Super Rugby, Gallagher Prem and URC finals, Currie Cup semi's 17-19 June

More
1 year 9 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
Phew I haven't had a weekend like that in a while. I just couldn't do anything right and my small bets arrived and big ones went missing. I chased (on Leinster) and lost and things were looking bleak on Saturday evening.

I decided to chase on the Newsletter Best Bet Leicester -9.5 but the problem was the market had shifted to -11.5. I climbed in with a 10 unit play and was behind from the start as the Saints were the better team in the 1st half. Leicester fought back but when they led by 10 you can imagine what I was thinking. Thankfully Ford landed a last minute penalty to deliver the win and salvage the weekend from a disaster to a manageable loss.

Onto this weekend and it is a Finals weekend - here are my project handicaps with actual caps where available in brackets

Gallagher Prem

Leicester +4.5 (+5.5) v Saracens (played at Twickenham

Super Rugby Pacific

Blues -3.5 (-1.5) v Crusaders

URC Final

Stormers -3.5 (-1.5) v Bulls

Currie Cup semi's

Cheetahs -14.5 v Pumas
Bulls -2.5 v Griquas

THE HANDICAP
Don’t miss our live rugby betting show THE HANDICAP “Rugby chat that matters” on Thursday night 21h00 SA time – Here is the link to view the Goodforthegame You Tube Channel www.youtube.com/c/GoodforthegameTV/videos

JOIN THE BATTLE AGAINST THE BOOKMAKERS
Chat rugby betting with us - Create a forum account www.goodforthegame.co.za/Create-an-account.html - any problems with registration e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Here is the link to subscribe to the free weekly Goodforthegame Newsletter with BEST BET and usually a double digit acca bit.ly/bettingmail

Have a good one lads!

BG

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #2 by Chiefie

Brent Graham wrote: Phew I haven't had a weekend like that in a while. I just couldn't do anything right and my small bets arrived and big ones went missing. I chased (on Leinster) and lost and things were looking bleak on Saturday evening.

I decided to chase on the Newsletter Best Bet Leicester -9.5 but the problem was the market had shifted to -11.5. I climbed in with a 10 unit play and was behind from the start as the Saints were the better team in the 1st half. Leicester fought back but when they led by 10 you can imagine what I was thinking. Thankfully Ford landed a last minute penalty to deliver the win and salvage the weekend from a disaster to a manageable loss.

Onto this weekend and it is a Finals weekend - here are my project handicaps with actual caps where available in brackets

Gallagher Prem

Leicester +4.5 (+5.5) v Saracens (played at Twickenham

Super Rugby Pacific

Blues -3.5 (-1.5) v Crusaders

URC Final

Stormers -3.5 (-1.5) v Bulls

Currie Cup semi's

Cheetahs -14.5 v Pumas
Bulls -2.5 v Griquas

THE HANDICAP
Don’t miss our live rugby betting show THE HANDICAP “Rugby chat that matters” on Thursday night 21h00 SA time – Here is the link to view the Goodforthegame You Tube Channel www.youtube.com/c/GoodforthegameTV/videos

JOIN THE BATTLE AGAINST THE BOOKMAKERS
Chat rugby betting with us - Create a forum account www.goodforthegame.co.za/Create-an-account.html - any problems with registration e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Here is the link to subscribe to the free weekly Goodforthegame Newsletter with BEST BET and usually a double digit acca bit.ly/bettingmail

Have a good one lads!

BG

Will be firing massively into unders across all 3 finals this upcoming weekend. It’s going to be boring and I cannot wait.

Alternative totals, aiming for under 55.5-58.5 at 1/2 odds, in a treble - easy money.

Cleaned up this weekend on unders across URC, super and Premiership games.

More
1 year 9 months ago #3 by catsmug
Bulls to beat the Stormers I am amazed that they not favourites.

As you go through life it’s a long, long road. There’ll be joys and sorrows too

More
1 year 9 months ago #4 by Winslow Lee
Bulls on the board @ 2.25 - Betway. I think the Bulls will win a close one. Finals rugby and the early value is with the Bulls. Bar team news, doubt we'll see a better price later on.

More
1 year 9 months ago #5 by Brent Graham
Currie Cup handicaps are out and here is how WSB's in brackets compare to mine

Cheetahs -14.5 (-10.5) v Pumas
Bulls -2.5 (-5.5) v Griquas

I make Griquas big runners to beat the Bulls and aso like the Cheetahs minus a bit

More
1 year 9 months ago #6 by ThoughtsOnSports
Griquas +6.5 vs Bulls

Wrong favourite.

twitter: @ThoughtsOnSports
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
1 year 9 months ago #7 by Brent Graham
The Betting Stig makes a return on tonights show joining Crowe Tips and myself live at 21h00

Click here to watch on You Tube

More
1 year 9 months ago #8 by Couch Critic
Very disappointed in Chris buckling on the Stormers like that!

In Kitshoff, Malherbe and Neethling we trust. Stormers switched off for an hour last week and still won. Dobbo will spread his chilled vibes through his squad and they will trump a highly strung Bulls unit thinking they're coming for war in the shadow of the mountain. As Chris said - this Stormers outfit have zero fear, they know they have the Bulls' number.

Stormers 1-12 at 18/10
Stormers race to 10 points at 8/10
And will look for a nice price on Bulls unders if it looks decent.

Twitter: @HDiemont

More
1 year 9 months ago #9 by Brent Graham
Bulls v Griquas betting preview

Griquas on the board at 13/8 and looking forward to points lines

Blues v Crusaders Super Rugby Pacific Final Betting Preview

Taking the panelists on and going Blues

More
1 year 9 months ago #10 by Brent Graham
Stormers v Blue Bulls URC Final Betting Preview

Bulls board for me although not sure it isn't worth waiting as they appear to be drifting

Cheetahs v Pumas Currie Cup Final Betting Preview

Cheetahs minus 10.5

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #11 by Chiefie
Absolutely firing in to this double:
Blues v Crusaders: Either team to win by 7.5 or less (2.15-1)
Stormers v Bulls: Either team to win by 7.5 or less (Evens)
Double @ 4.20-1

Bulls v Griquas Points line at 55.5 @ 1.87 -1
Firing overs.

Good luck all.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Chiefie.

More
1 year 9 months ago #12 by Brent Graham
I see the Bulls Griquas points line up to 59.5 - strange at 55.5 I am on overs but just 4 points difference and I am thinking it is high for a semi - going to ponder for a while

More
1 year 9 months ago #13 by Brent Graham
Settled in u7.5 tries at 17/20

More
1 year 9 months ago #14 by Chiefie

Brent Graham wrote: Settled in u7.5 tries at 17/20

Trap bet on the overs. Fail

More
1 year 9 months ago #15 by Chiefie

Chiefie wrote:

Brent Graham wrote: Settled in u7.5 tries at 17/20

Trap bet on the overs. Fail

The lights have turned off, they’re rigged to motion sensors, so… that’s all you need to know.

More
1 year 9 months ago #16 by southpaw
Nice one Griquas punters. Tailed the Twitter lads on that one, geez they were more confident than me but were bang on the money.

I’ve just seen total points for super rugby final. weather looks dreadful but 2 x nz sides on pitch that takes wet well. I can’t resist -

Over 39.5 points @ 17/20

More
1 year 9 months ago #17 by Brad Breath
Crusaders for me, +1.5 @ 1.91

More
1 year 9 months ago #18 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Nice one Griquas punters. Tailed the Twitter lads on that one, geez they were more confident than me but were bang on the money.

I’ve just seen total points for super rugby final. weather looks dreadful but 2 x nz sides on pitch that takes wet well. I can’t resist -

Over 39.5 points @ 17/20

[/b]

Yes I got suckered into this - going well I see, 3 points scored in the 1st quarter ...... :-o

More
1 year 9 months ago #19 by southpaw
Jameson sometimes things go your way sometimes they don’t. Plenty Saders try scoring chances so far but just didn’t stick. We all knew points was a risk bet given conditions, I’m fine with that. Many games I have cleaned up on points when nz sides play in wet. Swings and roundabouts.

More
1 year 9 months ago #20 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Jameson sometimes things go your way sometimes they don’t. Plenty Saders try scoring chances so far but just didn’t stick. We all knew points was a risk bet given conditions, I’m fine with that. Many games I have cleaned up on points when nz sides play in wet. Swings and roundabouts.

Of course! But I like a good whinge !

It would be nice if occasionally things would get off to a good start though :-)

More
1 year 9 months ago #21 by southpaw

Jameson wrote:

southpaw wrote: Jameson sometimes things go your way sometimes they don’t. Plenty Saders try scoring chances so far but just didn’t stick. We all knew points was a risk bet given conditions, I’m fine with that. Many games I have cleaned up on points when nz sides play in wet. Swings and roundabouts.

Of course! But I like a good whinge !

It would be nice if occasionally things would get off to a good start though :-)

Know what you mean, could have been a try in first 2 min, who knows scoreline if that had gone over. :dry:

More
1 year 9 months ago #22 by southpaw
On back foot already for day.

Sitting on an early tournament 1 unit @ 25/1 Bulls outright ( also had same bet Sharks). Tempted to just stick a dozen units on Stormers and take the money middle, but could really do with the whole lot. Mulling over next few hours.

Any conditions thoughts from the CT locals?

More
1 year 9 months ago #23 by hanrick

southpaw wrote: On back foot already for day.

Sitting on an early tournament 1 unit @ 25/1 Bulls outright ( also had same bet Sharks). Tempted to just stick a dozen units on Stormers and take the money middle, but could really do with the whole lot. Mulling over next few hours.

Any conditions thoughts from the CT locals?

Rain has passed and won't be too windy. Will be good conditions imo

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart

More
1 year 9 months ago #24 by Brent Graham
Over 54.5 8/10 in the Cheetahs game

More
1 year 9 months ago #25 by Brent Graham
under 45.5 Sarries game Bull o18,5 at just over 2/1 - fire

More
1 year 9 months ago #26 by southpaw
Stormers v Bulls - Over 41.5 @ just under 9/10 ( overtime included)

More
1 year 9 months ago #27 by The Vann
Was very happy with my Stormers by less then 12.5 and managed to ignore totals. Should not have read the boards because I now hold a second ticket on the match which should probably be priced higher then the odds I got

Stormers v Bulls
Match tries over 4.5 @ 12/10

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #28 by Chiefie
Desperate for Bulls and Stormers, either team to win by 7 or less to get me out of a massive whole.

Pray everyone. Pray.

And Manie libboks kicking is going to cost me this bet. I see it now. The tik riddled bastard.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Chiefie.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #29 by Bookie Basher
You guys braver than me!

Stats suggest otherwise based on previous head to heads between Stormers and Bulls in CT:

09-04-22 Stormers 19-17 Bulls URC (3 tries)
08.05.21 Stormers 16-20 Bulls RC (3 tries)
08.02.20 Stormers 13-0 Bulls SR (2 tries)

Given the magnitude of the game, I'd be hesitant backing overs plays but good luck to all getting involved!
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Bookie Basher.

More
1 year 9 months ago #30 by Chiefie

Chiefie wrote: Desperate for Bulls and Stormers, either team to win by 7 or less to get me out of a massive whole.

Pray everyone. Pray.

And Manie libboks kicking is going to cost me this bet. I see it now. The tik riddled bastard.

More
1 year 9 months ago #31 by Jameson

Chiefie wrote: Desperate for Bulls and Stormers, either team to win by 7 or less to get me out of a massive whole.

Pray everyone. Pray.

lol I feel for you dude - no better for me, I'm on a long running 'overs' losing streak ......

More
1 year 9 months ago #32 by Chiefie

Jameson wrote:

Pray everyone. Pray.

lol I feel for you dude - no better for me, I'm on a long running 'overs' losing streak ......

Libbok you lekka kak kicking poephole.
Deon Fourie looks like a reach for a dream kid.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #33 by Jameson
England v Barbarians today anyone?

Points line is around 69.5 , seems high even for a chuck around like this?

Edit: maybe not, I see the last 2 times they played the total points was 90 and over 100!
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Jameson.

More
1 year 9 months ago #34 by southpaw

Jameson wrote: England v Barbarians today anyone?

Edit: maybe not, I see the last 2 times they played the total points was 90 and over 100!

Eyeing out over total tries, 10.5 the line around 11/10, if can get 8/11 or better on 9.5 will fire, but may take the 10.5 if nothing comes.

More
1 year 9 months ago #35 by The Vann

southpaw wrote:

Jameson wrote: England v Barbarians today anyone?

Eyeing out over total tries, 10.5 the line around 11/10, if can get 8/11 or better on 9.5 will fire, but may take the 10.5 if nothing comes.

7/10 At Sunbet on the 9.5 tries line if you still hold an account locally South. I have taken a chunk.

More
1 year 9 months ago #36 by Experienced Novice
"French" Barbarians on the plus handicap. Menacing looking team with Penaud, Vakatawa, Botia, Ollivon, Skelton etc.

More
1 year 9 months ago #37 by Quill
England vs Barbarians

The Barbarians are led by the French manager Fabien Galthié, who brought a predominantly French squad.
However they are without any members of the four semi-finalists from the Top 14 play-offs. Nearly one-third of this Barbarians team were in France’s extended Six Nations squad earlier this year.

For England, Eddie Jones was not able to select a full-strength squad for this match because of the Premiership play-offs.

Galthié has promised to uphold the “precious heritage” of the Barbarians’ side and subscribe to the “attacking, adventurous, ambitious way to play”. The coach was reportedly airing some of the Barbarians’ most memorable moments - such as Gareth Edwards’ 1973 try against New Zealand (described by some as the best of all time) - for inspiration during the week.

Marcus Smith was the leading point-scorer of the 2022 Six Nations.
Barbarians winger Damian Penaud was one of four players to score tries in multiple games during that same tournament and has recorded tries in six of his last 11 matches for any team.

Bet 1: Over 69.5 points @1.91
Bet 2: HT Over 32.5 points @1.83
Bet 3: Marcus Smith anytime try scorer @2.60
Bet 4: Damian Penaud anytime try scorer @2.10

More
1 year 9 months ago #38 by southpaw
A shade under my typical min odds of 8/11 but I’m going in - over 9.5 total tries Eng v barbarians

More
1 year 9 months ago #39 by coil
Cool conditions today , tiny chance of a few light showers .

Eyetalian referee which poses a worry but should be prone to overs .

Conditions should be no issue.

I like the Baa Baas but the cap could be very well set . Looking at plus pre match and if poms score early I'll get on again .

The points line no doubt you will sweat but should be overs .

Enjoy !

More
1 year 9 months ago #40 by southpaw
Overs dead already. This game completely sums up my rugby form this weekend. Couldn’t pick a winner in a one horse race. Every bet poisoned from the start. Thank god a break in rugby fixtures coming up.

More
1 year 9 months ago #41 by coil
It's ridiculous , never seen so many handling errors , clown commentators still raving about the match . It's funny but Baa Baas games a complete waste of time if they carry on like this , it's a terrible product . Now against 14 men lets hope for some space .

More
1 year 9 months ago #42 by Quill
I had a lousy over 32.5 points at half time and they leave 10 points on the park! :angry:

Luckily Penaud crossed the line for my try bet. :cheer:

Marcus Smith owes me money and there are two ways he can pay me.
Come on Marcus! You know what to do! Score that try and convert those points, because we need every point.

More
1 year 9 months ago #43 by Quill

More
1 year 9 months ago #44 by Quill
Marcus Smith :kiss: :beer

And of course he missed the conversion.
They should take lessons from the rugby league kickers, amazing how they convert from those tight angles.

More
1 year 9 months ago #45 by southpaw
The old reverse psychology moan did the trick!! Geez that was stressful got way too involved and in truth so relieved the red opened things up. Thank goodness.

More
1 year 9 months ago #46 by Quill

southpaw wrote: The old reverse psychology moan did the trick!! Geez that was stressful got way too involved and in truth so relieved the red opened things up. Thank goodness.

That's good jinxing! :beer

Chiefie is good at it too :lol:

More
1 year 9 months ago #47 by Quill

Quill wrote:
Bet 1: Over 69.5 points @1.91
Bet 2: HT Over 32.5 points @1.83
Bet 3: Marcus Smith anytime try scorer @2.60
Bet 4: Damian Penaud anytime try scorer @2.10

Except the half time bet, all came home and at nice odds too!
This match was a weekend saviour for me.

More
1 year 9 months ago #48 by Chiefie

Quill wrote:

southpaw wrote: The old reverse psychology moan did the trick!! Geez that was stressful got way too involved and in truth so relieved the red opened things up. Thank goodness.

That's good jinxing! :beer

Chiefie is good at it too :lol:

George Kruis back heeling a conversion to win or lose a bet. Guys, it’s not worth it. It’s just not.