ATP Vienna

Tiafoe vs Schwartzman

Both players are in very good form.
Tiafoe has just beaten Tsitsipas for the second time this year.
Schwartzman is coming after two very good wins against Fognini and Monfils.
These two players met two times so far, both times this year. Schwartzman won both times, however both matches were 3-setters, once on clay and once on hard court.

Bet 1: Over 22.5 games @1.93
Bet 2: Over 2.5 sets @2.37

More
2 years 5 months ago #14 by The Vann

Quill wrote: ATP Vienna

Tiafoe vs Schwartzman

Both players are in very good form.
Tiafoe has just beaten Tsitsipas for the second time this year.
Schwartzman is coming after two very good wins against Fognini and Monfils.
These two players met two times so far, both times this year. Schwartzman won both times, however both matches were 3-setters, once on clay and once on hard court.

Bet 1: Over 22.5 games @1.93
Bet 2: Over 2.5 sets @2.37

Joining on that sets bet.

More
2 years 5 months ago #15 by Matador
Cilic to win - good form and the experience to pull him through.

A shade off evens @ Sunbet

More
2 years 5 months ago #16 by The Vann
Tiafoe v Zverev

I think your best chance against Zverev is to get off to a good start. In all three matches where Tiafoe has gone the distance here he has lost the first set. If he starts slow against Zverev I think we have a short match here

Total Match Games under 21.5 @ 21/20

More
2 years 5 months ago #17 by Quill
WTA Courmayeur - Final

Vekic vs Tauson

Tauson is a very talented player and she showed this season that she can take it up to the best players on tour.
In 2021 she's had only one defeat on indoor courts at WTA level, having won two WTA titles indoor this year, Lyon and Luxembourg.
She has an attacking game and a very good serve.

On the other hand, Vekic is an experienced player, she was in top 20, and she also likes fast playing conditions.
Both players have a very good serve and I expect this to be a long match.

Bet 1: Over 21.5 games @1.96
Bet 2: Over 2.5 sets @2.40