URC Week 14, Gallagher Prem Week 17 + other rugby Feb 17-19

More
1 year 2 months ago #1 by Brent Graham
A poor weekend of rugby punting for me

My main play was under 44.5 in Dublin and that was pretty much dead at the break - problem is I chased with some France in play punts to compound the problem. Full marks to Ireland who were brilliant and their fitness is top drawer as well. France a slight drift in RWC betting to 3/1 (from 5/2) and rightly so

I like Scotland overs but went for a speculative both teams to score 20 or more punt at 2/1 a bet I have never taken before - Scots were great and Finn Russell a genius, Baffled as to why Wales bought Gatland back and they look awful

Didn't get involved in England game but had the newsletter treble finishing on England over 37.5 points and I was really disappointed with that 2nd half and especially the final 10 minutes. Italy well beaten but showed again how much they have stepped up by refusing to be blown away. Farrell not the answer a 10 for me

This week we have URC including 2 local derbies and the Gallagher.

Look forward to your thoughts

REQUEST
Guys this forum is generally very constructive but occasionally things can get out of hand and unpleasant. I will consider anything that happened this weekend done and dusted but going forward lets keep the posts respectful even if as is often the case we disagree with each other.

Overall though all contributors play their part in the forum and this is highly appreciated by Chris and myself

THE HANDICAP
Don’t miss our live rugby betting show THE HANDICAP “Rugby chat that matters” on Thursday night 21h00 SA time – Here is the link to view the Goodforthegame You Tube Channel www.youtube.com/c/GoodforthegameTV/videos

JOIN THE BATTLE AGAINST THE BOOKMAKERS
Chat rugby betting with us - Create a forum account www.goodforthegame.co.za/Create-an-account.html - any problems with registration e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

WEEKLY NEWSLETTER
Here is the link to subscribe to the free weekly Goodforthegame Newsletter with BEST BET and usually a double digit acca bit.ly/bettingmail

Cheers BG

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Quill, Stoossy, Brad Breath, Kirky, wslark1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #2 by Kirky
Hi Brent & Chris,
Can't you give us the avatars back ?
Pretty please :) :whistle:

More
1 year 2 months ago #3 by Brent Graham
Hi Kirky - 1st up well done on your weekend!

Regards Avatars - sorry I have been dragging my heels on this - it seems we may need a new forum which I have been meaning to do - let me take this forward and will give feedback by the end of the week.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
1 year 2 months ago #4 by hanrick
Hi guys

I've been very quiet on here for a while now. Been betting, but not been in good form and scaled down on stakes. Getting back into things and had a look at the URC caps now. There is one that particularly like.

Ospreys has impressed me a lot lately, especially their scrum. They are away to Munster on Friday, and while Munster has definitely improved under Rowntree (and my wallet is lighter because of this), I reckon Ospreys can push them close. I snoozed on the +18.5 and see the handicap is down to 15.5. I reckon that is still a converted try too much.

Ospreys +15.5 at 8/10
Ospreys +12.5 at 1.15/1
Ospreys +9.5 at 1.59/1

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Kirky

More
1 year 2 months ago #5 by NastyNate
Agree with Hanrick. Ospreys been very impressive last few months. Munster have definitely turned around their season (I think game against SA A was turning point) but I think they are giving Ospreys too many points here. Anything over two converted tries is a take.

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #6 by Kirky

hanrick wrote: Hi guys

I've been very quiet on here for a while now. Been betting, but not been in good form and scaled down on stakes. Getting back into things and had a look at the URC caps now. There is one that particularly like.

Ospreys has impressed me a lot lately, especially their scrum. They are away to Munster on Friday, and while Munster has definitely improved under Rowntree (and my wallet is lighter because of this), I reckon Ospreys can push them close. I snoozed on the +18.5 and see the handicap is down to 15.5. I reckon that is still a converted try too much.

Ospreys +15.5 at 8/10
Ospreys +12.5 at 1.15/1
Ospreys +9.5 at 1.59/1

Yes, it's good to see you back H. just in time for Super Pacifica too :woohoo:

The Osprey's + is especialy good because AWJ will have a point to prove to Gatland. He'll play like a man possessed.

Another sitter is Leinster to beat Dragons by more than 30: -24.5 @ 1.90 Sunbet.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Kirky. Reason: more thought
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
1 year 2 months ago #7 by Brent Graham
Great to have you back Hanrick

A lot has changed since you took some time off - Kirky is now the form punter on the forum :lol:

Kirky I like that as well - I see Leinster getting quite a few players back this weekend

More
1 year 2 months ago #8 by wslark1
As far as I am aware (Same as November internationals) - No Welsh players get released during the international period. They all stay with the Wales team for the duration of the comp

More
1 year 2 months ago #9 by Kirky

wslark1 wrote: As far as I am aware (Same as November internationals) - No Welsh players get released during the international period. They all stay with the Wales team for the duration of the comp

A spoiler alert :lol: :) Thanks wslark, I wasn't sure. Some get released and others don't.

What I do remember from previous years is that this is an extremely difficult period to punt in because of the 6N.

I still fancy those 2 bets as Ospreys are more than just AWJ. They're well coached and they'll definitely keep it tight. Munster shouldn't run away with it.

Leinster's B team is as good as most A teams, and they've seldom let their AVIVA home fans down in that they're ruthless. Also the B team guys want to impress enough to get A-game time. They should get the Dragons by over 30.

I've pulled the trigger on them both and a combo, for 5 units each (15), with Sunbet. :woohoo:

More
1 year 2 months ago #10 by wslark1
My favorite time to punt is when team sheets are all over the place, use the right sources and groups you can be ahead of the bookies ;)

We'll all help each other when we can!

I do agree, the Ospreys line is a tad high. I do know Munster had some Irish players released (Coombes etc)

Exactly, people like Osbourne will be playing for Leinster. I too have a tad on that line!

More
1 year 2 months ago #11 by Pablo
No players released by Wales so Ospreys with at least 14 absences. Apart from the front row, rest of the lines very weakened.

Munster can field a pretty strong lineup, so not sure value are with the welsh.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky, wslark1

More
1 year 2 months ago #12 by Kirky

Pablo wrote: No players released by Wales so Ospreys with at least 14 absences. Apart from the front row, rest of the lines very weakened.

Aaahh man, Wales is a mess..
Anyway I'm in...

More
1 year 2 months ago #13 by Pablo

Pablo wrote: No players released by Wales so Ospreys with at least 14 absences. Apart from the front row, rest of the lines very weakened.

I see with pleasant someone from this forum took advantage of this info and posted Munster handicap on twitter just 15 minutes after I wrote it here. Problem is that line moved quickly, due to low limits, so some colleagues here may not have the chance to take the opening line.

Not very clever movement ...

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #14 by Kirky
Munster line hasn't moved at Sunbet. Still @ -16.5

OK, so I've chickened-out.

Took cover for my Ospreys + with Munster -16.5.

In light of what has emerged since, I reckon Munster with beat them by 20.

Going to ponder a bit on the other Welsh teams...

Guys, with all the shit going on in Welsh rugby atm, Gatland not releasing players and the contract disputes, talk of strikes etc. These other URC games where Cardiff & Scarletts are the favorites against Benetton & Edinburgh - These will surely be lost too.

I'm having a punt on them. :woohoo: :woohoo: :beer
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Kirky. Reason: more thought

More
1 year 2 months ago #15 by Pablo

Kirky wrote: Munster line hasn't moved at Sunbet. Still @ -16.5

OK, so I've chickened-out.

Took cover for my Ospreys + with Munster -16.5.

In light of what has emerged since, I reckon Munster with beat them by 20.

Going to ponder a bit on the other Welsh teams...

Guys, with all the shit going on in Welsh rugby atm, Gatland not releasing players and the contract disputes, talk of strikes etc. These other URC games where Cardiff & Scarletts are the favorites against Benetton & Edinburgh - These will surely be lost too.

I'm having a punt on them. :woohoo: :woohoo: :beer

I like Benetton +8.5 as well but their away record is awful and not sure how many internacionals brought back for this game. Allan is back for Quins so expect some of them back but I didnt see anything about that. Anyway, they can field an exciting team though.

Same vibes with Edinburgh dnb, with Cherry and Watson back.

Newcastle +8.5 looks valuable as well as they field a pretty tasty team.

More
1 year 2 months ago #16 by Brent Graham
The Handicap live at 21h00 and aside from URC and Gallagher Chat we will have a couple of vouchers to give away

Click here to watch on You Tube

More
1 year 2 months ago #17 by Brent Graham
Just 1 bet for me tonight and that is under 49.5 in Glasgow v Ulster

An important game for both sides and weather looks pretty grim

More
1 year 2 months ago #18 by hanrick

Ospreys +15.5 at 8/10
Ospreys +12.5 at 1.15/1
Ospreys +9.5 at 1.59/1

Have taken some more Ospreys +19.5 at 17/20.

Nicky Smith and Tom Botha will make it a long night for the Munster scrum.

More
1 year 2 months ago #19 by Mondo86
The question of the weekend is are we going to fall into the Ellis park overs trap?

The ref looks likes his McFlurries and I can see him slowing it down as much as possible -

More
1 year 2 months ago #20 by Laraxwell
Yes Ospreys scrum has gone well.in recent games but so too Munsters'
Salanoa and Kleyn line out tonight and are big beasts on the Tighthead side. Much lighter 2 x Wycherleys on loosehead side so will watch scrum battle with interest. No bet for me but best of luck with bets

More
1 year 2 months ago #21 by hanrick

hanrick wrote:

Ospreys +15.5 at 8/10
Ospreys +12.5 at 1.15/1
Ospreys +9.5 at 1.59/1

Have taken some more Ospreys +19.5 at 17/20.

Nicky Smith and Tom Botha will make it a long night for the Munster scrum.

Ospreys over 12.5 points at 17/20

More
1 year 2 months ago #22 by Laraxwell
Well you have conviction Hanrick - I give you that!

Just hope you haven't put your dear Granny's pension on it!

More
1 year 2 months ago #23 by Laraxwell
Hard lines Hanrick.

I have huge respect for you and your work here and have no doubt you will hit a winning run soon

More
1 year 2 months ago #24 by grp11
I agree. I very rarely comment, but I love this forum and the weekly shows.

Long live this forum!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Stoossy, Kirky

More
1 year 2 months ago #25 by Kirky
Guys, the Ospreys weren't beaten last night, the were hammered !

These Welsh lads are reportedly so f'kded up, that some of them are on meds for depression.

As the old saying goes: 'if you can't kick a man when he's down, then what's the point', we (punters) don't get opportunities like this often.

Cardiff -5.5 v Benetton
Scarletts -1.5 v Edinburgh
Leinster -28.5 v Dragons

The evidence of last night says these Welsh teams are going to lose by 'lots'.

I've filled my boots with them, and suggest the same.
Good luck.

More
1 year 2 months ago #26 by mackem
Lions v Sharks from Brent

goodforthegame.co.za/United-Rugby-Champi...review-and-tips.html

4 units Sharks -4.5 points at 9/10 with WSB

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
1 year 2 months ago #27 by mackem
Bulls v Stormers from Brent

4 units Bulls -2.5 points half time handicap, 9/10 with Sunbet

twitter: @goodforthegame

More
1 year 2 months ago #28 by Mondo86

mackem wrote: Bulls v Stormers from Brent

4 units Bulls -2.5 points half time handicap, 9/10 with Sunbet

What’s the thinking on this? The Stormers have shot out of the blocks in most of their games this year with a fade in the second half - I would have thought it much more likely that Stormers +2.5 HT with the Bulls then pulling away with altitude kicking in!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

More
1 year 2 months ago #29 by Brent Graham
Hi Mondo

I am tagging @theCrowetips on this one and he felt that with a strong crowd behind them they would grab the early initiative

The Bulls used to be known for fast starts at Loftus so I m hoping we get one

Altitude could be a factor but I feel it counts less in SA Derbies but lets see

More
1 year 2 months ago #30 by Brent Graham
Guys there is some weather about still and light rain where I sat at the moment about 20km from Ellis and 60km from Loftus

I think the bookies have adjusted though and my main bet for the day is the double Shaks over 26.5 onto Bulls over 27.5 at Sunbet - works out 2.61/1

More
1 year 2 months ago #31 by southpaw
Over 48.5 @ 5/6 lions sharks

More
1 year 2 months ago #32 by southpaw
Possibly guilty of a reaction bet here, lions woeful.

Bulls stormers over 47.5 @ 10/11

Hoping it stays dry.

More
1 year 2 months ago #33 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Possibly guilty of a reaction bet here, lions woeful.

Bulls stormers over 47.5 @ 10/11

Hoping it stays dry.

I went over 39.5 in the Lions game and still lost. I think that's 7 consecutive overs losses. You would think I would learn!

More
1 year 2 months ago #34 by Brent Graham
Still cant catch a HT cap

Taken over 46.5 at 17/20 Betx at the break - got a feel it is going to open

More
1 year 2 months ago #35 by coil
Fuk me , I had small bets during the day and decided to have a right jolly strike on Edinburgh , Scarlets start the game like they're on steroids and quickly stretch to a 14-0 lead and never let up . Amazing . Historically Edinburgh had a great record in this fixture but looked like they had enjoyed a right feed of Jack's pies before the game . Horrid .

I'm lumping on Leinster in the next minus 30.5 and also over Leinster 44.5 points , fingers crossed but half expecting the Welsh fukers to spoil the party . Sorry any Taff's ;)

More
1 year 2 months ago #36 by Jameson

coil wrote: Fuk me , I had small bets during the day and decided to have a right jolly strike on Edinburgh , Scarlets start the game like they're on steroids and quickly stretch to a 14-0 lead and never let up . Amazing . Historically Edinburgh had a great record in this fixture but looked like they had enjoyed a right feed of Jack's pies before the game . Horrid .

I'm lumping on Leinster in the next minus 30.5 and also over Leinster 44.5 points , fingers crossed but half expecting the Welsh fukers to spoil the party . Sorry any Taff's ;)

lol, this particular Welsh fucker is on the Welsh fuckers +30! :-)

More
1 year 2 months ago #37 by Laraxwell
Leinster AH - 37.5 @ 41/25 Bet365

More
1 year 2 months ago #38 by coil
Sorry Jamieson , this irish fuker is sweating bullets , Dragons dominant but can't score and hogging all the possession .

More
1 year 2 months ago #39 by Jameson

coil wrote: Sorry Jamieson , this irish fuker is sweating bullets , Dragons dominant but can't score and hogging all the possession .

lol you're safe - the Dregs cant hold onto the ball. Oh well ....

More
1 year 2 months ago #40 by coil
Mike Adamson has one eye , I think you're in luck bruv !

More
1 year 2 months ago #41 by coil
Cursed ugly bastard with the biggest sceg I've ever seen hooks the conversion , both bets turn to ash , well done Jamieson ;)

More
1 year 2 months ago #42 by Chiefie

Laraxwell wrote: Leinster AH - 37.5 @ 41/25 Bet365

LOL

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #43 by Laraxwell
Nice one Jameson
A sweet missed conversion for you in the end
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Laraxwell.

More
1 year 2 months ago #44 by Jameson
Shame there had to be a loser bois - I'm just glad that on this rare occasion, it wasn't me! :-)

More
1 year 2 months ago #45 by Kirky

Kirky wrote:
Cardiff -5.5 v Benetton
Scarletts -1.5 v Edinburgh
Leinster -28.5 v Dragons

The evidence of last night says these Welsh teams are going to lose by 'lots'.

I've filled my boots with them, and suggest the same.
Good luck.

Meltdown, meltdown, meltdown,,,

And my Leinster -28.5 squeaks in by a half point. :whistle: :unsure:

What a disaster,. Well, back to my old Pay The Bookies ways :sick: :blush:

The only saving grace for me was that we had BLACKOUT for the entire evening, so I didn't have to watch my money swirling down the shitter. :(

More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #46 by Pablo
I have to take Saracens +7 ha @1.719 2u

At this line, even without their internationals, value is with them. Leicester backline is very experienced but pretty old.
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Pablo.

More
1 year 2 months ago #47 by southpaw
Portugal Romania over 48.5 @ just over 17/20

More
1 year 2 months ago #48 by coil
All over Sarries plus 6.5 at 15/20 , still a very decent side especially the backs , the forwards could struggle but will provide a good challenge for them

More
1 year 2 months ago #49 by coil
Good grief , I cannot catch a break , Tigers all over Sarries and a clear foot in touch is overlooked , just hoping the Tigers take their foot off the gas before the build up too big a lead .

More
1 year 2 months ago #50 by coil
Phew , the cap arrived and in the end how did Sarries lose that ! Unbelievable . And I could have been knobbed with that late penalty , thankfully they kicked the ball out LOL . I caught a break