Cycling w/c 27 March : Ronde van Vlaanderen + Other

More
1 year 1 month ago #1 by The Vann
Looking forward to the second monument of the year on Sunday. Today we have

Dwars door Vlaanderen
183km Of ups and downs with cobbles thrown in. Weather normal in Belgium ie cold and wet. Looks like a good course for sprinters yet they normally run out of team mates. Difficult race to pick so going with the form sprinter. Taking De Lie because I often do and would be pissed if he won when I was not on and a one day dart.

Win
Philipsen @ 10/1
De Lie @ 18/1
e/w
Wellens @ 50/1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #2 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Cycling w/c 27 March : Ronde van Vlaanderen + Other
Nils Politt Top 10 Finish @5/1

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 1 month ago #3 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling w/c 27 March : Ronde van Vlaanderen + Other
Am I right in saying Politt came 10th?

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
1 year 1 month ago #4 by kcmarinopirlo
Replied by kcmarinopirlo on topic Cycling w/c 27 March : Ronde van Vlaanderen + Other
He sure did! I was eagerly counting the sprinters ahead of him watching live and was sure he was 11th or 12th but got a pleasant surprise with the official result!

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 1 month ago #5 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Cycling w/c 27 March : Ronde van Vlaanderen + Other
Great bet

More
1 year 1 month ago #6 by kcmarinopirlo
Hard to take on the Big 3 for Ronde on Sunday but I'm going to give it a shot and hunt for value; have to say I'm a little surprised Wout is third favourite of the 3 with how well the Yellow Bees have been performing on the Cobbles so far this season? Very tempted to pile into him but;

My main selection is Dylan Teuns who is lightly raced and was 6th in this last year along with a 6th in Liege and winning La Flèche!

Dylan Teuns EW 5 places @250/1 + Top 10 Finish @11/1

Then a couple of beers on the mandatory Lotto rider I can support (one in great form) and a Fred Wright podium.

Fred Wright Top 3 Finish @40/1

Frederik Frison Top 10 Finish @20/1.

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 1 month ago #7 by Brent Graham
The only reason I can think Wout is a bigger price is that of the 3 he is the most likely to have a teammate in a break at the business end and wont be able to chase

For me he is the man to beat

More
1 year 1 month ago #8 by The Vann

kcmarinopirlo wrote: Nils Politt Top 10 Finish @5/1

Nice kc - Thought it was a pick for Ronde as we don't get any places in-play in SA.

More
1 year 1 month ago #9 by Brent Graham
Turns out I am travelling to George for my sons rugby tour today so hope to catch the last couple of hours

It should be an excellent race but hard to look past the big 3 - I am taking Pogacar at just shy of 3/1

Only other bet Powelss top 6 at 5/2

Enjoy what should be a cracking race

More
1 year 1 month ago #10 by The Vann
Ronde van Vlaanderen
Joining Brent on Pogs and adding
Win and Top 10
Jorgenson @ 73/1
Top 10
Turgis @ 5/1

More
1 year 1 month ago #11 by kcmarinopirlo
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I heard an insane stat that Pog has never won a one day race in which both Wout and MVP has started! Hopefully today's the day!

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 1 month ago #12 by kcmarinopirlo
As Fatih Terim of Galatasaray famously said, "Statistics are like mini-skirts, they don’t reveal everything!"

Chapeau Pogi Unbelievable Ride!

Twitter @kamalch53215288

More
1 year 1 month ago #13 by The Vann

kcmarinopirlo wrote: As Fatih Terim of Galatasaray famously said, "Statistics are like mini-skirts, they don’t reveal everything!"

Chapeau Pogi Unbelievable Ride!

:lol: Great spectacle. Full house from Brent and I'm perfectly happy with 2 from 4 in cycling.

More
1 year 1 month ago #14 by Brent Graham
What a race gents what a race - Pogacar unbelievable