• Brent Graham
  • Brent Graham's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Brent Graham
Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan was created by Brent Graham
Hi lads,

A new year a clean slate

Sharks Lions sparking some debate on Twitter and The Admiral grabbed the +11.5 Lions on last weeks thread

Also Gallagher

Still at the coast but may be back for Lions game

Chat with me on Twitter - @BrentGraham
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stoossy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan
Handicap has come in to -7.5 in Sharks game - reckon it is about right now

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3 by shaft
HT Sharks -3.5 @ 1.93. Eben back. Lions maybe a little rusty after a break.

"No team is as good or as bad as their last game."

• Brent Graham
  • Away
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #4 by Brent Graham
Replied by Brent Graham on topic Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan
Cheers Shaft was battling for a bet and went with the HT cap

Sharks v Lions Preview

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #5 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan
Sharks over 28.5 @ 5/6

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #6 by coil
Al llttle concerned with Lions starting 15 but am already on them at plus 9.5 and under 50.5 points total , ridiculous 3 rugby games off at the same time , 2 in the GP and one in the URC .
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by coil.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #7 by Jameson
Replied by Jameson on topic Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan
These Lions dont look undercooked to me! :-o

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #8 by SirDesChamps00
Replied by SirDesChamps00 on topic Rugby Sharks v Lions, Gallagher Prem 2-9 Jan
Been watching a fair bit of rugby over the Christmas and start of new year, Jesus I am falling out of love with it is anyone else feeling the same or just me?
Lot of very poor low scoring games littered with mistakes, some refs killing games too, constant scrums slowing everything down. You'd miss the World Cup even though there was one sided pool games you could still have a bet and enjoy it, now it's just impossible predict games for me..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kirky

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #9 by Kirky

SirDesChamps00 wrote: Been watching a fair bit of rugby over the Christmas and start of new year, Jesus I am falling out of love with it is anyone else feeling the same or just me?
Lot of very poor low scoring games littered with mistakes, some refs killing games too, constant scrums slowing everything down. You'd miss the World Cup even though there was one sided pool games you could still have a bet and enjoy it, now it's just impossible predict games for me..

Yep, I am Sir Des. Same here :blink:
After the intensity of the WC, I'm struggling with my levels of interest noticeably flagging, and it reflects on the players and refs too.

I remember this feeling from years past, where an already hard to predict game became impossible because of the mixture of different leagues being thrown together with the various European cups mixed in with domestic leagues, and some teams motivation levels in the different comps.

Before yesterday's Sharks v Lions I looked at Eben wondering how difficult it must for him and Plum to work together ito high-achiever player / under-performing coach, and there wasn't a good way I could think of. At KO, I already felt it in my stomach that Sharks would lose, but did nothing: Opportunity lost, when I get those type of premonition, it's usually on the button.

Owen Farrel also.
With his legions of England fans having treated him so badly during the WC, that he first said fukkit to playing for England, and now also to Sarries. Choosing relative obscurity to both get away from his fickle fans, and go for the money in France.
Now throw in Xmas and the 6N too, it's gotta be a mess.
Difficult to stay motivated to watch games and seeing your pick not performing.

But what I also remember about this time of the year is that if you're careful, and can identify various motivations and the teams targets, you get a bunch of mismatches - and that's where punting can get really profitable, really quickly.:woohoo:
In years past, we had a guy called Brady on the forum, who spoke and studied the Top14, and he provided solid tips on which teams were concentrating where. Hoping someone else steps up.

TBF, I've been expecting this, and this week I've pretty much lost everything I've bet on but, with much reduced stakes. And I'm waiting to spot mismatches to go big into over the next month or two.

Best keep your chin up mate, the quality of rugby does improve too :beer :)

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #10 by Pablo
I think you're mistaken betting and rugby. Rugby is still a enjoyable sport if you separate it from betting.

The problem is thinking that is still possible to get +20% yield but those numbers died few years ago, so if you don't reach it you get frustrated and don't enjoy the game. For me that's an error and something to worry about because its related with gambling addiction (not needed to bet in all matches just to keep your interest in the game, actually only 10-15% of the lines are valuable week in week on)

Getting +10% its very difficult, between 5 to 10% is very correct. But enjoy the game is above those numbers.
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by Pablo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, Stoossy, Kirky

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #11 by Kirky
Lotta truth in that too, Pablo.