URC Week 8, Gallagher Prem Week 9 + other rugby 18-25 Dec

More
4 months 1 week ago #1 by Brent Graham
Just as well I never sent a newsletter last week I had 3 bets and 3 big losers - stakes were bigger than usual and rather than paying for my holiday I almost doubled the cost :oops:

URC and Gallagher back this week - I am still at the coast so limited contributions for me and haven't got my head around team selections so not going to have a go at the caps this week

Have a good one!

BG

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 1 week ago #2 by shaft
Already shortening so firing this while I still can.

Bulls +5.5 @ 5/6.

Books have the wrong favorite here.

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, coil

More
4 months 1 week ago #3 by wslark1
Bath v Harlequins: Quins Plus

We have some rain predicted. Even as a Bath fan, for me this should be close to a choice game.

Taken some +7 personally, there's still some +6 and +5 out there.

Real value here if both teams 100%
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Stoossy, Kirky

More
4 months 1 week ago #4 by Mondo86
Bulls +7.5 & Gloucester ML & Quins vs Bath over 44.5 @ 3.1 is a cheeky Xmas gelukkie - treat yourself

Merry Xmas boys! Hope it's an awesome festive season and thank you all for a lekker punting year!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil, Stoossy

More
4 months 1 week ago #5 by coil
Lovely weekend to look forward to before Christmas , hoping to find a few winners !

Might be a few drops in Glasgow but shouldn't really be cause for concern , both sides have named strong sides and I'm going for the visitors to ruffle the home side's feathers, preferring the 9 and 10 pairing , plus 5.5 .

Ulster smashed Racing last week and for two weeks in a row the home side have dished me out a hiding , I'm still not overly convinced and with the sides named I feel Connacht can go close , confident with plus 9.5 .

It's another plus for me when Newcastle return home to face Bristol , the latter were most disappointing in recent weeks and Newcaste despite being horribly shite they need a win like bone marrow and should be in the running , therefore plus 8.5 looks yummy to me.

Finally it's a royal scoop of 4 plusses , Sarries on teh board and plus 1.5 is a confident call.

Play well cadres
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747, Quill

More
4 months 6 days ago #6 by Chiefie

coil wrote: Lovely weekend to look forward to before Christmas , hoping to find a few winners !

Might be a few drops in Glasgow but shouldn't really be cause for concern , both sides have named strong sides and I'm going for the visitors to ruffle the home side's feathers, preferring the 9 and 10 pairing , plus 5.5 .

Ulster smashed Racing last week and for two weeks in a row the home side have dished me out a hiding , I'm still not overly convinced and with the sides named I feel Connacht can go close , confident with plus 9.5 .

It's another plus for me when Newcastle return home to face Bristol , the latter were most disappointing in recent weeks and Newcaste despite being horribly shite they need a win like bone marrow and should be in the running , therefore plus 8.5 looks yummy to me.

Finally it's a royal scoop of 4 plusses , Sarries on teh board and plus 1.5 is a confident call.

Play well cadres

Fuck me, this Ulster v Connacht is garbage.

I’ve just witnessed a 6 minute reset scrum.

Turning this crap off.

More
4 months 6 days ago #7 by coil
Kunt of a ref in the Ulster game , he literally has one eye . Connacht cannot catch a break .

More
4 months 6 days ago #8 by Brent Graham
Late to the party on the Bulls bu taking the 11/10

Stormers v Bulls preview

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham

More
4 months 6 days ago #9 by Chiefie

coil wrote: Kunt of a ref in the Ulster game , he literally has one eye . Connacht cannot catch a break .

Loving my over 39.5 in Ulster v Connacht.

Ends 20-19.

Odds at 1/2. Jokes.

More
4 months 6 days ago #10 by coil
Edinburgh fell away badly towards the end but at least a late try by the awful Falcons ensured a small profit on the night .

I've also missed the Bulls bus and that always worries me somewhat , I'll probably still go for them but will need to think about that . I have fired under 51.5 however and then saw that it was Marius on the whistle , I'm going to be squeaky bum for most of the match as a result.

Benetton seem a decent side and have been able to put away Zebre in recent years by double digits , going to lean towards them and I've taken minus 9.5 at 4/5 .

I'm going for Leicester at plus .5 in the UK and also Northampton plus 2.5 at 4/5 .

More
4 months 6 days ago #11 by Jameson
Weather in Parma looks sunny and a very pleasant 19 C so I've gone over 51 pts @evens for the Zebra game.

A festival of running rugby!! Zero confidence though as I'm on a bit of a losing streak ..... :-)

More
4 months 6 days ago #12 by Jameson
Holy crap - zero skill levels shown by the players and the ref in this Zebra game :-(

More
4 months 6 days ago #13 by Chiefie

Jameson wrote: Holy crap - zero skill levels shown by the players and the ref in this Zebra game :-(

Christmas miracle for you.

Penalty missed to touch with 45 seconds left.

Parma scores in 81st min.

Snatching victory from the Jews of defeat

More
4 months 6 days ago #14 by Jameson

Chiefie wrote:

Jameson wrote: Holy crap - zero skill levels shown by the players and the ref in this Zebra game :-(

Christmas miracle for you.

Penalty missed to touch with 45 seconds left.

Parma scores in 81st min.

Snatching victory from the Jews of defeat

and I was writing my goodforthegame resignation letter .... :-)

More
4 months 6 days ago #15 by Jameson
Going to try and ride my luck - Pau v Clermont @1/2 time over 33.5pts (10-3)........

More
4 months 5 days ago #16 by Jameson

Jameson wrote: Going to try and ride my luck - Pau v Clermont @1/2 time over 33.5pts (10-3)........

Jeezzzz almost got away with that one too!

If memory serves, you lot have lost a lot of money on the Bulls in the past so I'm on the home team +1.5 .... :-)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
4 months 5 days ago #17 by Kirky
Dunno what I was thinking. I've promised myself time and time again, never to back the Bulls.
But when I looked at their team sheet ? I thought no way can this team lose to the Stormers.
No, not this time. Hooray, Jake is finally going to get that W that he wants so much. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: only he doesn't :huh: :pinch: :pinch:

I reckon if Jake retires now, he'd be doing the Bulls a favour, he's much too dour nowadays to be a coach :( maybe his heart attack or whatever it was, gave him a too much taste of reality ?

I've had another good weekend so far, but if Bulls and Leicester had of won, I'd have trebled what I won on a couple of fat accas. As it is, my 7-fold on the Top 14 rolled in a nice win.

Long may this run continue :P
There's some great rugby coming up. Damn, I missed the HANDICAP, the only show that matters.

Best of festive wishes to all, and let's roll those dice
Happy happy :beer :woohoo: :beer