URC Week 5 Gallagher Prem Week 6 plus other rugby 17-19 Nov

More
6 months 6 days ago #1 by Brent Graham
This past weekend was a really poor one for me losing my 1st 3 bets (Sharks, Bulls overs and finally the newsletter Best Bet Stormers win) and I decided to shut up shop rather than chase.
A small win on the Lions placed earlier in the week barely helped an I just feel like a short break is required.

As it happens the wife and I are going away with friends to a place with no TV and no signal this weekend and while I was initially resistant the timing could not be better. I feel like I really need a break - perhaps not from all punting but from rugby as I have been grumpy as all hell watching the games post RWC.

I will still take an acca or 2 this weekend but nothing that is going to have me driving kilometres to check my phone

Anyways here are my handicap projections for the URC

Edinburgh +2.5 v Bulls
Ulster -10.5 v Lions
Zebre +3.5 v Cardiff
Sharks -7.5 v Connacht (wonder if any Boks will be back?)
Dragons +4.5 v Ospreys
Munster -8.5 v Stormers
Glasgow -14.5 v Benetton
Leinster -24.5 v Scarlets

There is also Gallagher Prem and Top 14 - it is really disappointing that Supersport don't cover Top 14

Have a good week everyone

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 6 days ago - 6 months 5 days ago #2 by Kirky
I've been enjoying some success on the Premiership and the caps aren't out yet, so I thought I'll have a go at capping it..

Sale Sharks -17.5 vs Newcastle Falcons ( -21.5)
Bath -7.5 vs Bristol Bears ( -9.5 )
Leicester Tigers -7.5 vs Northampton Saints ( -7.5 )
Harlequins +3.5 vs Saracens ( +2.5 )
Exeter Chiefs -6.5 vs Gloucester ( -10.5 )

Edit: correction of Handicaps. The numbers in brackets for the home team in bold.

Thanx, good luck, and cheers :beer
Last edit: 6 months 5 days ago by Kirky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham

More
6 months 6 days ago #3 by shaft
Brent it's especially baffling as Canal Plus owns a stake in Multichoice...

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

More
6 months 6 days ago #4 by SirDesChamps00
Done this before any pricing of matches so please no abuse..

Rugby weekend starting 17/11:
Bankers:
Bath to beat Bristol (Fri)
Sale to beat Newcastle (Fri)
Ulster to beat Lions (Fri)
Leinster to beat Scarlets (Sat)
Glasgow to beat Benetton (Sat)
Munster to beat Stormers (Sat)
*Multi on above teams I would be strong on will be short but couldn't see any of them being beaten at home*

Handicap of interest before pricing goes up by firms:

*Leinster* at home to the Scarlets
*Leinster* have beaten Scarlets by 30 (away), 35 (home), 27 (away) in recent times. I watched Scarlets play the Lion's on Saturday they were beaten at home by 24-23 thanks to a last minute Lions converted try. Scarlets were poor, really struggled with Lions physicality. Scarlets only made 3 line breaks at home in over 80 minutes of rugby and I think they'll be in for a long night in the RDS. Leo Cullen has said in post Dragons game on Sunday that there will be more Irish players involved next week, we seen Sheehan, Joe McCarthy, Ross Byrne, Ryan Baird on Sunday so expect more big names when teams go up on Friday. Anything around -20 to -23 handicap here I will take, this may be wishful thinking.

Rest of the weekend looks difficult. Ulster may be a bet on the team points market on Friday night v Lions in Kingspan. It's a pretty big Lions pack so Ulster will want to try move them around on the new 4G all weather pitch that they've got. Anything around the 28-30 mark here weather dependant I would take.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Quill, Kirky

More
6 months 6 days ago #5 by Brent Graham
Welcome to the forum SirDesChamps00

Opening URC caps are out at WSB - their in brackets next to mine

Edinburgh +2.5 (-2.5) v Bulls
Ulster -10.5 (-13.5) v Lions
Zebre +3.5 (+4.5) v Cardiff
Sharks -7.5 (-7.5) v Connacht (wonder if any Boks will be back?)
Dragons +4.5 (+3.5) v Ospreys
Munster -8.5 (-9.5) v Stormers
Glasgow -14.5 (-10.5) v Benetton
Leinster -24.5 (-24.5) v Scarlets

3 games with significant differences of 3-4 points - of them I think the Bulls game may start choice and I fancy the Glasgow -10.5 to move loser to where I priced it at -14.5

More
6 months 6 days ago #6 by SirDesChamps00

SirDesChamps00 wrote: Done this before any pricing of matches so please no abuse..

Bankers:
*Multi on above teams I would be strong on will be short but couldn't see any of them being beaten at home*

*Leinster* have beaten Scarlets by 30 (away), 35 (home), 27 (away) in recent times. I watched Scarlets play the Lion's on Saturday they were beaten at home by 24-23 thanks to a last minute Lions converted try. Scarlets were poor, really struggled with Lions physicality. Scarlets only made 3 line breaks at home in over 80 minutes of rugby and I think they'll be in for a long night in the RDS. Leo Cullen has said in post Dragons game on Sunday that there will be more Irish players involved next week, we seen Sheehan, Joe McCarthy, Ross Byrne, Ryan Baird on Sunday so expect more big names when teams go up on Friday. Anything around -20 to -23 handicap here I will take, this may be wishful thinking.

Rest of the weekend looks difficult. Ulster may be a bet on the team points market on Friday night v Lions in Kingspan. It's a pretty big Lions pack so Ulster will want to try move them around on the new 4G all weather pitch that they've got. Anything around the 28-30 mark here weather dependant I would take.

Prices now up and I will take:

4 units on the accum of Sale, Bath, Ulster, Glasgow, Munster, Leinster @ 0.94/1 (Paddy Power)

&

2 units on Leinster -23 v Scarlets @ 10/11 (Paddy Power) (I see line has shifted to 24 whilst I type this would be ok too for me)

I use a staking of 1-5 on units, 1 being smallest bet and 5 being my max if anybody does wish to follow. Again just my opinions no abuse please. Good luck everyone

More
6 months 6 days ago #7 by SirDesChamps00
Apologies for another post, the 6 team accum of Sale, Bath, Ulster, Glasgow, Munster & Leinster pays 1.10/1 in Boylesports. Some people may not have that so I will record at the price of 0.94/1 (PP)

More
6 months 6 days ago #8 by The Vann

SirDesChamps00 wrote: Apologies for another post, the 6 team accum of Sale, Bath, Ulster, Glasgow, Munster & Leinster pays 1.10/1 in Boylesports. Some people may not have that so I will record at the price of 0.94/1 (PP)

Thanks SirDes. Good info but I would not take Munster win at anything shorter then 17/20 so I feel this acca needs to be around the 22/10 mark.

More
6 months 6 days ago #9 by SirDesChamps00
Thanks The Vann. I can see your point about Munster being too short but I just feel at home in Thomond they will get the job done, they should welcome back more internationals this weekend too. Also think Calvin Nash is playing excellent rugby for them, he's sure to be in an Irish squad come the Six Nations
The following user(s) said Thank You: The Vann, Kirky

More
6 months 4 days ago #10 by Brent Graham
Leinster the only big handicap mover gone -24.5 to -28.5

Total Points lines are out at POKERBET

More
6 months 4 days ago #11 by Mondo86
What great analysis SirDesChamps00 - Good shouts!

My Friday cheeky -

Zebre vs Cardiff over 49.5 & Edinburgh vs Bulls over 48.5 & Bath vs Bristol over 48.5 @ 4.12 (Pokerbet)

More
6 months 4 days ago #12 by GoGoNoNo
Hi,
Is there any news regarding the return of the boks for the sharks?

There is urgency for the results!

More
6 months 4 days ago #13 by Brent Graham
I read the Boks are all on a mandatory 3 week break so likely early December back I think

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky, GoGoNoNo

More
6 months 3 days ago #14 by Brent Graham
Heading on a much needed long weekend tomorrow so getting the previews done early

Edinburgh v Bulls Preview

Under 51.5

More
6 months 3 days ago #15 by Brent Graham
Ulster v Lions Preview

Lions under 18.5 at 0.87/1

More
6 months 3 days ago #16 by Brent Graham
Sharks v Connacht Preview

Connacht under 19.5 at 17/20

More
6 months 3 days ago #17 by hanrick
Zebre under 25.5 points at 0.84/1

My form has been terrible, but like this one a lot and have had a real go at it

Let the battle begin www.twitter.com/hanrickswart
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
6 months 2 days ago #18 by Brent Graham
Cheers for the show last night Understaker and Couch - going tolisten on my way to the weekend getaway which I understand is no signal so this may be the last time you hear from me till Sunday nights handicapping

Munster v Stormers Preview

More
6 months 2 days ago #19 by SirDesChamps00
Official bet:

2 units Sale -28 @ 10/11 (-27 in some firms but generally -28 with main firms)

Newcastle have named a second string team in which recognizing some of the players named was a huge challenge I will not lie, they have left out all of their main men in Radwan, Orlando, Blamire, Carreras, Moroni, etc. This is the type of selection you get in a league where there is no relegation.
Sale have slightly rotated but still have a solid looking side named with Roebuck, Joe Carpenter, Daniel Du Preez at 8, Cobus Wiese and Johnny Hill at 4&5, Ben Curry captaining at 7, and an ok looking front row with Bevan Rodd, Creevy and Harper.

Weather in Manchester is forecasted for a dry day with very light wind.

I would be surprised if Sale can't put away this Newcastle side by 30+ tonight.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, Kirky

More
6 months 2 days ago #20 by southpaw
BULLS over 22.5 @ 10/11

More
6 months 2 days ago #21 by Mondo86
Leinster over 49.5 @ 2.21

Fill your boots boys :woohoo:

More
6 months 2 days ago #22 by SirDesChamps00

SirDesChamps00 wrote: Official bet:

Newcastle have named a second string team in which recognizing some of the players named was a huge challenge I will not lie, they have left out all of their main men in Radwan, Orlando, Blamire, Carreras, Moroni, etc. This is the type of selection you get in a league where there is no relegation.
Sale have slightly rotated but still have a solid looking side named with Roebuck, Joe Carpenter, Daniel Du Preez at 8, Cobus Wiese and Johnny Hill at 4&5, Ben Curry captaining at 7, and an ok looking front row with Bevan Rodd, Creevy and Harper.

All I can do is apologize. Terrible from me

More
6 months 2 days ago #23 by Laraxwell
Please don't apologise.
Your analysis was welcome and thorough.
Punting makes fools of us all

We keep trying!

More
6 months 2 days ago #24 by Pablo

SirDesChamps00 wrote:

Apologize not needed, Sale should have won this by 40 points against an academy side.

I was at Sale -20.5 4u my biggest bet of the season, closed at -30.5 so there was big value. Second half was ludicrous.

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #25 by Kirky

Pablo wrote:

SirDesChamps00 wrote:

Apologize not needed, Sale should have won this by 40 points against an academy side.

I was at Sale -20.5 4u my biggest bet of the season, closed at -30.5 so there was big value. Second half was ludicrous.

Definitely no apologies needed Sir Des.

I was same as Pablo, but on Sale for a full 5 units, which I doubled up on at -28.5, so a massive loss for me, and nobody's fault but my own :silly:

My h/c prediction was spot-on tho: Sale Sharks -17.5 vs Newcastle Falcons ( -21.5) and game ended Sale by 18.

Also I'm no stranger to a Friday night bloodbath :P Or a catch-up Saturday :)

Does anyone concur that they've got the wrong favorite for Sharks v Connacht ?
IMO the cap should be the other way around as I'm seeing it as a huge mismatch. Can't see Plum,or anybody else, turning the Sharks around in a week, even if he got 4 Springboks back.
And I reckon this is the away game Con will be aiming to win, as well.

Anyway, I've got 5 units on the W, but I intend to double up on Connacht on a low minus (-2.5) as soon as Sunbet put it up.

Anyone see a reason that I shouldn't ?
Any reason other than I'm crap at punting winners :woohoo: :woohoo:
Luck be with us here onward lads and lassies :beer
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by Kirky. Reason: more thought
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
6 months 1 day ago #26 by southpaw
Munster Stormers

Think points line a touch too low. Conditions should be good, 44.5 tempted me in.

Over 44.5 pts @ 10/11

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #27 by Kirky
Sharks v Connacht:

Connacht -5.5 @ 5.10 Sunbet for 3 units

Roll the dice boys :beer :)
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by Kirky.

More
6 months 1 day ago #28 by Jameson

southpaw wrote: Munster Stormers

Think points line a touch too low. Conditions should be good, 44.5 tempted me in.

Over 44.5 pts @ 10/11

I've gone over 36.5 in live play - not sure even that will be good enough at this rate ....

More
6 months 1 day ago #29 by southpaw
Yep weather reports miles off, done our money here and giving back my Bills profits from last night.

More
6 months 1 day ago #30 by Brad Breath
Dragons 13 v 5 Ospreys @ HT

Ospreys down to 14 but I don't think the Drags have the mental aptitude to win by any great margin

Ospreys + 11.5 @ 1.91

More
6 months 1 day ago #31 by Jameson
Scarlets +36 pts - well, it cant get any worse can it??!! :-o

More
6 months 1 day ago - 6 months 1 day ago #32 by Laraxwell
Leinster v Scarlets
Weather in Dublin is ok but there were showers earlier
Leinster are weaning internationals back in but not sure they'll knock the lights out tonight. Difficult to get up after the emotional trials of the World Cup.

Main Match bet: Under 61.5pts
Last edit: 6 months 1 day ago by Laraxwell.

More
6 months 1 day ago #33 by Brad Breath

Brad Breath wrote: Dragons 13 v 5 Ospreys @ HT

Ospreys down to 14 but I don't think the Drags have the mental aptitude to win by any great margin

Ospreys + 11.5 @ 1.91

Yellow card put paid to this :(

Need the Leinster -23 to salute

More
6 months 1 day ago #34 by SirDesChamps00

SirDesChamps00 wrote:

SirDesChamps00 wrote: Done this before any pricing of matches so please no abuse..

Bankers:

Prices now up and I will take:

4 units on the accum of Sale, Bath, Ulster, Glasgow, Munster, Leinster @ 0.94/1 (Paddy Power)

&

2 units on Leinster -23 v Scarlets @ 10/11 (Paddy Power) (I see line has shifted to 24 whilst I type this would be ok too for me)

I use a staking of 1-5 on units, 1 being smallest bet and 5 being my max if anybody does wish to follow. Again just my opinions no abuse please. Good luck everyone

+3.58 units profit from the acca and Leinster minus, subtracting the -2 units from Sale which all I can do is apologize again for, a poor call from me.
I may not be here next week but a bet that would interest me greatly would be overs in Bulls v Connacht line dependant. I will try have a better look closer to the time
Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Quill, Kirky