All Racing Tips w/c 29th April

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #1 by mackem
All Racing Tips w/c 29th April was created by mackem
No local racing on Monday, will have Tuesday's Kenilworth preview later and we have feature races at Greyville on Saturday to look forward to.

All this week's racing tips are most welcome here

twitter: @goodforthegame

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #2 by mackem
Replied by mackem on topic All Racing Tips w/c 29th April
Winning Form, Kenilworth on Tuesday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/kenilworth-t...rse-racing-tips.html

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #3 by mackem
Wednesday's Punters Challenge preview for Greyville

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-we...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 week 6 days ago #4 by mackem
Winning Form, Turffontein on Thursday Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 week 6 days ago #5 by southpaw
Replied by southpaw on topic All Racing Tips w/c 29th April
hoping to see a big run from Barbaresco today (for July ante-post bet). A lot to do at weights to reverse form of William Iron Arm, but think he gives the hot favourite a big challenge.

More
1 week 5 days ago #6 by mackem

southpaw wrote: hoping to see a big run from Barbaresco today (for July ante-post bet). A lot to do at weights to reverse form of William Iron Arm, but think he gives the hot favourite a big challenge.

Great effort from your fancy there South, gave 6kg to Jordan who has improved leaps and bounds on that evidence

Winning Form, Fairview on Friday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 week 5 days ago #7 by southpaw

mackem wrote:

southpaw wrote: hoping to see a big run from Barbaresco today (for July ante-post bet). A lot to do at weights to reverse form of William Iron Arm, but think he gives the hot favourite a big challenge.

Great effort from your fancy there South, gave 6kg to Jordan who has improved leaps and bounds on that evidence

Winning Form, Fairview on Friday, Punters Challenge

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/fairview-fri...rse-racing-tips.html

Thanks Chris, and I backed Jordan previous run so typical it pops up today! Will wait to see if connections are sending Barbaresco down to Kzn but into 50/1 in betting. Perhaps owners are looking at Pure Predator as their best shot.

Both still got to beat Royal!

More
1 week 4 days ago #8 by mackem
Cheers South, exciting times and some more big guns stepping out in KZN on Saturday

Greyville Punters Challenge preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/greyville-sa...rse-racing-tips.html

and also racing at Turffontein on Saturday, preview below

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/turffontein-...rse-racing-tips.html

More
1 week 4 days ago #9 by southpaw
Small interest for me in the Drill Hall Stakes tomorrow, Waterberry Lane @ 25/1 e/w.

It’s a hot field but he loves Greyville and that 2L run behind best sprinter in country last time out was a cracking effort, seems to still have a zest for racing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: coil

More
1 week 4 days ago #10 by kt6747
Replied by kt6747 on topic All Racing Tips w/c 29th April
Thanks South, yeah always liked that one, will follow, but I also like the stable companion, last year really ran close in this one and Rising Sun, dropped in ratings and getting weight.

So mine for today

Race 1 - Maquette @ 25/1
Race 2 - LittleBlackGem @ 8/1 (WSB)
Carrying a really light weight after a good 2nd last time out at Scottsville.
Race 5 - Rainbow of Roses @ 9/1 (WSB)
Race 6 - Al Muthana @ 18/1
Race 7 - Let's Go Now @ 18/1
Has run close behind and beaten the Jhb horses at level weights over course & Distance. Though I think running for second as fav looks hard to beat on form, stable is in some serious form, so worth a shot at that price.
Race 8 - Mid Winter Wind
Same as above.

Take care and enjoy the racing
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil

More
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #11 by Naidoo
Replied by Naidoo on topic All Racing Tips w/c 29th April
Thanks KT and South and Goodluck with the bets for today.

Race 1 is the 400m dash, all about gate speed. Taking some longshots here and hoping they jump well. Shot of Courage has always jumped well and at 40/1 is a big lurker. Also taking another EW on last years 400m dash winner Trafalgar Square at 12/1.

In race 6, I am playing to beat Main Defender. Class horse, but the Peter stable is on a poor run lately and I think MD is no sure thing and no value around 5/10. I will have a nibble on both WL and AM, but my fancy is Gladatorian.

Gladatorian has had a good prep for the Champions season and was very impressive in his latest win, he gave a class horse like Good Traveller 6.5kg and still won with something to spare. Still a 4 year old, so further improvement is possible and having a EW bet at 10/1.

Twitter handle @vinolin_naidoo
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Naidoo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mackem, coil, kt6747

More
1 week 4 days ago #12 by mackem
Greyville R5, like a bit of Magna Magic at around 7/1 right now, lightly raced and reasonable efforts over much shorter, stepping right up in trip today, a player if he gets the distance

R6: Main Defender is pure class but also looking to take him on today. Recall Gladotorian connections saying this horse is well suited to 1400 ages ago and before a break he gave a decent one 4kgs and a beating over this trip. Suspect this has been the target for a while, local horse and race fit after winning on a comeback run, 17/2 right now looks ok to me

More
1 week 4 days ago #13 by mackem

Naidoo wrote: Thanks KT and South and Goodluck with the bets for today.

Race 1 is the 400m dash, all about gate speed. Taking some longshots here and hoping they jump well. Shot of Courage has always jumped well and at 40/1 is a big lurker. Also taking another EW on last years 400m dash winner Trafalgar Square at 12/1.

In race 6, I am playing to beat Main Defender. Class horse, but the Peter stable is on a poor run lately and I think MD is no sure thing and no value around 5/10. I will have a nibble on both WL and AM, but my fancy is Gladatorian.

Gladatorian has had a good prep for the Champions season and was very impressive in his latest win, he gave a class horse like Good Traveller 6.5kg and still won with something to spare. Still a 4 year old, so further improvement is possible and having a EW bet at 10/1.

Sorry mate, hadn't seen your post when I was typing out mine, we on the same page with Gladotorian :cheer:

More
1 week 4 days ago #14 by coil
Replied by coil on topic All Racing Tips w/c 29th April
Nice thoughts lads , mine below.

Greyville
Race 1
Wide open and wouldn't be taking 2/1 Chocolate Soldier nevermind 13/10 , Like Naidoo's Trafalgar Square and Golden Tat.

Race 3
Icy Eleanor has been backed and the stable can be quite accurate , so tentatively going to make it a play , open race otherwise.

Race 4
Sweeter than Honey has had a fair few chances but the stable has enjoyed a few winners of late and should go close.

Race 5
Lots of money for Hoodwinked and looks hard to beat , my roughie is Torix Night .

Race 6
I agree with the potential vulnerability of the peter stable at the moment , their jet fuel is not quite up to scratch. However Main Defender does love this trip and course. However I'll be loading up here too and funking for a result.

Race 7
Another hottie in Double Grand Slam who does look VHTB , I'm giving White Pearl and Sukkie de Kok one last chance having backed her in her last 3 starts.

Race 8
Sandringham is rightly a hard horse to beat after showing great potential at the track last season. However I think he's beatable and Green with Envy and my fancy Snow Pilot should be right there.

Race 9
Open race , Ancient World and Shoot the Rapids are my two fancies , the latter I hope bounces back to form but the stable a concern.

Race 10
Most impressed by Jazz Cafe with her last win , tough race but happy to go with her.

Play well boyos

More
1 week 4 days ago #15 by southpaw
Great thoughts all.

I really fancy SHOOT THE RAPIDS race 9, big drop in class and a touch unlucky last time out, clearly has some ability. 15/2 ew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kt6747

More
1 week 4 days ago #16 by Naidoo

kt6747 wrote: Thanks South, yeah always liked that one, will follow, but I also like the stable companion, last year really ran close in this one and Rising Sun, dropped in ratings and getting weight.

So mine for today

Race 1 - Maquette @ 25/1
Race 2 - LittleBlackGem @ 8/1 (WSB)
Carrying a really light weight after a good 2nd last time out at Scottsville.
Race 5 - Rainbow of Roses @ 9/1 (WSB)
Race 6 - Al Muthana @ 18/1
Race 7 - Let's Go Now @ 18/1
Has run close behind and beaten the Jhb horses at level weights over course & Distance. Though I think running for second as fav looks hard to beat on form, stable is in some serious form, so worth a shot at that price.
Race 8 - Mid Winter Wind
Same as above.

Take care and enjoy the racing

Brilliant start to the day KT, top call on Maquette at a big price as well :beer

More
1 week 4 days ago #17 by southpaw
Boom KT back on fire!! Lovely price top call.

More
1 week 4 days ago #18 by kt6747
Thanks guys. Was a nice win.

More
1 week 4 days ago #19 by coil
Nice little dirty ho !! Well done KT

More
1 week 3 days ago #20 by Naidoo
Not good signs for the remainder of Champion Season, when a horses supporters have the power to disrupt and abandon a race meeting.....

Anyway thanks so much KT for that Maquette tip, managed to show a profit for the day :)

More
1 week 3 days ago #21 by kt6747
Yeah, very disappointing for the season, glad you could get on Naidoo.

Really upsetting for racing.

More
1 week 3 days ago #22 by coil
Yeah that was crazy guys , the fact that some goons can hold the race course ransom is really insulting .

More
1 week 3 days ago #23 by southpaw
What actually happened? I wasn’t watching. Was it patrons connected to stable or just some punters? Why was MD scratched?

More
1 week 3 days ago #24 by Naidoo

southpaw wrote: What actually happened? I wasn’t watching. Was it patrons connected to stable or just some punters? Why was MD scratched?

Main Defender was scratched due to excessive TC02 levels.

They mentioned that it was punters who were upset that they banked MD in exotics and all tote bets and then communication came through just before the start of the race that the horse tested above the threshold and was scratched. I am sure there is much more behind the scenes and seems there's conflict between certain trainers and the NHA.

More
1 week 3 days ago #25 by mackem
Top call with Maquette KT, great price, well played mate

Reading that the features that were not run on Saturday will now be staged on Wednesday, Pretty dismal events at Greyville by the sound of it, a sad day!

Kenilworth on Sunday, Punters Challenge preview

goodforthegame.co.za/Racing/kenilworth-s...rse-racing-tips.html