All Racing Tips w/c 1st April

More
4 weeks 14 hours ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 1st April was created by mackem
Monday's racing comes from Scottsville, Winning Form preview below

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/scottsville-...rse-racing-tips.html

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 11 hours ago #2 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April
Nice to have some Monday racing again.

A few selections for today:

Race 1 - Act of Genuis @ 28/1 (WSB)
Decent first run and then been off the boil. Hopefully can repart that run.

Race 2 - Copacabana @ 13/1 (WSB)
Nicely bred and weighted to places. Fav looks had to beat.

Race 4 - There she Goes @ 17/1 & Isnt she Bonny @ 13/1
Both of these have a decent swing and go at the weights.

Race 5 - News Stream @ 13/1

Enjoy the racing, hope your horses run well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: southpaw

More
4 weeks 7 hours ago #3 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April
Thanks Kt.

Will have an interest as day off -

R7 Take to war @ 40/1 ew.

Half brother to Dyce, doesn’t seem to have found preferred trip yet, a win over 2200 and earlier 2 good places in sprints in Cape. Just on breeding I have to think he has some potential in this sort of field.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #4 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #5 by mackem
Winning Form, Greyville on Wednesday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-we...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #6 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April
Hi Chris, any updates on RV and your thoughts on the big race on Saturday? I see his on top of the betting boards, guess the days of him being 50/1 on big meetings are long gone!:lol:

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #7 by mackem
Hi Naids, yes Royal no longer flying under the radar as far as the fixed odds prices go ;) He has been working well, had a good prep work out at Greyville last week and a subsequent final gallop this week was very encouraging. Plan is to follow same plan as was perfectly executed for Summer Cup win in terms of travel from Durbs to Turffontein.

From Summer Cup win only Puerto Manzano that was behind Royal on the day has a big enough pull in the weights to turn it around but respect for all the opposition from my side including Cousin Casey who beat us twice at level weights in 2yo days. Think Dave The King has to be a player gven he is highest rated and jumps from gate 1 and we haven't bumped into him before. It doesn't stop there as pace etc.. might be different to Summer Cup, massively compeitive and imo odds of around 6/1 (Without Question has just been scratched and revised odds not refelcted on all books just yet) look about right. We well drawn in 3 and that is another plus for us.

I can't say he is a banker against the best in JHB at level weights but personally, and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible :) . I wouldn't swap Royal for anything else in the field. Brent coming to cheer him along with me and a terrific day beckons whatever the result.

Winning Form, Vaal Thursday preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/vaal-thursda...rse-racing-tips.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: Brent Graham, kt6747, Batrico, Naidoo

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #8 by Naidoo

mackem wrote: Hi Naids, yes Royal no longer flying under the radar as far as the fixed odds prices go ;) He has been working well, had a good prep work out at Greyville last week and a subsequent final gallop this week was very encouraging. Plan is to follow same plan as was perfectly executed for Summer Cup win in terms of travel from Durbs to Turffontein.

From Summer Cup win only Puerto Manzano that was behind Royal on the day has a big enough pull in the weights to turn it around but respect for all the opposition from my side including Cousin Casey who beat us twice at level weights in 2yo days. Think Dave The King has to be a player gven he is highest rated and jumps from gate 1 and we haven't bumped into him before. It doesn't stop there as pace etc.. might be different to Summer Cup, massively compeitive and imo odds of around 6/1 (Without Question has just been scratched and revised odds not refelcted on all books just yet) look about right. We well drawn in 3 and that is another plus for us.

I can't say he is a banker against the best in JHB at level weights but personally, and I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible :) . I wouldn't swap Royal for anything else in the field. Brent coming to cheer him along with me and a terrific day beckons whatever the result.

Brilliant Chris and I am sure we all will be shouting him home and fingers crossed you can lead him in should he win. Yes, its def going to be a competitive race but he should be fighting it out in the finish. Goodluck for Saturday and safe travels.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #9 by southpaw
hope too see Mackem being interviewed Saturday, BG has been a lucky charm when attending at the course before!!

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #10 by mackem
Winning Form, Fairview on Friday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #11 by kt6747
Good luck for tomorrow Mackem, will be shouting him home with you guys.

A couple of early fancies for me for tomorrow.

Race 4 - Celtic Rumours @ 33/1
I know out at the weights but I remember the stable saying they rated this one and seems to pop up. Will have his work cut out to beat fav, but well drawn and gets decent jock up.

Race 8 - Mondial @ 25/2
I remember the stable saying it has been aimeed at the derby, and I think this is an open one as I cant have Maurading Horde.

Will see what else catches me tonight.

Enjoying the racing tomorrow guys

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #12 by mackem

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #13 by Naidoo
Goodluck for today Chris with RV and the Oracle with his horse in the first. Hopefully the weather holds out till the end.

Projected R8m Pick 6 for today so giving it a go and hoping for the best.
Pick6 Selections - R975 full ticket
FIELD

Goodluck with everyone's bets for today and hope all goes well.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #14 by kt6747
Some awesome racing today, hope the weather holds for the full day.

Race 1
Parisian Walkway @ 14/1 (WSB)
Stable normally brings them ready to run on the big days, and would expect ready to go. Gets decent jock up and drawn towards the outside. On breeding dame showed some pace, and if sticky been by Ideal World should enjoy.
Hearing talk on for Vibe SA, and with the trainer bump he amazingly gets, but still wasnt impressed by runs in KZN.
Will take swingers with fav as well.

Race 2
Famous Lady @ 30/1
Won nicely first time and then looks like has learnt from De Kock stable, and put it away for this race. Khumalo gets back up and Talk of the Towns have been showing early pace.
Fav looks hard to beat but drawn wrong side.

Race 3
Mount Pinatubo @ 14/1
Was on him last time when beat more favored stable mate. Stable has said decent sort and positive comments from stable.
Again Pistol Pete looks good, but will rather take evens for top 3 than 1/4 to win.

Race 4
Celtic Rumours as above
White Pearl @ 6/1
Nice weight and draw. This is optimum distance and I just think SS is better over 1600m.

Race 5
Fraces Ethel @ 8/1
Fav looks well in but this one I think is looking for this trip, and showings to date have been above average.
Will be weighted to places @ evens

Race 6
Fav hard to oppose, will take a little of Gilded Butterfly @ 40/1
Weighted to places top 4.

Race 7
Pray for Rain @ 50/1
Out at the weights, but in top form holds a couple on previous form. Not confident but think 28/10 top 4 is some decent value, or 16./10 top 5.

Race 8
As above, Mondial

Race 9
On the Royal Victory train, also really like Winchester Mansion, will float both in Quartet with 1/2/3/4/8/10/11 for another interest.

Race 10
Raiseahallejah @ 20/1
Just one I have followed. also like Crimson King. Tough always in these staying races.

Enjoy the day

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #15 by Naidoo
Thanks KT....I think most favs are hard to beat and I don't want to back horses to place as the weather could cause some crazy results. My thinking is that if the bad weather comes in the afternoon, then a race to target is the last, as KT mentioned these staying races are a nightmare for betting. With the expected rain and the soft underfoot conditions by the time of the last race, I think Rule Book at 13/1 is massive value.

His carrying a light mass of just 50kg, he will comfortably see out the 2850m and on the last run, his better weighted than weak favourite Crimson King. Add the fact that he loves wet conditions (6 Races in wet, for 3 wins and 1 second), I think he could be a lurker in the last.

Rule Book EW 13/1

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #16 by southpaw
top thoughts KT.

Beat me to it race 1, also on PARASIAN WALKWAY ew, as you say stable do well these big meetings and i'm not too hot on favourite 2.

R4 Anfields Rocket @ 20/1 ew, on paper not sort of race for him but he caught my eye last time out and jock knows him well.

R5 Beating Wings @ 9/1 ew, yard is good to me and could enjoy extra.

R6 Mrs G to cause a minor upset, will take the straight exacta Mrs G over Gimme.

R7 Ready to Charge 33/1 ew.

R9 All aboard RV, and my back-up Zeus @ 18/1.

Good Council in the last 14/1, yard another positive for me.

enjoy.
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by southpaw.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #17 by Batrico
Replied by Batrico on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April
Congrats mackem and your fellow owners. Great run from the horse. Enjoy your celebrations.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #18 by kt6747
Congrats Mackem, really well done. Great win from Royal Victory.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #19 by Naidoo

mackem wrote: Hi Naids, yes Royal no longer flying under the radar as far as the fixed odds prices go ;) He has been working well, had a good prep work out at Greyville last week and a subsequent final gallop this week was very encouraging. Plan is to follow same plan as was perfectly executed for Summer Cup win in terms of travel from Durbs to Turffontein.

Royal Victory what a special horse! Another brilliant Group 1 victory, well done to Chris and all connections. Roll on the KZN season now, many more special days in store.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago - 3 weeks 2 days ago #20 by Blackadder
Replied by Blackadder on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April
Congrats Chris and all the connections. What a special horse!!!

This was special -- a Real Royal Victory. And a victory for GFTG.

Sure you and Brett will have a great evening. Enjoy :beer :beer
Last edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by Blackadder.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #21 by The Vann
Replied by The Vann on topic All Racing Tips w/c 1st April

Naidoo wrote: Thanks KT....I think most favs are hard to beat and I don't want to back horses to place as the weather could cause some crazy results. My thinking is that if the bad weather comes in the afternoon, then a race to target is the last, as KT mentioned these staying races are a nightmare for betting. With the expected rain and the soft underfoot conditions by the time of the last race, I think Rule Book at 13/1 is massive value.

His carrying a light mass of just 50kg, he will comfortably see out the 2850m and on the last run, his better weighted than weak favourite Crimson King. Add the fact that he loves wet conditions (6 Races in wet, for 3 wins and 1 second), I think he could be a lurker in the last.

Rule Book EW 13/1

Happy Days :beer

More
3 weeks 14 hours ago #22 by mackem
Many thanks for all the good wishes guys. Royal is already back home safely in Durban, this very special horse is a huge credit to his trainer who will now be plotting a route into the July. Amazing journey this !!!!

More
3 weeks 14 hours ago #23 by mackem
Jus reading the posts from the weekend, what a superb call from KT on the quartet with Royal and Winchester Mansion, well played mate :beer